Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tue best day of the week. Supernatural Season 9 starts up. Should be a fun season. See what happens with all the Angles who have fallen and what not.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypnotoad in the simpsons open tonight. All hail Hypnotoad.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait

Quote:
NEW YORK, October 7, 2013 - The world faces death, destruction, chaos and Eric Cartman in all-new episode of "South Park" titled "World War Zimmerman," premiering Wednesday, October 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Cartman is deeply disturbed by a single person who he sees as a threat to all humanity. He races around the country to put an end to Patient Zero, the ticking time bomb that is Token.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People still watch South Park?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
People still talk to Forenci?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a big South Park fan so meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I can't not watch. My love for Matt and Trey goes beyond my affection for any other artists ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
People still talk to Forenci?
You shut your dirty ***** mouth! Forenci is the bees knees
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
You shut your dirty ***** mouth! Forenci is the bees knees
How dare you talk to Brodeur that way! I'll cut you!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
How dare you talk to Brodeur that way! I'll cut you!
Come on Viddy, we all know Brodie doesn't have any friends who'd cut a ***** for him.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

come on guys, you're being a little harsh on the Operative. Fascinating character if you ask me. I think he's fair game to dive into given how in-depth Joss tends to go.

1. he is a representative of the parliament aka the evil empire and you can trace their arcs within the movie with the same line. Check it out: punitive and controlling but with borderline delusional diplomacy to spare? (general tone, not carrying a weapon meeting Mal, 'only in the movies' intuition ("That is a trap."). Out of place in such a chaotic world, most notably represented by carrying a freaking sword around.

Check out the commentary, Joss mentions the physical sword wasn't a part of the character until after he had written the 'fall on your sword' line. It's a character taking the rules and regulations to an insane extreme. Stark contrast to Mal's 'aim to misbehave' mantra.

This Parliament/Operative comparison is pretty fun once the guy starts coming apart at the seams too, since it's a slow boil. Terrific acting job and coincides with the fact that the movie's macguffin is the unraveling of the government's tidy cover-up. Once the whole conspiracy is exposed, we start getting fed lines like "There is nothing left to see" from the Operative.

2. He's fun to watch. The guy is visceral. This is cinema! Really great physical acting, his movements, his fighting style, his tactics (burning the other hideaways, the subliminal ad implant) have a sharpness to them that's consistent to the character the whole way through. It's fun to watch. Slow burns like his initial, dialogue-free introduction to Inara and his philosophical, soft-spoken dialogue are paid off in spades by the time he's screaming "Fire!" and shooting Mal in the back. a bad guy with an arc! Good stuff.

3. Mythology tie-ins! A hallmark of the series. Don't get me started on his connection to Book's past, I think it's laid out pretty clear. He's generally painted as the mirror image to Mal which is always neat. Mal begins the movie "almost gone out here." The Operative flat out admits not having a place in the universe he's striving to create. I'm compelled.

I don't think this is a perfect movie, in fact I think there's a lot that's clunky and can drag, but obviously I love it. I think the movie definitely needed a villain who could stand next to Fillion and be a credible screen-time threat and they pretty much nailed that. Honestly my biggest beef with the character is that he looks a little chunky to be a master assassin.

I'd cut a ***** for brodeur no questions asked, that's dinner man.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone watch Boardwalk? i nearly lost my **** and cried last night
Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
come on guys, you're being a little harsh on the Operative. Fascinating character if you ask me. I think he's fair game to dive into given how in-depth Joss tends to go.

1. he is a representative of the parliament aka the evil empire and you can trace their arcs within the movie with the same line. Check it out: punitive and controlling but with borderline delusional diplomacy to spare? (general tone, not carrying a weapon meeting Mal, 'only in the movies' intuition ("That is a trap."). Out of place in such a chaotic world, most notably represented by carrying a freaking sword around.

