Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-16-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I agree with a lot of APS's points about Glee, I made a short note of it in a previous post. Especially about the characters. I just don't find myself liking or really caring at all about them.

I wouldnt go as far as to call the show a walking cliche, but it certainly doesnt feel like anything new to me. High school comedy/drama. But there are scenes with music! Not just your typical background music during a scene either, the actual actors are lip syncing and everything!
Yeah, I can understand some people not liking it, and I have no problem with that. I just don't like when APS feels the need to blast people and shows/movies in general that people like.

Also I agree with the lip syncing stuff too. I hate that. It really takes away from making the singing sound 'real'. It feels like it's background music as opposed to them actually singing it in the scene.

I'm not saying it isn't cliche in a lot of ways, but I personally believe pretty much all shows are cliche and it's just a matter of the 'delivery' of the show (so to speak) which makes a difference. Which I think it does in a very unique and fun way.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
High School Musical. You literally just described it. Come on man. The title is actually High School Musical, which is the situation you just said Glee was unique in producing.

And comedy in a high school setting? Like thats never been done? Yes, you are right, other shows are cliched as well. They are blatant rip offs of other things though, which is all I see in Glee. Again, I will give it the second episode, since its already downloaded. But I see none of the things you see in it.
I'm sorry, but wow.

These comparisons are weak. Come on. You can do better than that.

If you don't like it, you don't like it, don't watch it, but try to scratch the surface a little more before you pass judgement on something in the future.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-16-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: wording
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the actual actors are lip syncing and everything!
Have seen ads for it, but will save my time. Nothing worse than shows that people sing in, goes for movies too.

The ads did not appeal to me at all though, the characters all just look annoying and they sound even worse, will not waste any download quota on that show, there aren't really any new shows that have really drawn my interest, Flash Forward looks like it is going to be a very poorly executed version of a promising concept from the previews.

Honestly, every preview so far has turned me off he shows, if you can't find 30 seconds of footage to use in a preview that makes me want to watch it, how are you going to put together even a 20m show, nevermind a 40m show...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another great episode of "Sons of Anarchy" yesterday. Katey Sagal is stealing the show so far this season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are lip syncing, but it's their voices that they are lip syncing to.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They are lip syncing, but it's their voices that they are lip syncing to.
Yeah. They're actually singing. You can tell that they're lip syncing in the episodes, but it's to themselves.

A few of them can really sing too.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"A long time ago, we used to be friends
But I haven't thought of you lately at all
If ever again, a greeting I send to you,
Short and sweet to the soul is all I intend."

Good stuff.

Last edited by Splat : 09-16-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
"A long time ago, we used to be friends
But I haven't thought of you lately at all
If ever again, a greeting I send to you,
Short and sweet to the soul is all I intend."
V Mars is basically the only TV show I've desperately missed after it was gone. Siiigh
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
V Mars is basically the only TV show I've desperately missed after it was gone. Siiigh
I miss Firefly terribly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone's career went to crap sans for Kristen Bell following Veronica Mars. It's very upsetting.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure I will get blasted for this but I miss Buffy The Vampire Slayer very underrated show.

People that judge the show over the crap move really missed out they are nothing a like what so ever other then the name.

Great cast great writing special effects were kinda chessey the first few seasons but got better.

Veronica Mars makes me think of Buffy with her one liners and come backs I don't care what any one thinks one of the best shows of its time.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I miss Firefly terribly.
I miss Firefly, John Doe and Babylon 5.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone's career went to crap sans for Kristen Bell following Veronica Mars. It's very upsetting.
I remember the actor who played Duncan left the show to go to law school. Bizarre. Surprised that Logan didn't latch onto anything besides a few episodes of a crappy Angel rip-off.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I remember the actor who played Duncan left the show to go to law school. Bizarre. Surprised that Logan didn't latch onto anything besides a few episodes of a crappy Angel rip-off.
Dunn was in Jumper and some other garbage. The guy who plays Wallace was in a few commercials and Francis Capra has been playing bit parts on TV shows and ****.

Also, Ray Wise + Dollhouse= best show on television.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars) who is great on VM by the way has done alot of stuff.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just finished watching the last episode of Veronica Mars and I really like this show. It sucks I didn't watch it when it first came out but I'm glad I got to watch them pretty much back to back without having to wait each week.

It's hard to get invested in a show these days. They're canceled fast. I really liked a short lived show on ABC called Traveler. I think it was canceled after a few episodes, I don't really remember.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dunn was in Jumper and some other garbage. The guy who plays Wallace was in a few commercials and Francis Capra has been playing bit parts on TV shows and ****.

wouldve thought Dunn could easily find a new place in a tv show. He was really versatile in VM.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dollhouse is going to be great this season. I also saw that Summer Glau has joined the cast, will be nice to see her working with Whedon again. Joss also has a huge man crush on BSG & a lot of cast members are going to be making guest appearances this season. That has me excited too!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else watching Ultimate Fighter tonight?

I know some people are tired of him, but I'm pulling for Kimbo to at least make it to the final fight. Dana White and the UFC treat Kimbo like he is nothing (and maybe rightfully so) but I would like to see Kimbo make them eat their own words.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Dollhouse is going to be great this season. I also saw that Summer Glau has joined the cast.
Does that mean Terminator the sarah connor chronicles is dead? :(
Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Anyone else watching Ultimate Fighter tonight?

I know some people are tired of him, but I'm pulling for Kimbo to at least make it to the final fight. Dana White and the UFC treat Kimbo like he is nothing (and maybe rightfully so) but I would like to see Kimbo make them eat their own words.
Kimbo is going to be the last guy to fight.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Does that mean Terminator the sarah connor chronicles is dead? :(
Yeah it got canned.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Son of a *****! I really thought the show was going to suck then I got bored and gave it a try it was better then I thought it was going to be.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time does the Ultimate Fighter come on tonight in central time?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I can understand some people not liking it, and I have no problem with that. I just don't like when APS feels the need to blast people and shows/movies in general that people like.

Also I agree with the lip syncing stuff too. I hate that. It really takes away from making the singing sound 'real'. It feels like it's background music as opposed to them actually singing it in the scene.

I'm not saying it isn't cliche in a lot of ways, but I personally believe pretty much all shows are cliche and it's just a matter of the 'delivery' of the show (so to speak) which makes a difference. Which I think it does in a very unique and fun way.
I like Glee Forenci! I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote