Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-18-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor, poor, poor Levante.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, this PL season is going to be absolutely wild. Could legitimately see 4 different sides that have a case for the title this year. Not very common in this day and age.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spurs :D Roberto!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Real Madrid back 4 has been awful so far.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Man, this PL season is going to be absolutely wild. Could legitimately see 4 different sides that have a case for the title this year. Not very common in this day and age.
It will almost assuredly be a 3 horse race. Nobody is cracking the City-Man U-Chelsea club.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
The Real Madrid back 4 has been awful so far.
Need Varane back now.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But their team is really bad, I don't see how they stay up. They were inconsistent last season in the Championship, and they've lost their two best players. Chamakh is the only decent player they've brought in.
Ugh being a Packer fan and then saying that. It makes me sad face :(

Inconsistent in the Championship? really? they started poorly, were great, lost their manager, lost form then pulled things together just in time for the playoffs, hardly inconsistent. A dip whilst adjusting during the season to new ideas is completely reasonable.

We also spent decent money on the highly rated Jose Campana as well as Dwight Gayle. Gayle was our only signing to feature on Sunday, our best player didn't even start (little Johnny Williams). There is A LOT more to come from this team. Mile Jedinak will be with a top 10 team by next season, he's just a beast.

People just know we sold Zaha so we are suddenly awful. I understand it's a very strong possibility that we get relegated but it won't be because of the reasons you've suggested. We already have a new signing CB/LB waiting to come in, a former player of the season left back Johnny Parr to come in, Chamakh and Campana to come in, Williams to come in, another striker is no doubt (judging by the chase for Darren Bent) on the shopping list, all on top of the best manager from the promoted 3. Don't sleep on Palace they will get better.

* I completely understand nobody wants to read a post this long about Crystal Palace.

On a lighter note I thought Jason Sudeikis' take on Palace was quite funny.

Quote:
Sudeikis says: "Crystal Palace sounds like a place where a kid has a birthday party - where you can race go-karts, do a little laser-tag and play some video games - no-one can take that seriously.
"The Tottenham Spurs, they have this exciting new coach in Ted Lasso that I think with AVB's help assisting will win 2-0."
Lawro's prediction: 1-2
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't see Jedinak making the leap to a top 10 team. I've seen him play plenty (Australian) and he screams West Ham etc to me.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Ugh being a Packer fan and then saying that. It makes me sad face :(

Inconsistent in the Championship? really? they started poorly, were great, lost their manager, lost form then pulled things together just in time for the playoffs, hardly inconsistent. A dip whilst adjusting during the season to new ideas is completely reasonable.

We also spent decent money on the highly rated Jose Campana as well as Dwight Gayle. Gayle was our only signing to feature on Sunday, our best player didn't even start (little Johnny Williams). There is A LOT more to come from this team. Mile Jedinak will be with a top 10 team by next season, he's just a beast.

People just know we sold Zaha so we are suddenly awful. I understand it's a very strong possibility that we get relegated but it won't be because of the reasons you've suggested. We already have a new signing CB/LB waiting to come in, a former player of the season left back Johnny Parr to come in, Chamakh and Campana to come in, Williams to come in, another striker is no doubt (judging by the chase for Darren Bent) on the shopping list, all on top of the best manager from the promoted 3. Don't sleep on Palace they will get better.

* I completely understand nobody wants to read a post this long about Crystal Palace.

On a lighter note I thought Jason Sudeikis' take on Palace was quite funny.
My reason for thinking Palace are going down is because their team isn't good enough. Compare them to every other team in the league and they probably have the worst squad; which teams can you honestly say have a worse squad than Crystal Palace? I don't really understand what you're saying, because if they do end up going down, a lack of talent will be a huge part of that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Palace and Hull will both go down. Cardiff has a shot. Anyway, are you ready to lose by 4 goals, SP? I know I am.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Crystal Palace and kind of hope they stay up.

Newcastlol on the other hand...

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Newcastle must be hilarious for impartial fans. I'm not why anyone would actually want them to go down.....just flirting with it would be the most fun for them I imagine.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think Palace and Hull will both go down. Cardiff has a shot. Anyway, are you ready to lose by 4 goals, SP? I know I am.
I don't think it'll be that bad. I can't see us getting anything, but I don't think we'll be embarrassed. Wishful thinking!

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Cabaye not in the team. He be getting sold. **** me. Hopefully it is a haul.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23748851

Ian Holloway already being an idiot. Playing the "bigger club get all the calls" card about a tackle that wasn't even a foul and that happened about 2 minutes before Tottenham eventually got the penalty. Also forgetting that the referee didn't give Tottenham a penalty when Paulinho was fouled, before the handball.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23748851

Ian Holloway already being an idiot. Playing the "bigger club get all the calls" card about a tackle that wasn't even a foul and that happened about 2 minutes before Tottenham eventually got the penalty. Also forgetting that the referee didn't give Tottenham a penalty when Paulinho was fouled, before the handball.
Cabaye is getting sold. We have bigger problems.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just saw that. :/

If it's anything above 20 and we buy players with the money, it'll be fine. If not, we could be screwed.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse

vs

Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero

Love City's players. Really looking forward to seeing all of that talent work together.

Last edited by comahan : 08-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
arsenal offered 10 and was promptly rejected. united could use cabaye. it's gotta be one of those two clubs but there would be a PL premium, i'm sure.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I don't get why Arsenal want him. They need a defensive/ball winning midfielder, not another playmaker to go along with Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky and Ramsey. Apparently they want Pogba, which would make more sense.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

PSG might be in on Cabaye also

Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It might be PSG with a godfather offer.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse

vs

Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero

Love City's players. Really looking forward to seeing all of that talent work together.
No Jovetic or Negredo :(
Old 08-19-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Aly Cissokho joined Liverpool on a season long loan with an option to buy. Decent cover for Enrique, but I'm not a real big fan of him. We'll see. The man certainly has physical talent.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Why is Jesus Navas wearing a captains armband?!

RIP themaninblack