Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhhh I've missed this thread. So Man City are gonna sign everyone in the world within the next 5 hours.

We just better get Berbatov - we need another striker badly.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God knows what is going on at City, Graham Hunter from Sky says no way Villa goes to there. I dunno.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha Robinho has just gone to City. Manchester City. It can't have been that bad at Real!

I just hope we got the Berbatov deal through in time...

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berbatov is an amazing player, but I'm glad he is gone from White Hart Lane now. He was just a disturbance. I wish things had of gone down differently though and the whole situation could have been resolved months ago.

Also I'm very excited about the Vedran Corluka signing.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berba is good, but UTD wayyyy overpayed imo. berba is great technically, but is not all that prolific as a goal scorer and is quite lazy imo.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Berba is good, but UTD wayyyy overpayed imo. berba is great technically, but is not all that prolific as a goal scorer and is quite lazy imo.
He is a typical 'ME' player. I just hope for their sake they can keep his ego in check. As far as I'm concerned, he has an amazing first touch which is definitely one of his strong points. One of the best strikers in the world, but a huge pain in the ass when he doesn't get what he wants.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

I agree with both of the points about overpaying and his ego but quite simply we needed another quality striker badly. The other options availible such as Villa or Benzema would have still been in the price range and to be honest we got off lightly after City's ridiculous bid.

On the ego point, Ferguson can control any player - and I believe a certain Cristiano Ronaldo may have a 'slighty' bigger ego than Dimi.

I'm just excited we got him at last - our attacking options are scary.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I agree with both of the points about overpaying and his ego but quite simply we needed another quality striker badly. The other options availible such as Villa or Benzema would have still been in the price range and to be honest we got off lightly after City's ridiculous bid.

On the ego point, Ferguson can control any player - and I believe a certain Cristiano Ronaldo may have a 'slighty' bigger ego than Dimi.

There is no denying his talent. Talent-wise, he definitely fits in at Man U. Hopefully for you guys he achieves a starting position straight away. I would hate to have him being a pain whilst riding the bench.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And since you didnt have an outright striker to speak of since the sale of van nistelrooij it was quite important for team balance. Another season with no injuries to major players isn't gonna happen.
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

As long as Man City starts Tal Ben Haim, they will never win anything.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
As long as Man City starts Tal Ben Haim, they will never win anything.
Isn't he the primary back-up behind Dunne and Richards though?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:06 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Isn't he the primary back-up behind Dunne and Richards though?
Correct, although there might be a reshuffle now that Corluka has gone. They could see Richards moving to right-back with either Ben-Haim or Kompany slotting in at centre back. Either that or the new signing Zabaleta starts at right back but I don't know much about him.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Correct, although there might be a reshuffle now that Corluka has gone. They could see Richards moving to right-back with either Ben-Haim or Kompany slotting in at centre back. Either that or the new signing Zabaleta starts at right back but I don't know much about him.
Might as well throw in that U/21 Right Back they have as well. I think his name is Nedum Onuoha or something like that. Or if worse comes to worse they could just buy someone in the transfer window.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes i dont understand **** about the buying of mancity. They have a defence now with zabaleta, kompany, dunne, richards and ben haim, all fine players however none of them are a left back if i am not mistaking. Zabaleta is probably the best of the bunch allthough dunne richards and kompany are not far behind him however stil no left back in there. It would be a shame to bench any of them imho.
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kompany has been playing in midfield, and left back is normally Javier Garrido or Ball I believe.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Kompany has been playing in midfield, and left back is normally Javier Garrido or Ball I believe.
You are correct sir. Ball is the LB.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

woooo Theo Walcott!

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wooooo Liverpool! Take that united :D

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-14-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
wooooo Liverpool! Take that united :D
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no gerrard or torres babel is legit as a sub

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no gerrard or torres babel is legit as a sub
great for the reds...I am happy for them. Both their goals were of the lowest quality tho. Obviously VDS's blunder, then the is Drilled into the ground and takes an awesome hop.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guus Hiddink has stated that he plans to call up 18-year-old CSKA midfielder Alan Dzagoev into the Russian National Team.

Dzagoev has 6 goals and 7 assists in 12 games (in the first game he only played 1 minute) so far this season.

I'm sure that this kid is already on the radars of many top clubs. He's VERY talented and seems to be getting better with each game. There are still some things he needs to work on, but there is no doubting his GREAT potential.

Last edited by MaxV : 09-23-2008 at 06:46 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

It's officialllll Torres is back!!!!!!! :D woooo

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Gerrardddddddddd!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Tottenham frustrate me...

Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I am proud to say that i predicted Tottenham to suck this year, now i didnt believe they would blow this hard but it was an easy call to make when they didnt do anything to better their defense. All these offense creative playmakers are great but when you loose two top goal scorers like Dimitar and keane-o your screwed. I dont care if Darren Bent scored 38,000 goals in preseason friendys because that doesnt mean anything.

also I am surprised that Chelsea is still at top despite having so many injuries which of course is nothing new at stamford bridge, and even though Anelka is terrible he still manages to somehow score even if he misses boat loads of easy goals.

as for everyone else.

2. Liverpool- well they are still in the hunt for now but look for them to fade out of the title race and focus on the champions league.

3. Hull- really is Hull at #3 right now, well enjoy it while it lasts, without two super goals from Geovanni they would easily be close to the relegation zone. Yes the won at the Emerites, all credit to them only the second team to do so ever. But there other wins came against the worst team in the league (Spurs) , Newcastle who was in chaos when they played and at home to Fulham who also suck. Besides that they have drawn against mid table teams and got thrashed 5-0 by Amr Zaki and Wigan.

4. Arsenal- yeah they wont win the league or the CL, trophy less for the last 3 years and unless they win the carling or FA it will be 4.

5. Aston Villa- could finish top 4 if Arsenal or Liverpool fade because Man U and Chelsea will be 1,2 at the end.

6. West Ham- 6th now and will be 10th soon

7. Portsmouth- crouch and defoe are lighting it up, look for them to do work in the Uefa cup and finish 6th this season.

8. Man U- only 6 points back, they will get it rolling with Ronaldo back, and when your attacking options are Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez you will score and their defense is #1/#2 in the EPL. They will get back to the top soon, which personally i dont want to see but it will happen.

9. West Brom- it looks like they can stay up but they will fall in the fight sooner or later.

10. Blackburn- yeah they are going to stay here at 10 like West Ham did all last year.

11. Man City- yeah they got robinho, jo, swp and are playing attractive football, the results arent there, their defense sucks and they will have to and they are going to buy big in January so look for them to compete for #5 and #6 no chance at UEFACL qualifying.

12. Middlesboro, Alves isnt scoring neither is tuncay, injuries have hurt them, they will finish 11 or 12.

13. Wigan- two words AMR ZAKI, this guy is scoring goals which should keep wigan up.

14. Sunderland.- great start and now they suck and will fight to survive this year. I predict a sophmore slump for Roy Keane.

15. Everton. They will get it together and fight for Europe

16. Bolton - does anyone really care anymore?

17. Fulham- finally going down this year, they suck.

18. newcastle- at this point im tired of writing this and dont even want to start with newcastle, i would love it if they went down but they wont so who cares.

19. Stoke - look for them to compete for promotion next year

20. Tottenham (see the top)

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote