Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They better hope they bounce right back up considering the losses they will be facing next year.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Zlatan is the best.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

huge pressure on management and players to get up now with that wage bill. i think magath will do it though. look at qpr for an example of how that path could go wrong though. they only barely got promoted, the championship is another animal.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if they don't get promoted, they will almost assuredly wind up pulling a Leeds/Portsmouth.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Debuchy deal is done. £10m fee plus potential bonuses of ~£2.5m. Pretty good return for him....let's get Cabella and a striker through the door though.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Debuchy deal is done. £10m fee plus potential bonuses of ~£2.5m. Pretty good return for him....let's get Cabella and a striker through the door though.
If we can get Cabella and a striker without losing anyone I'd be relatively satisfied and optimistic for next season.

As always, we could finish anywhere between 5th and 20th.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we can get Cabella and a striker without losing anyone I'd be relatively satisfied and optimistic for next season.
Agreed. The striker has to be good though. Bringing back DeJong or something would be awful. We need a Lacazette / Demba Ba / etc......such a shame that Papiss is worthless now, but it is what it is. I youtube the goals mashup from that 1/2 first season all the time and it makes me sad. He was straight up awesome and, I'm sorry, but those goals weren't luck. There is a good player in there.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. The striker has to be good though. Bringing back DeJong or something would be awful. We need a Lacazette / Demba Ba / etc......such a shame that Papiss is worthless now, but it is what it is. I youtube the goals mashup from that 1/2 first season all the time and it makes me sad. He was straight up awesome and, I'm sorry, but those goals weren't luck. There is a good player in there.

It's frustrating because that natural instinct for goals isn't usually something that goes away. He always had issues with composure when he had time to think and it isn't surprising that he hasn't scored goals like the one vs Chelsea, but he can't even score the simple ones anymore.

It has to be a confidence thing, which leaves a little bit of hope that it'll come back eventually. But we've been waiting 4 years for Torres to regain his form.

The money from Debuchy should be more than enough to tie up the Cabella deal and get a good striker in. We should still have most of the Cabaye money as well.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that vid makes me sad, and i'm not even a newcastle fan. part of why i love footy is the range of form players go through. you don't see such a big drop in production from quality players in other sports. players can go from world class to **** in a few months. with that said, it's really sad to see talented players just go through such an unfortunate rut. definitely a confidence problem from what i saw of him last season. were fans happy to keep cisse over ba? i think i remember one of you two being against the ba transfer?

cisse is the one newcastle player i'd love to see do well.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think everyone wanted to keep Ba. He was awesome for us, it was clear he wouldn't be playing much at Chelsea, and we got shafted on the fee because of a buy out clause.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how excited Vitesse gets when Chelsea signs kids like Mario Pasalic, knowing that he's going to probably star for them this season :P

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think everyone wanted to keep Ba. He was awesome for us, it was clear he wouldn't be playing much at Chelsea, and we got shafted on the fee because of a buy out clause.
I'll never say a bad word about Demba after his PSG goal. I went ballistic when that happened.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

@joserra_espn Empieza a moverse el mercado post-mundial. Pueden confirmarse en estos días el pase de Kroos al Madrid, Khedira al Chelsea y Di Maria al PSG

Reliability?

Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i remember he wasn't seeing the pitch much because of cisse's form, and didn't pardew try him out unsuccessfully as a wide forward to accommodate him somehow in the starting eleven with cisse?
Old 07-09-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
@joserra_espn Empieza a moverse el mercado post-mundial. Pueden confirmarse en estos días el pase de Kroos al Madrid, Khedira al Chelsea y Di Maria al PSG

Reliability?
wouldn't surprise me.. but i'm not too sure how kroos would fit with modric. RM needs a dsstroyer in MF.

Last edited by thefalconer : 07-09-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Reliability?
If both Khedira and Di Maria leave, there has to be another guy arriving for the Real Madrid midfield.

Having Alonso, Modric, Di Maria, Khedira, and Illara almost proved not enough, due to injuries and suspensions.

Di Maria leaves only if the club feels confident they can bring in Vidal or Pogba or some other elite talent/promise to replace him.

Khedira I can see leaving though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i remember he wasn't seeing the pitch much because of cisse's form, and didn't pardew try him out unsuccessfully as a wide forward to accommodate him somehow in the starting eleven with cisse?
He was always starting, but the 1 striker formation was working out really well for us, so Demba was playing on the wing. He was playing pretty well too, just not getting the goals to show for it and strikers love getting their goals.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
If both Khedira and Di Maria leave, there has to be another guy arriving for the Real Madrid midfield.

Having Alonso, Modric, Di Maria, Khedira, and Illara almost proved not enough, due to injuries and suspensions.

Di Maria leaves only if the club feels confident they can bring in Vidal or Pogba or some other elite talent/promise to replace him.

Khedira I can see leaving though.
Well they have Casemiro to play deeper (for now), and can always put Isco at the Di Maria spot and play him a bit higher up.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well they have Casemiro to play deeper (for now), and can always put Isco at the Di Maria spot and play him a bit higher up.
Eh, I don't quite trust Casemiro. If Kroos does arrive, that'll be him. As for Isco, I don't think he'll have the workrate Di Maria had. Or rather, I don't think he'll work as well as Di Maria did. His role and effect was pretty unique.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

This is a system that just doesn't work for Isco, and vice versa. Leaves him in really awkward spots.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

For what it's worth, I'm still really, really sad that we didnt get to se Ronaldo-Ozil-Bale line up together behind Benzema in a 4-2-3-1. That would have been so fun to watch.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
For what it's worth, I'm still really, really sad that we didnt get to se Ronaldo-Ozil-Bale line up together behind Benzema in a 4-2-3-1. That would have been so fun to watch.
That would have been insanely talented. Just filthy.

Weak midfield relying solely on Alonso and Modric though, but you'd probably score 3 goals every game.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Imagine if they actually had a world class striker too? Benzema is insanely frustrating. He's a really good player and all, but Real should do better.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Benzema either.

We might unload Illara
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...e-way-to-inter

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

kroos plays a bit more advanced than alonso and isn't a good defender. khedira likes moving up too. modric is good in the center of the pitch like kroos. i don't like the fit, despite the value but it is RM. flo just spending money to spend money. they need a DM to replace xabi. could be a regista type but someone who is at least disciplined to stay back and provide cover. kroos likes his long shots so he's usually around the box.