Check out the commentary, Joss mentions the physical sword wasn't a part of the character until after he had written the 'fall on your sword' line. It's a character taking the rules and regulations to an insane extreme. Stark contrast to Mal's 'aim to misbehave' mantra.

This Parliament/Operative comparison is pretty fun once the guy starts coming apart at the seams too, since it's a slow boil. Terrific acting job and coincides with the fact that the movie's macguffin is the unraveling of the government's tidy cover-up. Once the whole conspiracy is exposed, we start getting fed lines like "There is nothing left to see" from the Operative.

2. He's fun to watch. The guy is visceral. This is cinema! Really great physical acting, his movements, his fighting style, his tactics (burning the other hideaways, the subliminal ad implant) have a sharpness to them that's consistent to the character the whole way through. It's fun to watch. Slow burns like his initial, dialogue-free introduction to Inara and his philosophical, soft-spoken dialogue are paid off in spades by the time he's screaming "Fire!" and shooting Mal in the back. a bad guy with an arc! Good stuff.

3. Mythology tie-ins! A hallmark of the series. Don't get me started on his connection to Book's past, I think it's laid out pretty clear. He's generally painted as the mirror image to Mal which is always neat. Mal begins the movie "almost gone out here." The Operative flat out admits not having a place in the universe he's striving to create. I'm compelled.

I don't think this is a perfect movie, in fact I think there's a lot that's clunky and can drag, but obviously I love it. I think the movie definitely needed a villain who could stand next to Fillion and be a credible screen-time threat and they pretty much nailed that. Honestly my biggest beef with the character is that he looks a little chunky to be a master assassin.

I'd cut a ***** for brodeur no questions asked, that's dinner man.
This man gets it, he was a far more interesting villain than people give him credit for. And I don't expect people to cut for me, it is my job to put my life on the line for others.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone watch Hannibal earlier this year? I was shocked at how good that show was. I had very low expectations, but it blew me away with how faithful they were to the Thomas Harris novels and I thought Mads Mikkelsen was fantastic as Hannibal Lecter. I am definitely a "Fannibal" (what the online community calls themselves). I cannot wait for season 2. Hopefully the positive critical buzz and online fandom can get the show better ratings.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Meh, a lot of movies having terrible villains doesn't excuse the operative's blandness. I guess saying he sucks may have been harsh, because the actor does do a great job because he's an awesome actor, but that character just felt like such a cliche boring evil empire henchmen until the end when the empire he fought for is exposed. I just think it could've been much more interesting had Whedon really gotten to dive into the guys in suits with their latex gloves.

But I'm making my way through the show again and will be watching serenity again in the next few weeks since it's been a while so who knows, my opinion may change, but he's always been disappointing to me as a character because I so much love real villains.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Did anyone watch Hannibal earlier this year? I was shocked at how good that show was. I had very low expectations, but it blew me away with how faithful they were to the Thomas Harris novels and I thought Mads Mikkelsen was fantastic as Hannibal Lecter. I am definitely a "Fannibal" (what the online community calls themselves). I cannot wait for season 2. Hopefully the positive critical buzz and online fandom can get the show better ratings.
I do love Hannibal, and Mads is killer in everything he's in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I didn't like Hannibal at all.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad has ruined television for me, I just cant get into anything. I think I'm just going to take a break from dramas until GOT comes back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what have you watched

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing, I'm a depressed fan girl that refuses to watch anything until BB is forced to do another season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Does anyone watch Boardwalk? i nearly lost my **** and cried last night
I couldn't believe it. From no where. Pretty sad about it still.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't like Hannibal at all.
But you like The Following, which is Dexter tier levels of stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-08-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Breaking Bad has ruined television for me, I just cant get into anything. I think I'm just going to take a break from dramas until GOT comes back on.
Perhaps Breaking Bad's most lasting effect on my appreciation (or lack thereof) for other TV shows is how I'll view plot holes. Breaking Bad was basically allergic to them and other shows leave loose ends everywhere.

Ugh.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

B99, New Girl, and SHIELD tonight. Awesome.