Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Obviously the injury is terrible, but it really wasn't that bad of a tackle. You regularly see worse tackles than that. He probably only got 10 games because of the injury.
Yeah, it was bad, but the suspension was very harsh. Callum McManaman's on Haidara was far, far worse for instance.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, it was very bad, but the suspension was very harsh. Callum McManaman's on Haidara was far, far worse for instance.
Yep, that one came to mind right away. And he didn't even get a one game suspension lol.

But the FA gonna FA...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "lucky it wasn't more" comment was more about the French league than the tackle.

They have been clamping down on hard tackles and that one was exemplified what they are trying to remove. Zouma definitely hit ball first the problem was the trailing leg hitting the guy so hard it shattered his lower leg. The scissoring motion didn't really help either.

In the EPL I'm not sure he would have gotten anything more than a 3 match ban.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yep, that one came to mind right away. And he didn't even get a one game suspension lol.

But the FA gonna FA...
It wasn't even a foul!

Last edited by Rob S : 01-31-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If his teammates didn't start swinging after that I would have asked for a transfer.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If his teammates didn't start swinging after that I would have asked for a transfer.
Oh, coaches were swinging.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andres Guardado to Leverkusen.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andres Guardado to Leverkusen.
Smart loan.

Pretty quiet day with a TON of loans in the EPL. Moyes got a ton of fringe young guys playing time.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ter Stegen to Barca deal done, moves in the summer
Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
ter Stegen to Barca deal done, moves in the summer
Yup. Been just a matter of time for months now. Good get for Barca and good move for Ter Stegen.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Arsene wengers things with Draxler while Schalke fail to bring Holtby in after having sat on their hands with natkho. There's some times that aren't surprising, but they still make you laugh. Still would've been nice to see Wenger groom Draxler into the next RVP, but hey he can fail to sign him again in the summer!

Surprised Newcastle didn't get in on Holtby after failing to sign anyone on a permanent move. He'd have done well as a direct replacement for Kebab, even if he wasn't as french as Johan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Meh. Holtby has been complete dogshit all year. Honestly, Fulham is about where he belongs. I'd take Anita or Hatem as the temporary replacement over him and tie up the Grenier or Cabella deal in the summer. If they were going to go for a spurs player, i would've strongly preferred Capoue anyway.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contemplating going to the USA/Korea game tomorrow. Worth it???
Old 01-31-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Meh. Holtby has been complete dogshit all year. Honestly, Fulham is about where he belongs. I'd take Anita or Hatem as the temporary replacement over him and tie up the Grenier or Cabella deal in the summer. If they were going to go for a spurs player, i would've strongly preferred Capoue anyway.
Holtby hasn't started consecutive matches yet this season, kinda hard to settle in as the creative force on your team in that scenario, plus spurs have just been a disaster all year. Lewis can make horizontal passes just as well as anita, and has still flashed his ability to create real danger. Loan him out and give him a run as your creator when Hatem isn't hot and then replace him in the summer.

I don't really care since Fulham will do exactly that, and with Mitroglu he even has a quality striker to feed, but if Newcastle were gunna be too cheap to spend any money this window they could've at least plugged their hole with a loan.

And speaking of guys playing like dogshit, you bring up capoue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Contemplating going to the USA/Korea game tomorrow. Worth it???
Depends on how much it'll cost you. You have to figure out whether going to a glorified scrimmage is worth that amount.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down goes Barca!!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

United losing to Stoke is icing on the cake!

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depends on how much it'll cost you. You have to figure out whether going to a glorified scrimmage is worth that amount.
It has actually turned out to be a decent game. Two more goals for Wondolowski. He isn't anything special but I think he should be on the World Cup team. He goes 100% at all times and always finds himself near the ball. I think he'd be a nice guy to have to possibly bring in late in a game if a goal is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Kolo Toure lol.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

I hope bad things happen to him.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I bought FIFA14 for the 360 today if anyone has it and wants to annihilate me
Greatest sports game of all time
Old 02-02-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
Greatest sports game of all time
It's pretty awesome, I'm already thru 1 season and have just started the 2nd.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Aguero or Fernandinho for City. Good news for Chelsea!

Typical Mourinho 1-1 away draw upcoming?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

For those if you with FIFA 14, did the engine really change drastically? Cause I love how 13 plays
Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Should be up 2-0, maybe even 3-0. Certainly should have scored on that 4-on-2 breakaway, and Eto'o should have scored on that open net as well. Still, a good half by Chelsea. Sloppy D from City. Toure is an absolute animal though, not sure there are any midfielders I'd take over Yaya.

Quote:
For those if you with FIFA 14, did the engine really change drastically? Cause I love how 13 plays
I never played 13, so I can't answer that.