Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have found a place for Donovan, but it kind of sounds like he doesn't get along with Klinsman anyway. I don't particularly care for Donovan, but it is a bummer to see his USMNT run end.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LanDONE DONEovan.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just return Michael Bradley in one piece, k thanks

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bummed to see the end for Donovan, but if he's struggling with conditioning, finding his role, and is a potential attitude issue then I understand.

Hopefully this is the time for Bradley and Clint to shine and Jozy gets it together.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I has a sad

Donovan is my all-time favorite USMNT player. Always made me so happy when he would drive daggers into Mexico.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't even know if he should start but to give Julian Green, who was ineffective in his only international game and has never played at a high club level a spot over him is pretty ridiculous.
Well, green has played in teh CL whereas Donovan's highest club level was the failure with Leverkusen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Where are you cgf? Why didn't Kruse make the preliminary German squad?
Partially because Jogi sucks at his job and partially because Kruse ran out of steam in the second half of the season and was much quieter than his fantastic first half and last season. His finishing abandoned him as he left a number goals on the pitch that would've kept BMG in the CL places.

Also Jogi's bringing Volland and Klose while our best formation sees us playing with no striker, I still would've brought Kruse a long over someone like Hahn, Draxler or Schurrle, but at least Jogi didn't nominate Gomez and Jansen.

Tony Jantschke is the Gladbach player I really can't fathom why he wasn't brought, he's been excellent defensively since breaking through and in the first half of the season was a lot more aggressive moving forward to show of his excellent technique and passing before injuries forced him to deputize as a CB, which he also excelled at. I think Tony was ready to ride along to the euros and now he's had a real badass breakout year and Jogi still left him, all because his club isn't from the part of germany Jogi is capable of scouting like all of the swabs that Jogi has so much irrational love for.

My biggest concern is all of the creativity getting our best 11 onto the pitch will take, especially with Ilkay out and Sami still coming back from his injury, cause our best 11 is this:

Reus - Ozil - Mueller
Kroos - Khedira/Schweini/Gotze
Lahm
Grosskreutz/Durm - Hummels - Boateng - Lars Bender/Jantschke
Neuer

and while Jogi may have the courage to copy Bayern and play Lahm at the 6, I doubt he also stumbles into playing Mesut as our furthest most player, using GK or Durm over Schmelzer on the left, and playing our best to CBs together instead of always trying to handicap one of them by playing with Mertesacker.

So I'm expecting only one of Kroos and Ozil on the pitch, Merte to start every game, Schmelzer to start every game, he already didn't bring Jantschke for some inexplicable reason, and Klose to be brought out of retirement not just to sit on the bench but to play regularly.

Quote:

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 05-22-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Miroslav Klose. It seriously feels like he has played in every World Cup since I've been alive.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I love Miroslav Klose. It seriously feels like he has played in every World Cup since I've been alive.
Right? The only WC I have many memories of that he wasn't a part of was 98...and Miro was a late bloomer.

Amazing career that polak has put together and I'll always have love for him, but at this point he needs to be glued to the bench. Even if we play with a striker both Kruse and Volland are better options.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading people's reactions to LD getting left out is funny.

It makes me sad because he was my favorite and I still feel he should have gone but 1. I don't think he would have been a big factor 2. Our chances of moving on hvae barely moved if at all.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we wouldve done any damage, but at least give one of the best players in US history another shot of getting a goal in the World Cup!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Right? The only WC I have many memories of that he wasn't a part of was 98...and Miro was a late bloomer.

Amazing career that polak has put together and I'll always have love for him, but at this point he needs to be glued to the bench. Even if we play with a striker both Kruse and Volland are better options.
I'd guess he has just gone for his experience and leadership, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he ends up scoring 3 or 4 goals this WC.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I dont think we wouldve done any damage, but at least give one of the best players in US history another shot of getting a goal in the World Cup!
Pretty much how I see it. Donovan > Davis.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd guess he has just gone for his experience and leadership, but I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he ends up scoring 3 or 4 goals this WC.
Oh I'd have taken Miro on my team to, but he'd be behind Ozil, Reus, Gotze, Volland and Kruse for PT.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Reading people's reactions to LD getting left out is funny.

It makes me sad because he was my favorite and I still feel he should have gone but 1. I don't think he would have been a big factor 2. Our chances of moving on hvae barely moved if at all.
If the USMNT moves on, it will be well ******* earned. That group is brutal. It's brutal for every team in it. I love how every team in the group is a meaningful match-up for the USA.

Germany - Jurgen Klinsmann's home country. Highly meaningful for the coach and his players (for his sake).

Portugal - Basically, with all of their flopping and whining, the antithesis of American sports. One of the great things about watching USMNT is how clean they play the game. Especially compared to most other countries.

Ghana - **** Ghana.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Klose would probably have won a WC by now if he had played for Poland. Just the facts.

I'm personally a bit bummed about no Landon, but these things happen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Yeah **** portugal, flopping ass bitches, you never see that crap in the NFL, NBA and NHL...wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Klose would probably have won a WC by now if he had played for Poland. Just the facts.

Poldi, Miro, Lewy and Kuba would be a nasty front 4.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If the USMNT moves on, it will be well ******* earned. That group is brutal. It's brutal for every team in it. I love how every team in the group is a meaningful match-up for the USA.

Germany - Jurgen Klinsmann's home country. Highly meaningful for the coach and his players (for his sake).

Portugal - Basically, with all of their flopping and whining, the antithesis of American sports. One of the great things about watching USMNT is how clean they play the game. Especially compared to most other countries.

Ghana - **** Ghana.
At least you guys won't get beat 5-0 by Holland and Spain and then 3-0 by Chile.

:(

Old 05-22-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post

Feel the same about Donovan 100%

Not sure if it's the best move or not, but there's no way to avoid situations like these.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, "our" group is brutal for everyone involved, not just "us".
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be hilarious when the us goes 3 and out and Julian green doesn't get cap'd
Old 05-22-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It'll be hilarious when the us goes 3 and out and Julian green doesn't get cap'd
Still bewilders me how US got such a tough group and Mexico who barely made it by the strand of hair on their mustache...gets a punk ***** ass group.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It'll be hilarious when Mexico goes three and out against a relatively easy group and is banned from having sex for two weeks for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mexican soccer federation really is the worst.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not taking Landon is really dumb. Unless Julian Green becomes a world beater and teams legit don't want to play the US in 2018, I don't see how this was the right call. Hoping they prove me wrong, but punting a WC to develop youth is almost always the wrong call.