Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got home from work, how was the first 30 mins?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible - nothing has happened at all. England players look disinterested, what a surprise.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are both teams playing "full strength"? It appears as most of the regulars are playing...these are big 3 games coming up for U.S. hopefully we don't embarass ourselves

damn you John Terry, you can put in a header from 12 yards but not a PK

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah its our full strength team apart from Owen, who pulled out earlier this week but you get the impression that some of the players would rather be on holiday.

And well done John Terry, he needed that.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-28-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Howard really could have had it, but a good goal none the less

it's great having Donovan out, now I don't have to hear the announcers all over his nuts every 5 mins

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

americans play some of the worst soccer.... its really sad

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I don't know what's happened...like 02-05 they were really improving and looking at least comparable to other top teams, now they just look slow and sloppy

and Bradley is still terrible, I don't know why so many people think he deserves to start, idc if he did score the most goals in the Dutch League or whatever, he's terrible when he actually plays anyone good

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
before spain wins any significant , the desert will freeze. every cup they are the sleepers , just to fall on their faces everytime. for my liking , the french are too old , i agree with italy and i doubt that switzerland reach the playoffs.
I agree that the spanish have been big-time chokers in recent years.
But France, on paper, is the best team. Domenech called a lot of young guys for the euroes, they have the perfect combo of youngsteers and veterans.
They're starting lineup will be:

Frey/Coupet
Abidal - Gallas - Thuram - Evra
Toulalan - Makelele - Vieira
Ribery - Malouda
Henry

They're defense is very very good. Gallas is one of the best and Thuram is a leader, Evra is right now one of the top 3 LB in soccer and Abidal is very solid. They're midfield is very good too, Vieira is always one of the best players in this type of competition. He can't play for a full season anymore but he's still great when he has to play only 8 games. Makelelé is not one of my favorites and I think he will be replaced by Diarra (who is 23) down the stretch. Toulalan is only 25 and he's very very good.
Malouda Ribery are both great players, especially Ribery who will play a big role.
Henry had a down year, but he's still Henry, he still knows how to score and he plays always his best football for the national team.

Their bench is clearly the best in the euros. All the goalies are good, the defenders are solid (except Boumsong who, imo, is pretty bad). Then they have Diarra, Nasri, Gomis, Benzema, Nasri and Govou. They have a lot of great young guys, especially Benzema and Nasri, who allows Doemench to plays different styles of football. They can play with the 4-5-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3.
I hate the french as much as the next guy, but they're great. We were able to beat them in the World Cup but they were the better team. We faced them 3 times under Domenech and they out-played us every single time. They're a great possesion team, they don't allow many shots on goal and they can score.
I'd hate to see them win the euros once again but I have to admit they're the favorites. Way more than Italy. We are old, very very old, and our coach is a joke. We will need a lot of luck to win it.

And about Portugal: yes they have the best player in the world and some other good talented players too but they don't have a striker: Gomes, Postiga and Almeida are JAGs. They need Ronaldo to score at least 8 goals if they wanna have a chance to win.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Last edited by Modano : 05-29-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea Portugal has to be a favorite right now. When you have the best player in the world on your squad, you are dangerous.

Greece won it 4 years ago, so I'm thinking about taking a sleeper team. But since I'm 50% Italian, I'll go with the Azurri.
Really? Is one of your parents italian?
By the way I hated when Greece won, they were really ugly to see.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my sleeper team is sweden. johan elmander ftw!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you can cancel germany from your favorite or sleeper list guys.

the coach made a bad nomination in my opinion , our GK struggles big time , our strikers have mental blocks and we have no legit guy for the outside-midfield positions ....

i wouldn´t be surprised at all , if we don´t reach the playoffs
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Euro is just around the corner and already the Azzurri have to cope without Cannavaro. I'm getting hyped. Viva Portugal. :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Russia finally plays well in the internation tournament. It has been awhile since they've had a contending side.

To make things worse, the teams's most talented striker, Arshavin, will miss the first 2 games.

Overall, I think there is some good talent on this team.

Majority of the roster, however, are young, inexperienced and inconsistant players.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I believe you guys have the youngest starting goalkeeper in the tourney, Akinfeev.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any transfer rumours?

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla View Post
Any transfer rumours?
Well, David Villa is expected to transfer to either Real Madrid, Chelsea or Tottenham with Arsenal as outside contenders atm.

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=722275
Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla View Post
Any transfer rumours?
Obviously the whole Chelsea team is now expected to move to Inter Milan while Cristiano Ronaldo may or may not be going to Real Madrid, depending on which paper you read. They seem to just make up rumours atm

Yesterday Man United, Arsenal and Everton all had bids for 17year old Cardiff midfielder Aaron Ramsey accepted but that probably interests me more than anyone else here.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read a whole number of transfer reports, but basically I'm gonna list the Liverpool "targets" (believe what you will) I have seen so far.

In:
Phillip Degen (signed)
Andrea Dossena (close)
Gareth Barry (heavy speculation)
Maxi Rodriguez (sporadic)
Ricardo Quaresma (sporadic)
David Bentley (moderate)
Antonio Valencia (unlikely now)
Albert Riera (bid rejected)

We have also been liked with a young left back from Spain, but unfortunately his name escapes me at this time.

Out:
Harry Kewell (released)
Xabi Alonso (close to joining Juventus, anywhere between £14m and £18m)
John Arne Riise (Likely to Newcastle or Villa)
Peter Crouch (See above)
Jermaine Pennant (See above again)
Scott Carson (Possibly on loan again, or to Villa, depends if Liverpool lower valuation)
Peter Crouch (Likely, Portsmouth, Villa, Newcastle)
Steve Finnan (No suitors at present, but Rafa is shopping him around)
Sami Hyypia (Possibly to Fulham)

But we shall see how much actually happens anyway, this time of year is full of misinformation.

You folks will probably appreciate this, obviously English based mind you.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_centre

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so in two days the whole hype starts....

i hope there will be the same celebration like WC in Germany.

first game on sunday evening against poland 20.30 MET

we have a lot of "ifs" right now.

can metzelder shape up ?
is lehmann a weak point ?
who plays on the outside ? borowski ? hitzlsberger ? both ? and schweinsteiger is the odd man out ?
who will be the striker besides klose ? podolski who was a good alloy with klose . or gomez , who had a good regular season ?

we´ll see.... bought my jersey today for 54€ , thats more than two years ago.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Sweden!!! Elmander is hurt so that definitely doesnt improve their chances. They've got a tough group too. Russia, Spain, and Greece
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALright guys....for those who watch the Copa LIbertadores.....who's it gonna be.....LDU Quito from Ecuador or Fluminense from Brazil

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real valiant effort by the American squad against the #1 ranked team in the world.

That red card against Maestroeni was bull.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

sorry that it has been a while since i last visited this site and my favorite thread,

my Chelsea are supposed to make some interesting moves but nothing to exicting has happened yet, we dont really need to change much we are the second best team in the world right now so hopefully we can do just enough without throwing everything away we have right now for overrated Brazilian players.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always wondered why Adriano disappeared. He was by far my favourite player.... DAMN U ALCOHOLISM

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
my Chelsea are supposed to make some interesting moves but nothing to exicting has happened yet, we dont really need to change much we are the second best team in the world right now so hopefully we can do just enough without throwing everything away we have right now for overrated Brazilian players.
i'm sorry lol

Chelsea make 'astronomical' bid for Kaka
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote