Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
pretty bubbles in the air.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, soccer thread during WC time = NBA thread during playoffs?
That is what it seems like, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Well it's not like you guys get any high end competition between WCs, so you can't just use the euros and qualifying to blood your kids. Plus not taking a star your team is used to relying on can be incredibly liberating for a team when it's time to move on. And I think that time has come for Landon and the USNT.
This is generally how I feel about it. It's always sweet to see Landon for the US, but realistically he's not in top form, he's struggled with conditioning, and he's lost his pace. It's possible that he could be a decent sub, but if he's a distraction or an attitude problem, then it's really not worth it.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since people are complaining about players missing theirs squad I'll complain too.

I can accept bringing Anthony Vanden Borre instead of Thomas Meunier, I can accept the fact that Radja Nainggolan isn't in the final 23, I have no problem bringing Adnan Januzaj to the WC even though he didn't partcipate in the campaign. Heck I can even understand the choice of Divock Origi in place of Michy Batshuayi, Igor De Camargo or Jelle Vossen.

But I would have liked to see Sebastien Pocognoli making it.
He is the only true LB, he was part of the campaign and he has that fighting mentality that caracterize the team. Jan Vertonghen is the starting LB but the backups are Nicolas Lombaerts and Thomas Vermaelen, both of them are very good players when they play at the CB position but if they play on the left, they are just ... meh.

This selection is gonna break some hearts when we're gonna have to consider some young players (Bakali, Ferreira Carasco, Malanda, Hazard, Praet, Bruno, Tielemans, Batshuayi, Lestienne)
Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Portugal - Basically, with all of their flopping and whining, the antithesis of American sports. One of the great things about watching USMNT is how clean they play the game.
Couldn't resist.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=450&h=253
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Or like you in the NHL thread!
The difference is I don't pretend to know about the NHL. I just gloat/***** about the Rangers depending. I think my longest post in there is 2 sentences. It certainly doesn't contribute much (if anything) to the thread, but I'm assuming people know that they are free to scroll on by.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope my years of useless posting in here give me a pass for the next couple months of continued useless posting.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how I want to follow the Cup this year because of the time zone differences. I'll be at work for the first game everyday so I'm not sure if I should follow and not watch or DVR and watch when I get home. This has been racking my brain for the better part of a month now. What shall I do NFLDC?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What times are the games? 2-5-8 EST?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought 3 and 6 unless I'm mistaken.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought 3 and 6 unless I'm mistaken.
Could be. I was just guessing. So 3-6-9 then? I'll probably miss the first two then. I think the play is take 1/2 days for all USA games and any elimination games and most likely fire up the DVR depending on the match up and then come home and watch in order so nothing gets spoiled.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

US plays at 5 CST on the Monday 16th, 5 CST on Sunday the 22nd, and 11 am CST on Thursday the 26th.

Obviously I'm at least taking a half day on the 16th and a full day on the 26th. I have yet to decide what to do for remaining days. Haven't looked at the schedules to see what games are playing at other times.

Schedules appear to be 12-3-6 EST.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The difference is I don't pretend to know about the NHL. I just gloat/***** about the Rangers depending. I think my longest post in there is 2 sentences. It certainly doesn't contribute much (if anything) to the thread, but I'm assuming people know that they are free to scroll on by.
Oh I know, that's pretty much me with the NBA thread. But, I welcome you to join the NHL thread any time. Half the time it's just Mcgee talking to himself, and the other half is a Red Wings circle jerk.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Oh I know, that's pretty much me with the NBA thread. But, I welcome you to join the NHL thread any time. Half the time it's just Mcgee talking to himself, and the other half is a Red Wings circle jerk.
I've been telling myself that I am going to get into hockey every year now for a while. I enjoy the sport a ton, but just can't get over the casual fan hump. I think it's because the season coincides almost directly with the NBA, which is basically my life.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TV Schedules in CST:

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 05-23-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dammit. That layout sucks. I will basically miss every game.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Dammit. That layout sucks. I will basically miss every game.
You sound like you are coming down with a really nasty cough, might be a bacterial infection.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-23-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll miss the opening game, but besides that I should be able to catch everything else. I took two of my weeks vacation for this.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Someone break my leg so I can take a leave of absence please. I knew the schedule was crap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a perfect setup, we'll see what I can get going during work. Going to be some early dip outs, for sure.

Quote:
Nobody feels ways about stuff :/
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think those times above are when coverage starts. The actual games should start on the hour a half hour after the times listed in the previous post.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 05-23-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champions League Final is tomorrow!! Who ya got???

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think those times above are when coverage starts. The actual games should start on the hour and half hour after the times listed in the previous post.
I think coverage is supposed to start at 12-3-6 EST with kickoff supposed to be 30 minutes after, from everything I can gather online.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think coverage is supposed to start at 12-3-6 EST with kickoff supposed to be 30 minutes after, from everything I can gather online.
This says that first game in 4pm eastern.

http://www.espnfc.com/fixtures/_/lea...ld-cup?cc=5901
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Well, ABC and ESPN are televising them at 12-3-6.

There was a suit to get the games pushed back to no earlier than 4 EST because of the heat, but it was denied.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This says that first game in 4pm eastern.

http://www.espnfc.com/fixtures/_/lea...ld-cup?cc=5901
Just realized, the times I posted were in Central time not Eastern. And Brazil starts at 4 EST, but the rest follow the 12-3-6 format until June 24, then it's 12-4 with 2 games at 12 and 2 games at 4.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver