Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-18-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had already started spending by that point, Robinho and the like, though I didn't know who most of the players were. I look back on it as the year they got Zabaleta <3
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
They had already started spending by that point, Robinho and the like, though I didn't know who most of the players were. I look back on it as the year they got Zabaleta <3
lol the mark hughes era.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PSG look set to bring in Marquinhos. Which hopefully then means Barca will obtain Silva, although PSG's owner had this to say about it, "If they pay Silva's release fee, I'll pay Messi's."

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man City signing Jovetic?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, Negredo and Jovetic. That would be City.

I want to see Guidetti do well somewhere. While I could root for him and Miyiachi if they both went back to Feyenoord, I would never actually see them.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

clean!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yep, Negredo and Jovetic. That would be City.

I want to see Guidetti do well somewhere. While I could root for him and Miyiachi if they both went back to Feyenoord, I would never actually see them.
Guidetti would be so sexy in a Newcastle strip.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

************* Cabaye and Ben Arfa wants out everytime in FM13.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
last time i checked, he wasn't french.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
************* Cabaye and Ben Arfa wants out everytime in FM13.
I just assertively tell them that they have time left on their contract and that they're staying. They usually just go along with it.

Well, once I sold Cabaye for 22M and bought Isco for basically the same amount. Should've happened in real life!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did the same with Cabaye. Sold him for 27 and bought Isco + Alderweireld.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why did I let Rob talk me into rooting for Newcastle?
Because you were too much of a ***** to get on the BuLi bandwagon before we took over europe.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think they did. Dumb as hell though.
Not as dumb as United for passing on that if it is true.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
My fandom stems from FIFA, loving the color blue (thats a big one!), and irrationally becoming a huge Michael Ballack fan in the 06 World Cup. Went to another level thanks to Football Manager.
Michael Ballack was so much more amazing in 2002 and with Bayern. He was one of the absolute best in the world, like I take him in that prime over Gerrard or Lamps at any point in their primes.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants blue and Chelsea blue. It was always a match for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bony was way over-priced. Michu is sexy as **** though.

And, if you are an American sports fan (we deal with front runners all the ******* time) and got into soccer over the age of 15, there are very few excuses I'll accept for picking Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or, if your fandom was born in the past few years, Man City or Spurs.

It is lame.
Spurs have the best German in the EPL, so for now they're my favorite top team, but their no Swansea.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Giants blue and Chelsea blue. It was always a match for me.
Schalke wear Blue, although they I couldn't imagine the pain a Schalke fan experiences. At least Union fans know we'll never lift the Salad Bowl, Schalke fans have hopes and distant memories of ancient glory.

I actually don't like too many teams who were only Blue. Union wear red and white, BVB wear Yellow and Black, Gladbach wear all-whites or Green and Black, the Avs have just as much Burgundy as Blue, Anzi wear Yellow and the german NT wears white and black, with alternate jerseys that have been Red, Green and Black but never Blue. It's only the giants who wear only Blue and the Knicks who wear predominantly blue.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Schalke wear Blue, although they I couldn't imagine the pain a Schalke fan experiences. At least Union fans know we'll never lift the Salad Bowl, Schalke fans have hopes and distant memories of ancient glory.

I actually don't like too many teams who were only Blue. Union wear red and white, BVB wear Yellow and Black, Gladbach wear all-whites or Green and Black, the Avs have just as much Burgundy as Blue, Anzi wear Yellow and the german NT wears white and black, with alternate jerseys that have been Red, Green and Black but never Blue. It's only the giants who wear only Blue and the Knicks who wear predominantly blue.
All my teams are blue besides thew college I went to. It's definitely how I picked teams even though I was young for them all besides Chelsea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I should've done the same thing with American teams, but it's too late. I would've gone Nets/Raiders.

Or I should've gone with an area and picked the Raiders and Warriors. So if I ever went to America I could see both sports teams. But i'm stuck with ****** Wisconsin.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

San Jose Sharks had the coolest teal color AND my Spanish name. I loved them as a kid for those reasons.

Quote:
Sunderland has always been the rumor within the Prem and that's coming back with Graham's departure. I'm sure you'd love that. Jozy and Guidetti
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
PSG look set to bring in Marquinhos. Which hopefully then means Barca will obtain Silva, although PSG's owner had this to say about it, "If they pay Silva's release fee, I'll pay Messi's."
There's only that whole part where has to Messi agree to the move that may prove to be a difficult task.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The comments were fabricated. Nobody at PSG has a release clause.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked Liverpool for a few reasons:

1) Fernando Torres was far and away my favorite soccer player during his rise+hey day with Liverpool

2) I just loved the kits, red on red looks really nice and those black and gold ones they had were crispy as well.

For lack of a better reason, I just wanted to adopt an EPL team and try to get into soccer. I didn't really get INTO soccer, however, for another couple years after I'd picked Liverpool.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Benteke withdrew his transfer request and has signed a new deal at Villa. Interesting.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tito Vilanova has resigned from Barca due to his battle with cancer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote