Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is. I bet they'd rather be making 25k a year playing in front of 250 people in Bumblefuck, Nebraska for the MLS instead.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It really is. I bet they'd rather be making 25k a year playing in front of 250 people in Bumblefuck, Nebraska for the MLS instead.
They shouldn't be playing for either.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those players suck dick anyway I don't know why you babies are whining.
Lol that's why it's hilarious. It's for a friendly and it's 2 players that really wouldn't make a difference one way or the other, so who cares if you let them leave?

Like I said, it just screams inferiority complex when there's no reason to.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well personally I would never want to play in Nebraska, but I would take it any day of the week over the 3rd world country America wears for pants.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-31-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well personally I would never want to play in Nebraska, but I would take it any day of the week over the 3rd world country America wears for pants.
Haha since both leagues suck I'd prefer to play in the one where I stand a better chance of not being kidnapped or beheaded.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to get a retort from MetSox.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gloves are off when it's soccer.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit, Welbeck.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I agree. It's embarrassing that we have any players playing in the Mexican league.
Mexican league > MLS

Quote:
Lol that's why it's hilarious. It's for a friendly and it's 2 players that really wouldn't make a difference one way or the other, so who cares if you let them leave?

Like I said, it just screams inferiority complex when there's no reason to.
Puebla is close to getting relegated and have a game tomorrow. Since it's not an official FIFA date, they're not obliged to release the players. Puebla is keeping all their players to try and salvage something, and to save face. They don't want people angry at the FO for letting players leave for meaningless friendlies when the club is close to relegation. Klinsmann doesn't care that Puebla is struggling, Puebla doesn't care Klinsmann is whining about his players and the non-FIFA date friendly, he said they said, etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
I've been to Nebraska. I'll take my chances in Mexico.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 04-01-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bayern are pretty fortunate to leave Manchester 1-1. Not at all what I expected.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bayern squad has been looking mighty complacent recently. Luckily for them they avoided the loss and this should be a wake up call for them.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 month transfer ban for Barca.

So Valdes is leaving, and they can't bring in ter Stegen to replace him now. Plus, no hope of addressing their defensive issues.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did they do to warrant that?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
14 month transfer ban for Barca.

So Valdes is leaving, and they can't bring in ter Stegen to replace him now. Plus, no hope of addressing their defensive issues.
So the pre-deal doesn't count? I was wondering about this when I heard.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What did they do to warrant that?
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/17...er-ban?cc=5901

Old 04-02-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So the pre-deal doesn't count? I was wondering about this when I heard.
I dont *think* so, there's all sorts of stuff out there right now talking about how he still plans to leave Gladbach even though his move to Barca might be/will be blocked. Not 100% sure though.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm betting it somehow goes through on a technicality. Seems to generally work that way for the big boys.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Mexican league > MLS

Puebla is close to getting relegated and have a game tomorrow. Since it's not an official FIFA date, they're not obliged to release the players. Puebla is keeping all their players to try and salvage something, and to save face. They don't want people angry at the FO for letting players leave for meaningless friendlies when the club is close to relegation. Klinsmann doesn't care that Puebla is struggling, Puebla doesn't care Klinsmann is whining about his players and the non-FIFA date friendly, he said they said, etc. etc. etc.

I've been to Nebraska. I'll take my chances in Mexico.
Yea, I mean I couldn't care less if Beasley or Orozco are up for the friendly. It's just hilarious that they either think one game in the grand scheme of their entire season is going to make or break their season/reputation/finances so they have to keep those 2, or they are doing it to stick it to the US. Either way, it's hilariously little brother. And Klinsmann was more making fun of Puebla and is just annoyed by the amateurism.

It's just entertaining is all and makes the mentality of Mexican soccer look like clown shoes at the moment.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Not watching but Chelsea are playing Schurrle as a false 9 again?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not watching but Chelsea are playing Schurrle as a false 9 again?
Essentially. He's basically doing the same thing Torres does when he plays. Extra connector with the attacking mids.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Essentially. He's basically doing the same thing Torres does when he plays. Extra connector with the attacking mids.
Got ya. I'm going to stop following online at halftime and then watch the second half when I get home from work.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yea, I mean I couldn't care less if Beasley or Orozco are up for the friendly. It's just hilarious that they either think one game in the grand scheme of their entire season is going to make or break their season/reputation/finances so they have to keep those 2, or they are doing it to stick it to the US. Either way, it's hilariously little brother. And Klinsmann was more making fun of Puebla and is just annoyed by the amateurism.

It's just entertaining is all and makes the mentality of Mexican soccer look like clown shoes at the moment.
You're sadly mistaken if you think the MNT or the league overall feel intimidated by American soccer.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
You're sadly mistaken if you think the MNT or the league overall feel intimidated by American soccer.
Haha I never said that they are and they shouldn't be at all. I even said initially that in no way do they or should they feel inferior to the US, yet **** like this screams of it. That's the whole point.

It's a clown shoes decision by a member of a circus of an organization (as a whole) at the moment. Everything Mexico has done in the last year plus just makes me laugh each time.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 04-02-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Haha I never said that they are and they shouldn't be at all. I even said initially that in no way do they or should they feel inferior to the US, yet **** like this screams of it. That's the whole point.

It's a clown shoes decision by a member of a circus of an organization (as a whole) at the moment. Everything Mexico has done in the last year plus just makes me laugh each time.
The organization as a whole is in shambles being pieces together by used scotch tape. You really shouldn't be this flustered about toying with two of your crappy players.

Maybe one day when the MLS is worth more than a pile of paper clips, they'll have a few Mexican players in the league and the teams can return the favor. Until then, deal with it
Old 04-02-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
The organization as a whole is in shambles being pieces together by used scotch tape. You really shouldn't be this flustered about toying with two of your crappy players.

Maybe one day when the MLS is worth more than a pile of paper clips, they'll have a few Mexican players in the league and the teams can return the favor. Until then, deal with it
Eh, I enjoy **** like this because it gives me a good laugh. I have accepted that our 6th or 7th most popular sport will never be on par with the rest of the world. It's ok because it keeps tickets super cheap!

I just wish the Fire could get back to fielding an entertaining team, and not just plugging in a random foreign "name" past his prime. And I use the term "name" very, very loosely.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver