Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-25-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time seeing Zlatan and Cavani play together, I demand 14 goals

No Lucas Moura or Marco Verratti though :(

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
First time seeing Zlatan and Cavani play together, I demand 14 goals

No Lucas Moura or Marco Verratti though :(
BeIn is airing this now? It was a 3 o'clock EST game. Interesting. I almost spoiled it! Enjoy.

Also, Spanish people are out of their damn minds. Celta Vigo - Betis kicked at 11:05 PM local time on a Sunday. Good thing no Spanish people have jobs aside from the footballers.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it's airing now, they had the Barca game on at 3 EST

Old 08-25-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Well since D-Unit has apparently got me on ignore and refuses to switch the email on the rosebud account to one I still use and have access to, guess this'll have to do.

Anyway some thoughts on the first few weeks of German football.

1. Borussia Monchengladbach

This summer they added Freiburg's shooting star Max Kruse, and mercurial Brazilian Rafael who's played for Favre many times before. This has given them a really interesting shape. They're usually listed as a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as Herrmann and Arango drop deep to defend with the Kramer-Xhaka double pivot between them. But in practice what comes out when they get the ball is a lopsided 4-3-3. Arrango no longer has the legs to race up and down the pitch and since Gladbach counter quickly when they can Xhaka and Kramer are often level with arrango in the build up as Herrmann races to join the sneaky kruse and Raffael up front that pull the defense from side to side. They just lost to Leverkusen 4-2 on the road, but they are much better at home and leverkusen's opening goal was a very weak penalty call that have the momentum which lead to their second goal before the break.

2. My Eiserne aka the coolest ******* club in any ******* sport anywhere on this fuckingh globe

The big change this year has been the move to a one striker formation. Last year we played a lot of 4-1-3-2 with Karl playing defense in front of the back four and Tusche being at the middle of the attacking 5 in what was actual very similar to the old timey WM formation. We where dangerous and played attractive football, but this year we're much more in control. Part of that is new signing Kreilach who's taken over the defensive midfield with aplomb and has already chipped in 3 different types of goals. He has more than replaced Karl to give our midfield a defensive and offensive anchor in the middle to work around.

The other big addition was Soren Brandy who's been really awesome as the right wing forward after struggling in the opener. He and Kohler have been really dangerous crashing in off of the wings so we are still dangerous in the box, but we have an extra man to stabilize our build up which has led to some really pretty goals already, including today's equalizer where a very quick and clever move up the right found Mattuschka motoring up on the right all of the way to the byline where he managed to scoop the ball right back to Kreilach for a wonderfully crafted goal. It's gunna suck so hard when Tusche retires

3. The rise of the Plastics

In the BuLi there are three clubs that are bankrolled beyond what they earn, those are VW's VFL Wolfsburg, Bayer's Leverkusen and Hoppe's Hoffenheim. And all 3 seem to finally have their **** together. Leverkusen is the only one I expect to make it to Europe, but all three of these clubs are putting together solid squads despite having no fans and ****** atmosphere.

Wolfsburg under schaaf have really culled the absurd roster Magath put together while making some nice additions like Tim Klose and Luis Gustavo. Gustavo in particular helps anchor that midfield with Diego. That team desperately needs to replace Olic up top and if helmes is ever healthy again he would, but I think it'll take another craft buy to fill the spot. They do however have number of interesting midfielders to fit in around Diego and Luis while also having 3 supremely talented teenagers in midfield with Arnold, Brandt and Malanda.

Leverkusen have replaced their losses from last year and are yet again a good tough team to play against that can push you around in the midfield and burn you on the counter. I think their midfield needs to add someone that could help them in the matches where they will have to carry possession like Eriksen but he doesn't seem to want to join them.

Hoffenheim are the most interesting not just because they're a little less dislikeable, but also because they have an exciting young coach who's gotten a lot of love in Germany and has finally gotten that young team coming together. Volland is gunna be the next big name German attacker, Modeste has been a good striker at this early point in the season and Firmino seems to finally be learning how to use his talent. They have an incredibly young defense that Gisdol has well organized and are trying to bring Andreas Merkel back to Germany from Serie A which could be a coup, as the kid is still super young and just has amazing pace and technique for a box to box type central midfielder.

PS gotta love Schalke being Schalke, and Stuttgart doing Stuttgart things.
this is the most Rosebud post ever
Old 08-25-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so City lost? Someone give me a TL;DR of the game.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fraizer Campbell teabagged the Man City defence.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. Rufus about covered it. City's marking on set pieces was horrific as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Well since D-Unit has apparently got me on ignore and refuses to switch the email on the rosebud account to one I still use and have access to, guess this'll have to do.

Anyway some thoughts on the first few weeks of German football.

1. Borussia Monchengladbach

This summer they added Freiburg's shooting star Max Kruse, and mercurial Brazilian Rafael who's played for Favre many times before. This has given them a really interesting shape. They're usually listed as a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 as Herrmann and Arango drop deep to defend with the Kramer-Xhaka double pivot between them. But in practice what comes out when they get the ball is a lopsided 4-3-3. Arrango no longer has the legs to race up and down the pitch and since Gladbach counter quickly when they can Xhaka and Kramer are often level with arrango in the build up as Herrmann races to join the sneaky kruse and Raffael up front that pull the defense from side to side. They just lost to Leverkusen 4-2 on the road, but they are much better at home and leverkusen's opening goal was a very weak penalty call that have the momentum which lead to their second goal before the break.

