Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's a shame Isreal blew that first game against Portugal. Had they won that one, this game against Russia wouldn't be so much of a must win.
Meh, I'd rather see Russia and Portugal at he WC than israel
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Jamaica are getting 4th!
It's not impossible. Heck, I think they could even finish 3rd if enough crazy stuff went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Meh, I'd rather see Russia and Portugal at he WC than israel
I'm a fan of the Jewish people so I cheer for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*shrug* they're just not very good and even if they did get second they'd be almost a lock to lose in the playoffs. Russia and Portugal on the otherhand are both interesting teams who would represent europe well at the WC.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Slovakia/BiH has been an awesome game so far. I'm rooting for both to make it because both play so much more attractive football than greece. But for that to happen Slovakia need to pull this off and then beat greece in the next match, so come on Nemec, score for your country like you're scoring for your club! EISERN UNION! EISERN UNION! EISERN UNION!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, I understand that Mexico is a bitter rival of USA, but you guys honestly would rather see Panama representing North America at the WC? Keep in mind, 4th place faces New Zealand in a playoff.

Panama vs. New Zealand for WC spot.

That's just not right.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Now, I understand that Mexico is a bitter rival of USA, but you guys honestly would rather see Panama representing North America at the WC? Keep in mind, 4th place faces New Zealand in a playoff.

That's just not right.
the 72 or so americans that watch soccer really hate the mexican national team, probably because the mexican team can easily out draw them in their own country.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's just not right.
Umm yes? Why would I care how CONCACAF is represented?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
the 72 or so americans that watch soccer really hate the mexican national team, probably because the mexican team can easily out draw them in their own country.
Partially, yes. And the rest for various reasons like Mexico thinks they are god's gift to soccer, when they are no more accomplished internationally historically than the US for the most part, their fans are some of the most obnoxious/unintelligent people I've ever been around, and just generally the fact that Mexico is such an abortion of a country that probably shouldn't exist.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

such an intelligent, dignified american answer.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yessss a retort that just makes fun of me being American! I knew it would eventually happen. :)

So, what is going to happen when Mexico doesn't make the World Cup? I mean, this is pretty much the entire reason for existing for 99% of Mexicans, so what happens then?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

The world cup isn't the only soccer that mexicans care about, unlike the 99% of americans. Club soccer is huge in mexico.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just noticed that Iceland has a shot at qualifying for WC.

Now that would be funny.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's just not right.
Mexico is the rival for the USA so of course I want them to miss the World Cup. Also, come World Cup time, Mexico will likely be a stronger team than Panama/New Zealand. That makes the road for USA potentially easier.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Meh, that's like saying if there was football in the Olympics or a World Cup of football, and the US played all their best players and didn't make it, no one would care because we still have the NFL, when the World Cup of football would be considered a million times bigger.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-10-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Very nice goal by Kokorin today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw_trnJsfiA
Old 09-10-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's not impossible. Heck, I think they could even finish 3rd if enough crazy stuff went down.
With ze German coach i'm definitely not writing it off. If we can win later I like our chances. Whitmore was just so useless, it's a shame we took so long to get rid of him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
such an intelligent, dignified american answer.
Quote:
The world cup isn't the only soccer that mexicans care about, unlike the 99% of americans. Club soccer is huge in mexico.
Right. Mexico isn't sweating the World Cup because they can always watch the Liga MX... Right?

Does the "draw" somehow affect the games result? If so can you please explain why Mexico has been so terrible at best stadium for "home field advantage" in the world (Azteca) as well as away when they travel so well.

Oh well since you have the Liga MX to lean back on I guess you can save the bags of urine for throwing at your league players rather than other countries national teams.

ROFL - this is going to be good :) In all honesty Mexico has much more fervent supporters and it is completely understandable they will be devastated if they don't make the World Cup.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

lolol you guys are impossible...

of course mexico is pissed off to be in the position they are in right now, chepo should have been fired ages ago. but we do care about soccer year round, rather than once every 4 years.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BECAUSE MLS.

Americans should stay out of the Soccer Thread.

Club soccer >>>>>>>>>>> International

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Netherlands and Italy officially qualify for Brazil.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
BECAUSE MLS.

Americans should stay out of the Soccer Thread.

Club soccer >>>>>>>>>>> International
Actually good club soccer >>>>> International.

But we're talking about Mexican club soccer.

And please, the American's that are soccer fans and post in this thread are aware that the MLS is no good and that in other countries the top club soccer is tits mcgee.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rather watch America-Guadalajara go at it than Israel-Montenegro.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feel too bad Mexico at least you didn't lose to Luxembourg.

-_- How in the world do you allow that to happen?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I rather watch America-Guadalajara go at it than Israel-Montenegro.
I would rather never watch America-Guadalajara, but sure if those are my only 2 choices.

Point being, the World Cup >>>>>>> Mexican professional leagues by pretty much any soccer fan who has ever lived.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Don't feel too bad Mexico at least you didn't lose to Luxembourg.

-_- How in the world do you allow that to happen?
Hey, those Luxembourgians(?) are rich, and money can win you anything.

That's why Mexico can't win anything.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-10-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MLS is actually a rising league. The last time Clarence Goodson was a free agent, he chose the Danish league over the MLS because it would be better for his chances at making the ÜSMNT. This time around he chose San Jose over resigning. Plus the addition of Dempsey is bigger than most people realize and LA will be a final stopping point for guys like Lampard and possibly Drogba.

Also, Yankee FC is going to make a huge splash and get whomever they please. If Neymar signs with Roc-Nation, I think that's the guy.