Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-23-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooney and/or Lukaku need be the starting striker for Chelsea this season. The Rooney for Mata switch is tempting but in the long (possibly even short) term Mata is the better player to keep. It's amazing to me how much your talent we still have.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Rooney and/or Lukaku need be the starting striker for Chelsea this season. The Rooney for Mata switch is tempting but in the long (possibly even short) term Mata is the better player to keep. It's amazing to me how much your talent we still have.
Chelsea is going to have an issue with the homegrown quota whenever Terry and Lampard leave or hang it up. Aren't you supposed to have 8 homegrown players out of the 25 over 21 year old players you submit for your roster.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Chelsea is going to have an issue with the homegrown quota whenever Terry and Lampard leave or hang it up. Aren't you supposed to have 8 homegrown players out of the 25 over 21 year old players you submit for your roster.
8 have to have played in England in general for 3 or more years, and 4 have to be members of your youth academy for 3 or more years, I believe.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea will have Josh McEachran, Gael Kakuta (???), Nathan Ake, Loftus Cheek, Islam Feruz, and maybe some more into the senior level mix in the future. They should be fine.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chalobah will likely be a shoe-in as well

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chalobah is gonna be so good!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Chelsea will have Josh McEachran, Gael Kakuta (???), Nathan Ake, Loftus Cheek, Islam Feruz, and maybe some more into the senior level mix in the future. They should be fine.
Only problem will be finding players to cut from the 25 man squad to fit these guys in.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adel Taarabt is having a great game. Guess he will be **** for the next 9.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does nobody watch soccer after week 1?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pardew is really starting to grate on me. It's like he's doing his best to create a negative atmosphere around the club and the only reason he's doing it is to deflect blame from himself.

Apparently we're tired for the game today...after a Monday Night game?

Saying we were in the Man City game before Steven Taylor got sent off.

Cabaye not playing isn't an excuse, especially when the only reason he isn't playing is because we don't want him to get injured.

I see Roberto Martinez and how positive he is and how he doesn't look for every excuse in the book. I wish Pardew would just do the same.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Pardew's tactics are the only thing that really piss me off. The excuses are a little annoying, but Martinez is the exception, not the rule in that regard. I'd be frustrated too if I got no backing and was made to look like a fool time and time again after promising the fans signings.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, I think Pardew got the team right today. Shame Shola is a member of our best XI, but Cisse is nowhere near strong enough to play as a lone striker.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bailed on the thread when no one was posting. Also because Arsenal.

But ill be watching Newcastle online and the Altidore's on NBCSN here soon.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

But ill be watching Newcastle online and the Altidore's on NBCSN here soon.
This is almost certainly the best way to stay with the thread!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Is this your first year getting into soccer, Commie? I don't think you are even prepared for how glorious Sundays are once NFL starts up again. It is non stop awesomeness from 10 AM to Midnight.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

To this extent, yes. Been a fan since the 06 world cup, but never really a hardcore fan until recently (thanks djp/football manager). Very much looking forward to Sundays.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It is just perfection. You can sleep in relatively late, but there is no awkward three hour period between breakfast and the 1 o'clock kick off.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Juan Mata García ‏@juanmata10 1m
Exactly two years ago, i signed for #Chelsea. Too many things happened since then... #CFC http://instagram.com/p/dZabopkCI3/

:))))

Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Classic Darren Bent goal just there. Tap in from 3 yards.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is just perfection. You can sleep in relatively late, but there is no awkward three hour period between breakfast and the 1 o'clock kick off.
True, but if your team plays the early Sunday game, it can be a bit of a struggle to get up. That said, Sundays are absolutely ******* glorious once NFL regular season starts. 2 soccer games, then NFL RedZone for 6 hours. Already warned my girlfriend that I won't be spoken to on Sundays (first football season living together)
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

waking up at 6am is sleeping in for me, so I should be fine on that front

Also, Gary Hooper needs to get healthy dammit, I made very stupid predictions about his production this year in the EPL.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Your fantasy PL team isn't doing so hot, commie. Also, f you sarf! I'm coming for you.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hooper could probably score double figures, but that's about it. It is always tough to rate those guys that can give you 10-15 unspectacular goals, but literally nothing else.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Can't wait for Liverpool vs Aston Benteke today.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

<3 NBC so much. No more first row or VIPbox!