Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's become lazy. He doesn't work as hard as he used to in order to get the ball. He just not the player he once was, plain and simple.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronaldinho's very much going the way of a latter day Ronaldo or Maradona...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Speaking of Ronaldo odds on him playing in the MLS in the next few years
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:45 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which one? The fat injured Ronaldo, it could well happen, Cristiano.... no way.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So champions league semi-finals are set:
Barcelona v Manchester United
Liverpool v Chelsea

Who's your money on? Both should be great ties, almost too close to call but I'll go for a United-Liverpool final.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I think Man U will make it, in fact I'm pretty confident on that, but I'm not touching the Liverpool game as a Liverpool fan, I don't wanna jinx nothing.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I think Man U will make it, in fact I'm pretty confident on that, but I'm not touching the Liverpool game as a Liverpool fan, I don't wanna jinx nothing.
Haha come on UK, you guys have an uncanny knack of playing well in the Champions League. It really annoys me that Liverpool seem to always find a way of winning tight CL games, like yesterday with that 'dodgy' penalty eh? ;)
All that and Chelsea apparently can't win big games under Grant.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-09-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Dodgy penalty nothing! Haha I think it was a penalty ( I would wouldn't I?!) but if it was the other way round I'd be screaming no pen, they're the breaks I guess, Arsenal should be more mad at Adebayor missing a sitter than anything else IMO.

Anyway yeah we do seem to have an uncanny knack of getting through, but the second leg this time is at Stamford Bridge, that's huge. Normally home advantage isn't that big but Anfield on European nights is something else, we need a decent win and a clean sheet first leg for sure.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Wow its been a long time since i have been on, Chelsea have had an interesting season, hopefully im still not the only blues fan on here. Great result on tuesday, we will keep a clean sheet and advance to play ManU or Barcelona.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Wow its been a long time since i have been on, Chelsea have had an interesting season, hopefully im still not the only blues fan on here. Great result on tuesday, we will keep a clean sheet and advance to play ManU or Barcelona.
Big game on Saturday as well. United v Chelsea and then the draft, one of the best sporting weekends ever.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Big game on Saturday as well. United v Chelsea and then the draft, one of the best sporting weekends ever.
honestly this game would be amazing if Rovers had beat United but even if ManU loose this game they can still win the title by beating West Ham at home and win away at Wigan. So Man U has the title pretty much locked, for Chelsea's sake i hope the win of course but to be honest i say go for the Champions League, we have the advantage and i believe that we can make it to the final so i would save some players for that game on wednesday because it is more important.

first to 500 posts
Old 04-25-2008, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
honestly this game would be amazing if Rovers had beat United but even if ManU loose this game they can still win the title by beating West Ham at home and win away at Wigan. So Man U has the title pretty much locked, for Chelsea's sake i hope the win of course but to be honest i say go for the Champions League, we have the advantage and i believe that we can make it to the final so i would save some players for that game on wednesday because it is more important.
Interesting thoughts. I know United would have to drop more points even if they lose to Chelsea but stranger things have happened. If Grant was to rest key players for whats being billed as a 'title decider', he'd get absolutely slaughtered in the press. He's not got the backbone to do that even if it would be the right decision on some level, I hadn't thought about resting players tbh.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-26-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I need cleats for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on what I should get. Price is an issue, 100 dollars max. Just searching the internet so far I've liked these:

adidas F30.7 TRX FG
adidas Predator Absolion TRX FG
adidas Predator Absolion PS TRX
Nike Zoom Total 90 Supremacy
Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Supremacy FG

Any info would be appreciated.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Interesting thoughts. I know United would have to drop more points even if they lose to Chelsea but stranger things have happened. If Grant was to rest key players for whats being billed as a 'title decider', he'd get absolutely slaughtered in the press. He's not got the backbone to do that even if it would be the right decision on some level, I hadn't thought about resting players tbh.
Well Man U is now getting slammed in the press for "rotating" their big players to keep them fresh for the game against Barcalona, it was a great game and im glad Ballack came to the rescue for us after a cheap goal Carvalho gave to Rooney and United. Man U is still number 1 in the table and will most likely not drop points in there remaining two games but you never know. I do also think this game is huge for Chelsea's momentium and will win at home on wednesday 2-0 or even 3-0.

first to 500 posts
Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Well Man U is now getting slammed in the press for "rotating" their big players to keep them fresh for the game against Barcalona, it was a great game and im glad Ballack came to the rescue for us after a cheap goal Carvalho gave to Rooney and United. Man U is still number 1 in the table and will most likely not drop points in there remaining two games but you never know. I do also think this game is huge for Chelsea's momentium and will win at home on wednesday 2-0 or even 3-0.
Totally agree with you. Not happy atm, Ronaldo should have started but Chelsea were the better team. I just hope that the team selection pays off against Barca and more to the point that we win our remaining Premiership games.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-29-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

COME ON!

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Told you Yatta! Man U were always going to go through

Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Told you Yatta! Man U were always going to go through
I'm so excited right now. Surprisingly I want Liverpool to go through as well, I just think that the rivalry would make the final so special.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I don't think I could watch a Liverpool v Man U final haha, it would be epic!

Old 04-29-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
COME ON!

O WHAT A FANTASTIC STRIKE! :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im so happy I stumbled onto this thread as I am never in the off topic portion but I love English footbal. I have been watching it for about 4 years now and my squad has always been Liverpool cause I hate Chelsea and Arsenal and I always loved Steven Gerrard. Manchester I really never had a doubt they were going to win this one after dropping one at the bridge unecessarily. Fantastic volley from Scholes today.

What are your guys thoughts on tomorrows game? Does Liverpool stand any chance at the bridge? I think Rafa's lineup has been pretty succesful this year in euro competition leaving Torres alone up top but after Riise's deboacle we must apply more pressure up top. I hope he looks to push the pace early and get Torres going but it is going to be really tough to come away from this advancing to Moscow.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:29 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Im so happy I stumbled onto this thread as I am never in the off topic portion but I love English footbal. I have been watching it for about 4 years now and my squad has always been Liverpool cause I hate Chelsea and Arsenal and I always loved Steven Gerrard. Manchester I really never had a doubt they were going to win this one after dropping one at the bridge unecessarily. Fantastic volley from Scholes today.

What are your guys thoughts on tomorrows game? Does Liverpool stand any chance at the bridge? I think Rafa's lineup has been pretty succesful this year in euro competition leaving Torres alone up top but after Riise's deboacle we must apply more pressure up top. I hope he looks to push the pace early and get Torres going but it is going to be really tough to come away from this advancing to Moscow.
Always good to have another Liverpool fan on the board, welcome!

I think we may go 2 up top with Crouch and Torres as in the past Crouch has given Carvalho lots of problems in the air, I personally wouldn't change the 4-5-1 but little hints from Rafa seem to indicate his thinking is to start Crouch. I think more than likely if we get through it will be from a 1-1 draw, and then us winning on penalties, but I have faith, go Liverpool!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TORRES!!! Got to give all the credit to Benayoun there though, this is a gret game now.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ronaldo picked up 3 transvestite prostitutes thinking they were women lol

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=678067
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Looks like we can say that it will be United and Chelsea battling it out for the EPL and Champions League...

Sig by Eaglez.Fan