Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
i read that entire post as Craig. good job sir
I didn't intend that but it works.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agents of SHIELD season (not series!) finale tonight. Hyped.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow how did I miss the Hannibal bashing in this thread? Get it together and appreciate truly exquisite television, people.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
wow how did I miss the Hannibal bashing in this thread? Get it together and appreciate truly exquisite television, people.
I'm not bashing Hannibal, I've said numerous time that it's a show that oscillates between above average and very good. Can't ignore the many flaws of the show either, though. Mainly in the writing and how there's shortcuts, assumption, omissions and general ridiculousness everywhere.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fury & Coulson: Gold
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I'm not bashing Hannibal, I've said numerous time that it's a show that oscillates between above average and very good. Can't ignore the many flaws of the show either, though. Mainly in the writing and how there's shortcuts, assumption, omissions and general ridiculousness everywhere.
Reading this, I feel like I wouldnt be able to enjoy this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:16 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community, Revolution, Believe and Archer were the only shows I've been watching this year. At least I still have Archer.

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2014 at 06:20 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I don't think there's nearly as much of the complaints as you think. It's fairly tightly plotted and everything makes logical sense for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Community, Revolution, Believe and Archer were the only shows I've been watching this year. At least I still have Archer.
Someone watched Believe?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:52 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least two people. My girlfriend liked Believe. I could take it or leave it.

As for Community, I wasn't optimistic about a renewal. I basically figured they were giving us an ending when Abed broke the fourth wall and told us that they'd be back unless an asteroid destroyed human civilization. I'd still like to see somebody else give us a sixth season (and a movie?). If all else fails then maybe Sony will just make a 10 episode season and throw it on Crackle to try to get more people to sign up. Crackle has some original content, but I'm not sure if Sony would be willing to make that type of investment in their streaming service that nobody uses.

I also kind of expected Revolution to get cancelled, I've just been hoping that it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2014 at 07:06 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I also kind of expected Revolution to get cancelled, I've just been hoping that it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
I figured it would too. At this point, I'm just hoping Aaron finds a way to destroy the nano.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted to like Believe, but it was just incredibly meh. It was going nowhere really fast, so not surprised it was cancelled.

Revolution started off with a lot of promise, but the last 2 seasons have been a giant cluster. It's gotten to the point where they were trying wayyyyyy too hard.

So, I decided in my boredom to give 24 a chance. I had said all along that it looked incredibly stupid, but maybe it was at least action packed. I'm 6 episodes in, and it has to get better right? Now that I'm actually watching it, the whole 1 hour real time each episode is pretty hilarious.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not care for this 24 bashing lately.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24 is a mediocre show, it always has been. Sorry that the truth hurts you Corey.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

*looks at Psych thread that is 500 billion pages*

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
*looks at Psych thread that is 500 billion pages*
Psych is a much better show and it isn't close.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy the idea behind the story (at least in this first season), but the 1 hour "real time" plot just doesn't work and isn't believable at all. It actually seems to make the plot drag in most cases thus far.

I'll at least watch the first season unless it gets really bad. But I think it would be a much better show if it didn't try to make you believe that every episode was really 1 hour, even if that is their "thing".

Also, the CTU office scenes are like watching CSI office scenes with terrible acting.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Psych is a much better show and it isn't close.
If you say so. I'll take the Ryan Chappelle episode in season 3 over anything Psych ever produced.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psych is a mediocre show at best.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Gonzo knows what's up...even if he won't hang out with me in Skype anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
If you say so. I'll take the Ryan Chappelle episode in season 3 over anything Psych ever produced.
You'd take an episode of a show you like over an episode of a show you don't like? Well damn, I'm shocked Corey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Psych is a mediocre show at best.
Quote:
Gonzo knows what's up...even if he won't hang out with me in Skype anymore.
You're agreeing with Gonzo and this doesn't seem like a problem to you? Welp, enjoy that.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I enjoy the idea behind the story (at least in this first season), but the 1 hour "real time" plot just doesn't work and isn't believable at all. It actually seems to make the plot drag in most cases thus far.

I'll at least watch the first season unless it gets really bad. But I think it would be a much better show if it didn't try to make you believe that every episode was really 1 hour, even if that is their "thing".

Also, the CTU office scenes are like watching CSI office scenes with terrible acting.
The thing is, when 24 came out, it was pretty revolutionary in a lot of ways. The real time aspect of it, the side-by-side windows, the clock. It was all very new and the show came out just after 9/11 so that played a huge role in why it was so popular as well. Watching Season 1 now, a lot of that stuff isn't really "new" as you've either seen or heard about it.

Psych and 24 are both awesome for very different reasons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
That's a great episode. The Edgar episode in Season 5 is up there for me too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone bashing Psych can suck the longest D.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You'd take an episode of a show you like over an episode of a show you don't like? Well damn, I'm shocked Corey.
I DO like Psych, I'm just saying it's not a masterpiece or as good as 24 at its best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I DO like Psych, I'm just saying it's not a masterpiece or as good as 24 at its best.
You very clearly don't like Psych. For the last 6 months you've done nothing but bash it here or via instant message with me. The only time you're talking about Psych is when you're talking ****. Someone who likes a show generally doesn't do that.