Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Italy seems to be in shambles since the WC and I wouldnt pick them against the Netherlands and/or France. Romania will take points from someone in that group.

Portugal still lacks a striker but are stacked in midfield, but I wouldnt be surprised if they get bumped. But the Czechs arent he Czech teams of old, and the Turks are solid. Probably Portugal and the Turks.

If Spain can tighten up at the back, especially in the middle, they could be favorites. But Spain always look like favorites and never do anything. I know Bojan played for the Spanish national sides, but can he still play for the Serbs? I thought you only had to declare for the national team if you played in the senior side. Sweden and Russia are no push overs, so if Spain slips up it could be the end for them.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the transfer window has opened in England and the biggest news by far is that Nicolas Anelka has moved to Chelsea for £15m.

My own club Liverpool have signed central defender Martin Skrtel for £6m, I don't know much about him but what I have read is very positive, he's 23, a Slovakian international with 15 caps and 1 goal, and he's 6'4, a big physical presence.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
So the transfer window has opened in England and the biggest news by far is that Nicolas Anelka has moved to Chelsea for 15m.

My own club Liverpool have signed central defender Martin Skrtel for 6m, I don't know much about him but what I have read is very positive, he's 23, a Slovakian international with 15 caps and 1 goal, and he's 6'4, a big physical presence.
Skrtel should provide much needed immediate competition on the back end for the Reds and Benitez has already likened him to Carragher. He probably wont be ready to play against Middlesbrough cuz he hasnt played a competitive game in a month.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for those of you that care, USA vs. Mexico on ESPN2 tonight...it's going to be a great game

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
for those of you that care, USA vs. Mexico on ESPN2 tonight...it's going to be a great game
And it was, great goal by jozy, can't wait to see him develop into a world class striker
Old 02-07-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getwellchad View Post
And it was, great goal by jozy, can't wait to see him develop into a world class striker
Jozy is a stud...but overall we played pretty bad, especially on defense...Moor and whatever the other dude's name is are obviously not national team material right now, Bradley is worthless, Donovan disappears for at least a half in big games, Dempsey was trying too hard, and Convey looked like a 12 year old playing his first soccer game ever

that said, I love the hopefully future combo of Jozy and Dempsey up top

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the BBC:

Quote:
The English Premier League is considering the idea of staging some matches around the rest of the world. At a meeting in London on Thursday, all 20 clubs agreed to explore a proposal to extend the season to 39 games.
Those 10 extra games would be played at five different venues, with cities bidding for the right to stage them.
It is understood the additional fixtures could be determined by a draw but that the top-five teams could be seeded to avoid playing each other.
and it appears that America is in the running for some games:

Quote:
Cities in Asia, Middle East and North America are likely to show a strong interest in hosting the extra games.

The full article is here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7232390.stm

Old 02-07-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

if they have any teams with recognizable names (i.e. ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc.) then it will be a huge success...most soccer fans here are stuck only being able to watch MLS and some national games live, and the occasional exhibition during the summer...if they played a real EPL game here, I'm sure tons of fans would wanna go

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-07-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

It should go down well, and with the top 5 teams being kept apart, and there only being five venues (2 games per venue), it seems likely most places will get a good team.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Jozy is a stud...but overall we played pretty bad, especially on defense...Moor and whatever the other dude's name is are obviously not national team material right now, Bradley is worthless, Donovan disappears for at least a half in big games, Dempsey was trying too hard, and Convey looked like a 12 year old playing his first soccer game ever

that said, I love the hopefully future combo of Jozy and Dempsey up top
Yea, that D was HORRENDOUS! I hope that's not what they put out for the world cup, they need to find some new talent there...Bocanegra is not good at all in my opinion. I always liked Chris Albright...guess he never made it. But I'd say D is gunna be our biggest problem, because Tim Howard is an absolute animal...look what he's doing with Everton.

I disagree with your statement about Bradley though....you gotta be kidding me. He's one of our best players, he'd make a terrific stopper, I really love the kid, he's still only 20 I believe, gunna be VERY solid for them...

I too love the Joze/Dempsey combo up top, although I'd rather Dempsey play Attacking Midfield by himself and then have Taylor Twellman and Joze play up front...don't no why Twellman's not on the national team, he's an insane scorer...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, that D was HORRENDOUS! I hope that's not what they put out for the world cup, they need to find some new talent there...Bocanegra is not good at all in my opinion. I always liked Chris Albright...guess he never made it. But I'd say D is gunna be our biggest problem, because Tim Howard is an absolute animal...look what he's doing with Everton.

I disagree with your statement about Bradley though....you gotta be kidding me. He's one of our best players, he'd make a terrific stopper, I really love the kid, he's still only 20 I believe, gunna be VERY solid for them...