2. My Eiserne aka the coolest ******* club in any ******* sport anywhere on this fuckingh globe

The big change this year has been the move to a one striker formation. Last year we played a lot of 4-1-3-2 with Karl playing defense in front of the back four and Tusche being at the middle of the attacking 5 in what was actual very similar to the old timey WM formation. We where dangerous and played attractive football, but this year we're much more in control. Part of that is new signing Kreilach who's taken over the defensive midfield with aplomb and has already chipped in 3 different types of goals. He has more than replaced Karl to give our midfield a defensive and offensive anchor in the middle to work around.

The other big addition was Soren Brandy who's been really awesome as the right wing forward after struggling in the opener. He and Kohler have been really dangerous crashing in off of the wings so we are still dangerous in the box, but we have an extra man to stabilize our build up which has led to some really pretty goals already, including today's equalizer where a very quick and clever move up the right found Mattuschka motoring up on the right all of the way to the byline where he managed to scoop the ball right back to Kreilach for a wonderfully crafted goal. It's gunna suck so hard when Tusche retires

3. The rise of the Plastics

In the BuLi there are three clubs that are bankrolled beyond what they earn, those are VW's VFL Wolfsburg, Bayer's Leverkusen and Hoppe's Hoffenheim. And all 3 seem to finally have their **** together. Leverkusen is the only one I expect to make it to Europe, but all three of these clubs are putting together solid squads despite having no fans and ****** atmosphere.

Wolfsburg under schaaf have really culled the absurd roster Magath put together while making some nice additions like Tim Klose and Luis Gustavo. Gustavo in particular helps anchor that midfield with Diego. That team desperately needs to replace Olic up top and if helmes is ever healthy again he would, but I think it'll take another craft buy to fill the spot. They do however have number of interesting midfielders to fit in around Diego and Luis while also having 3 supremely talented teenagers in midfield with Arnold, Brandt and Malanda.

Leverkusen have replaced their losses from last year and are yet again a good tough team to play against that can push you around in the midfield and burn you on the counter. I think their midfield needs to add someone that could help them in the matches where they will have to carry possession like Eriksen but he doesn't seem to want to join them.

Hoffenheim are the most interesting not just because they're a little less dislikeable, but also because they have an exciting young coach who's gotten a lot of love in Germany and has finally gotten that young team coming together. Volland is gunna be the next big name German attacker, Modeste has been a good striker at this early point in the season and Firmino seems to finally be learning how to use his talent. They have an incredibly young defense that Gisdol has well organized and are trying to bring Andreas Merkel back to Germany from Serie A which could be a coup, as the kid is still super young and just has amazing pace and technique for a box to box type central midfielder.

PS gotta love Schalke being Schalke, and Stuttgart doing Stuttgart things.
Glad to hear Leverkusen are going well, probably my favourite German team right now purely due to the legend that is Sami Hyypia.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea-Man U!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't do to hot this week in fantasy. 21 points but still have Hazard and Ivanovic. Can't wait for the game this afternoon. Should be good.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Monday night footbaaaaaaaaall

Chelsea is going with Schurrle as the False 9 tonight - one hell of a time to try him up top.

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard; Schurrle

Last edited by comahan : 08-26-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that more than Torres starting. Schurrle will be able to link play better and he's probably more of a goal threat.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I just feel bad for Lukaku, he's looked great off the bench in the two matches so far, and both Torres and Ba have gotten starts, so a lot of people assumed this was his game.

I wish people would stop going on about the Mata omission. 27 days holiday, thigh injury in training, and could barely go 1 half against Villa. Not even remotely ready for this game.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the very few days that you get me rooting along with you, commie.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
This is one of the very few days that you get me rooting along with you, commie.
You get to cheer as Rooney rips his shirt off mid-match to reveal Chelsea blue, making it a 12v10.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I just feel bad for Lukaku, he's looked great off the bench in the two matches so far, and both Torres and Ba have gotten starts, so a lot of people assumed this was his game.

I wish people would stop going on about the Mata omission. 27 days holiday, thigh injury in training, and could barely go 1 half against Villa. Not even remotely ready for this game.
I can only think it's because he's young and Mourinho doesn't want to rush him in. He's quite conservative when it comes to which players he picks and he tends to go with players he thinks he can rely on, Cech > Courtois, Terry > Luiz, etc.

Although I don't know why he thinks he can rely on Torres.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 08-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooney is starting ?

awesome.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I'm feeling a Chelsea win.

edit: Still feels weird seeing David Moyes as Man U manager.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I'm not feeling optimistic. I'll say 2-2 draw as a best case scenario for Chelsea.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I'm thinking Man U will be susceptible at the back and Chelsea control the game. Rooney, Welbeck and van Persie is quite an attacking lineup for a fixture like this. Should make for a great game, though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-26-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 1 minute late but I see a draw.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Welbeck being picked over Kagawa? Kagawa is just much better at everything.

He's being wasted on the bench at United, if this goes on, he should just go back to Dortmund and star like he should.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Seems like both teams are still feeling each other out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea really needs a true striker in there.

United is lacking creativity in the final third to break through Chelsea's defense. Put kagawa in!
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Welbeck just lacks quality. Should have been a goal.