Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Chelsea hijacking the Willian deal lololololol. How many attacking midfielders do they need?

Even without anymore signings i'd still say they're favourites. Either Spurs or Liverpool.
If Chelsea hijacked it I wouldn't even be mad. It is impossible to be angry at the offseason we have had. I think Spurs will be able to outlast Liverpool as long as Soldado stays fit.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If Chelsea hijacked it I wouldn't even be mad. It is impossible to be angry at the offseason we have had. I think Spurs will be able to outlast Liverpool as long as Soldado stays fit.
arsenal too. tottenham's gotta be favorites for 4th over arsenal right now.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
arsenal too. tottenham's gotta be favorites for 4th over arsenal right now.
I hope more than anything that Arsenal start to panic buy players for way more than they are worth, especially if those players are mediocre.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope more than anything that Arsenal start to panic buy players for way more than they are worth, especially if those players are mediocre.
Cabaye for 25M come on down.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Cabaye for 25M come on down.
STAHP. You've already ripped off a big club once in the last few years. Let someone else have a turn!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
STAHP. You've already ripped off a big club once in the last few years. Let someone else have a turn!
Bale for 97M?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Bale for 97M?
That is completely fair for both sides.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Chelsea gets Willian, then basically trades Mata for Rooney...

Can't help but think that the team might be better in the end, as much as I love Mata. The difference in ability between Mata and De Bruyne/Oscar/Willian/Schurrle is probably less than the difference in ability between Rooney and Torres/Ba/Lukaku nowadays.

Obviously, I think Mata is better than Rooney, but the point I'm trying to make is that I don't think Chelsea lose as much as they gain if Willian or De Bruyne slide into Mata's role while Rooney finally gives us a striker.

My biggest issue would be Lukaku being shoved down the pecking order and not getting a chance to get that top spot that allows him to develop into the beast he CAN be.

All of that being said, I really hope Mata stays put. He's so darn good.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not both? Surely they can afford Ronney without having to give away their best player?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not if Man Utd will only give up Rooney in a Mata swap

The bigger question though, is who would take his place in my sig?!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

Can't help but think that the team might be better in the end, as much as I love Mata. The difference in ability between Mata and De Bruyne/Oscar/Willian/Schurrle is probably less than the difference in ability between Rooney and Torres/Ba/Lukaku nowadays.

Obviously, I think Mata is better than Rooney, but the point I'm trying to make is that I don't think Chelsea lose as much as they gain if Willian or De Bruyne slide into Mata's role while Rooney finally gives us a striker.

My biggest issue would be Lukaku being shoved down the pecking order and not getting a chance to get that top spot that allows him to develop into the beast he CAN be.

I'd be surprised in the end if the Willian thing is even legit. There is a lot of support for the deal having already been basically agreed to and to be fair, the deal kind of looks lose-lose to me if he ends up going to Chelsea. Most fan reactions I've read online seem to be along the line of 'why?' and I kind of agree. It's a lot of money to spend on a player who in all honesty might not be good enough to crack the starting eleven and even if he does, it is at the expense of young but talented guys who need playing time to continue to develop.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Willian for 37 by the sounds of things. Spurs only offering 30. I can safely say I'd rather spend 30-35 on Lamela and possibly look at cheaper alternatives instead of Willian (Eriksen from Ajax?).

Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've read some things that have said Ba could be going to Roma in the merry go round exchanging of players. And Moses going out on loan which I'm not a fan of. I'd rather send DeBruyne out on loan again.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm not big on Moses at all while I absolutely love De Bruyne.

So assuming Willian comes in and Moses goes out on loan, there will be 6 guys for those three attacking mid spots, all of substantial quality, and all of which will probably be needed with the amount of games that Chelsea will be playing. That's me hoping that the Mata speculation is rubbish and he sticks around.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would just start Lukaku most of the time and keep Mata. No need for this current merry go round as you put it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I'm with you, that would be my preference as well. But if the idea is to just add Willian and drop Moses, then I'm all for it. It's not my money being spent, after all.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I can't see the Mata thing being legit at all. Nobody wants to go to Man Utd at the moment and I can't imagine a player of the quality of Mata suddenly being the one to change things.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm not big on Moses at all while I absolutely love De Bruyne.

So assuming Willian comes in and Moses goes out on loan, there will be 6 guys for those three attacking mid spots, all of substantial quality, and all of which will probably be needed with the amount of games that Chelsea will be playing. That's me hoping that the Mata speculation is rubbish and he sticks around.
I like Moses' direct nature of attacking the box. When Mata, Hazard, and Oscar are all on the field, I feel like they just play with the ball too much outside the top of the box looking for the perfect play.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Moses a lot but he always kind of felt like he wouldn't be a prime piece for Chelsea. I thought how well he performed in Europa last year was appropriate and about now I'd like to see him finding time on a bigger but less populated club.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

BBC saying Willian to Chelsea for 30m is official pending work permit hearing.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
BBC saying Willian to Chelsea for 30m is official pending work permit hearing.
About 5 million more than Spurs were offering I believe. Not surprised Anzhi took their time selling him. Good business for them.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Well they spent 30m to buy him from Shakhtar, so at least they got their money back.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I also always thought Chelsea needs Moses for their "English" player quota for the Champions league.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newcastle should get Moses. We almost bought him when he was at Crystal Palace, but then he chose Wigan over us...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Newcastle should get Moses. We almost bought him when he was at Crystal Palace, but then he chose Wigan over us...
I saw West Brom. But now that they brought in Sinclair on loan, who knows if their interested has changed.