I too love the Joze/Dempsey combo up top, although I'd rather Dempsey play Attacking Midfield by himself and then have Taylor Twellman and Joze play up front...don't no why Twellman's not on the national team, he's an insane scorer...
Bocanegra is fine, he is just too aggressive/stupid sometimes...and Howard needs to learn how to control himself, while his emotions are sometimes a good thing, he often becomes to emotional and less of a leader in the back, but you're right, he's an absolute animal...

about Bradley, I was speaking purely in terms of that one game...he has played well some games, and others he looks like he doesn't belong anywhere near a soccer field...he is 20/21 and grew up playing forward, so he may still be adjusting to midfield, but he is a horrible defender, so I don't know where you are coming from saying he would be a good stopper

and I love Twellman, but the U.S. team for some reason refuses to give him a chance...I also like Eddie Johnson, but he seems to disappoint most of the time when called up...I would like Dempsey at either left mid of center with Donovan

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I disagree about Bradley, the only time he shows urgency on the defensive end is when he gave up the ball with a horrible pass or decision. I love Feilhaber and think Feilhaber and a defensive minded central mid would be quality. Landon gets lost on the wings sometimes but with him and Dempsey on the wings we would be much scarier.

I like Jozy and Twellman/Johnson up top. The reason Johnson instead of Twellman is because I feel Johnson would bring things to the table Jozy cannot while Twellman brings similar characteristics.

Onyewu is my biggest disappointment in the Defense. He is not a leader and just has not been successful. I think Bocanegra has shown he is much, much better as an outside back and is not made for the center. And Howard is awesome. I feel he can get a little emotional but this time it was evidently because he had to deal with incompetence of Corrales.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday probably ended Ronaldo's career. I saw his injury live on TV and he was crying like a baby for the pain. I'm so sick... It's hard to see the guy who make me fell in love with Inter finishing his career this way.
It's amazing how bad-luck can affect a player's career. In his first years with Inter he was amazing, the best player I've never seen, he was unstoppable, dominating from the first minute he stepped on the field. Then, a couple of years later he suffered a bad knee injury and he did everything to come back and help his team but he re-injured his knee. After 20 months of rehabilitation he played in the 2002 World Cup helping Brazil to win the competition.
He had problems with the coach, Hector Cuper, and he left Italy to join Real Madrid. Even if he wasn't the same player after the injury, he was pretty successful with Real Madrid, winning for the third time the FIFA World Best Player Award and the Champions League. He suffered from depression and almost died during the 2006 World Cup because of epilepsy...
Last year he came back to Italy showing how good of a player he still was... Everyone expected big things from him this year, but he suffered another injury during the preseason. He came back in November but he re-injured his leg. He did another comeback in December scoring two goals, but then the injury bug bit him again. Yesterday was his final comeback. He stepped on the field during the second half of the game, but after two minutes he fell down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoq4EAWt8cA

Now his career is probably over. What a sad day...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's to Ronaldo, one of the greatest pure strikers of all time.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A joy to watch especially on the biggest of stages. In his hay day there was no one better at finding the back of the net and despite all he accomplished he could still be viewed as an underachiever who never really tapped into his full potential. Hate to see a legend go out this way. :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe the best pure finisher to play in a long time....or should atleast be mentioned in that 1st tier.

Tough too see such a bright future slowed and eventually crushed by injuries.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

So how bout them Gunners....

Old 02-15-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope they'll kick Milan ass next week :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I hope they'll kick Milan ass next week :)
Yea, that'd be so huge you have no idea..

I'll take kicking Man Utd's ass this week as well...

Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Holy ****....BARNSLEY JUST BEAT LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!! What a great game...just further proves why I think Liverpool is the most overrated team in the EPL.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Liverpool is the most overratted team in the world. There plan is to only play well in the Champions League which is an overrated tournement, so people think they are good. I watched the game today and it was great, Liverpool had so many chances to win and Barnsley won with a goal with 24 seconds left in the game, it was great because Barnseley should have been awarded a penalty and the player turned away from play to yell at the ref, and 10 seconds later the ball went right to him and he made one move and shot a screamer to the low corner to stun Anfield.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
tough defeat to United today 4-0 but Arsenal doesnt care about the cup competetions like Chelsea does so most gooners dont care because they are tops at the moment.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Liverpool is the most overratted team in the world. There plan is to only play well in the Champions League which is an overrated tournement, so people think they are good. I watched the game today and it was great, Liverpool had so many chances to win and Barnsley won with a goal with 24 seconds left in the game, it was great because Barnseley should have been awarded a penalty and the player turned away from play to yell at the ref, and 10 seconds later the ball went right to him and he made one move and shot a screamer to the low corner to stun Anfield.
Yea haha I was yelling at the TV when that happened and my dad was like..Barnsley's still gunna score..watch....and they did.

I shouldn't talk though, Arsenal got blown out by Man Utd today. Still, Man Utd's one of the best in the world...Barnsely..not so much.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Barnsley ruined my day god damn it. Well it's Champions League or bust again this season, *sigh*

Old 02-16-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
tough defeat to United today 4-0 but Arsenal doesnt care about the cup competetions like Chelsea does so most gooners dont care because they are tops at the moment.
Eh..I was upset...I think, as Diaby said, a victory over Man Utd would have been a big mental blow to them and would have asserted our positioning atop the EPL more so than already. I think a victory would have been huge, simply because they're both top teams and both huge competitors in the EPL, main rivals this year I'd say and you never, ever want to lose to your rival, let alone get blown out by them...I will say though, to Arsenal's defense, they've been plagued by injuries and have been so overworked with the Africans Cup and all, I think it just finally got to them.

Can only hope they make up for it in the CL final 16...