Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh my goodness. That a shock to me, wow, I'm legitimately stunned. RIP.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea RIP Antonio, good player.

On a lighter note, our college team is 2-0-1 right now (one forfeit). Our tie was a scrimmage. We won our first "league game" 2-1 on Sunday against Southwestern Illinois Community College. We play again tomorrow night against Danville Area Community College, I'll try and keep you fellas updated.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Oh my goodness. That a shock to me, wow, I'm legitimately stunned. RIP.
same here, FSC showed highlites of that game and showed him collapse and you just think to yourself, ok he will go to the hospital and be better in a week, but you never even think about him or anyone in a situation like that having a legitimate chance of passing away so when something like this does happen it is a complete shock.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIP Antonio Puerta RIP
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea RIP Antonio, good player.

On a lighter note, our college team is 2-0-1 right now (one forfeit). Our tie was a scrimmage. We won our first "league game" 2-1 on Sunday against Southwestern Illinois Community College. We play again tomorrow night against Danville Area Community College, I'll try and keep you fellas updated.
Nice, what's your playing time looking like...being a freshman and all?

Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice, what's your playing time looking like...being a freshman and all?
I'm a Sophomore my friend, and it's looking like I'm moving to left back and taking the starting spot there. Going from forward to left fullback, how sweet is that? I'm actually pretty damn good at defense, better than I am on offense.

I get a load of minutes during the game, and I'll be getting more if he starts me.

Just won our 2nd "official" game last night 7-1 over Danville Area Community College. And we are now 3-0-1 (2-0-0 officially). Play again on Sunday against St. Ambrose JV at home.

I had a goal last night too, ON DEFENSE. My teammate (who also happens to be my roommate) dribbled down the sideline, juked 3 guys and crossed the ball, I crept up to around 30 yards out waiting for a rebound to come, and what do ya know? His cross comes right to me, I run up on it, hit it one time and sank it far side netting from around 25 out, it was a laser shot. Had the entire crow go "oooooooo" and "ahhhhh." Freakin' sweet. One of the best shots I've ever hit.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm a Sophomore my friend, and it's looking like I'm moving to left back and taking the starting spot there. Going from forward to left fullback, how sweet is that? I'm actually pretty damn good at defense, better than I am on offense.

I get a load of minutes during the game, and I'll be getting more if he starts me.

Just won our 2nd "official" game last night 7-1 over Danville Area Community College. And we are now 3-0-1 (2-0-0 officially). Play again on Sunday against St. Ambrose JV at home.

I had a goal last night too, ON DEFENSE. My teammate (who also happens to be my roommate) dribbled down the sideline, juked 3 guys and crossed the ball, I crept up to around 30 yards out waiting for a rebound to come, and what do ya know? His cross comes right to me, I run up on it, hit it one time and sank it far side netting from around 25 out, it was a laser shot. Had the entire crow go "oooooooo" and "ahhhhh." Freakin' sweet. One of the best shots I've ever hit.
My bad man, this year honestly went past me so quickly, it's not just you, I just lost track of time for a full year haha.

But that's pretty awesome, sounds like a pretty sick goal there too man. And that's really odd, because I used to be a really good striker (like yourself) and then moved to left fullback (again, like yourself) and proved to be even better at that (also...like yourself). Good luck on the rest of the season though man..

Old 09-01-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Arsenal just signed Lassana Diarra...great move, another move to bolster the D for the future.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quite a lot of strikers find they are good in defence, as they tend to be able to think like their opponent and read his next move, as well as having the capability to be comfortable and distribute the ball well. I started out as a left winger before dropping back to all over the defence basically.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I think its quite obvious that Chelsea is just going after the Champions League this year, because everyone we signed has CL experience and no one has any premiership experience. Chelsea was at the top of the table and they looked sh*tty in every game so far and it finally showed today.

first to 500 posts
Old 09-02-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the Spurs are gonna give me a complex. They find a way to blow it at the end of every match. Robinson is playing like crap this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Arsenal with a big win today. Moves 'em into 2nd place behind Liverpool. They've been playing REALLY well at the start of the season, all without their entire starting defense for every game. Fabregas has been off to a really hot start (as has Torres for Liverpool...nice pick up). I know it's early, but I said it before the season and I'll say it again, I see the loss of Henry as a blessing in disguise, and I can only see Arsenal getting better from the loss, I expect a jump in the standings this year...Oh, and how the **** did Senderos get a red card lol!

By the way, Man U suck!!!!!! :)

Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Arsenal with a big win today. Moves 'em into 2nd place behind Liverpool. They've been playing REALLY well at the start of the season, all without their entire starting defense for every game. Fabregas has been off to a really hot start (as has Torres for Liverpool...nice pick up). I know it's early, but I said it before the season and I'll say it again, I see the loss of Henry as a blessing in disguise, and I can only see Arsenal getting better from the loss, I expect a jump in the standings this year...Oh, and how the **** did Senderos get a red card lol!

yeah, everything you said was true. That Senderos thing was worse than that call my Chelsea boys got at Anfield. And when Fabregas is scoring and VP is at top form Arsenal doesnt need Henry at all. And Man U... yeah they do suck

first to 500 posts
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Fabregas has been money for my fantasy team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Man, the Spurs are gonna give me a complex. They find a way to blow it at the end of every match. Robinson is playing like crap this year.

yea very frustrating game.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wWJGWJ3Ri...WgZlC3z1Lc0g==

Highlights from the Liverpool 6-0 game, Ryan Babel's dummy for his goal was awesome.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

3-0, still undefeated. Beat St. Ambrose yesterday 5-0. No goal for me but I played fairly well. Up next is Lincoln Land College, and they're really good.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
3-0, still undefeated. Beat St. Ambrose yesterday 5-0. No goal for me but I played fairly well. Up next is Lincoln Land College, and they're really good.
Congrats, sounds like you're doing pretty well.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

it was nice to see Sevilla absolutly thrash AEK Athens to qualifiy for the CL group stages

first to 500 posts
Old 09-12-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Wow 9 days with no discussion on this page,

any way two HUGE WINS FOR ENGLAND this week.

first to 500 posts
Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dutch national team just won a game against Albania 1-0. They sucked so bad I actually was rooting for the albanians, but in the end they scored in injury time. God they were crap.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Dutch national team just won a game against Albania 1-0. They sucked so bad I actually was rooting for the albanians, but in the end they scored in injury time. God they were crap.
Why do the Dutch always seem to play down to their competition?

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Why do the Dutch always seem to play down to their competition?
probably cuz of their passive style of passing
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

i watched the last 10 minutes of the game and i was glad i did, because the goal Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored was awsome, pure brillance on his part. Ill try to remeber to post it when it becomes available. Also in the 93" after Holland went up 1-0 in the 90th some fan shot a flare and it exploded in the air about 2 feet from a players head, that ill try to post too becuase it was shocking.

first to 500 posts
Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
i watched the last 10 minutes of the game and i was glad i did, because the goal Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored was awsome, pure brillance on his part. Ill try to remeber to post it when it becomes available. Also in the 93" after Holland went up 1-0 in the 90th some fan shot a flare and it exploded in the air about 2 feet from a players head, that ill try to post too becuase it was shocking.
They should set up metal detectors at the entrances of some of these soccer stadiums.

Those guys bring all kind of stuff.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote