Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see NetFlix will be doing at least one more season of Arrested Development. Hopefully in a more coherent way this time through.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

start "franklin and bash" or "the peep show"?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been waiting forever for Franklin and Bash to return.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watched broadchurch? Fox is having an american version of it called gracepoint. I'll almost certainly not like it but at least they're keeping the same lead with david pennant. And anna gunn will be the female lead.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
start "franklin and bash" or "the peep show"?
Old 08-09-2014, 08:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
something about the show puts me off but i love brit humor and david mitchell. i'm just randomly watching some episodes out of order.

peter capaldi will make me finally get into doctor who. he is the best.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Oliver > Everything Else.

Man has he been killing it on HBO. Must watch stuff.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Oliver is must watch TV.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
something about the show puts me off but i love brit humor and david mitchell. i'm just randomly watching some episodes out of order.

peter capaldi will make me finally get into doctor who. he is the best.
I'm a huge fan of Peep Show, but it is very British, has a lot of British cultural references, and has that awkward/cringe sense of humor. All of which are reasons why it might not be for everyone.

There are some loose storylines (season to season and across the series), as well as some building humor as you get to know the characters/their past/tendencies. It isn't necessary to watch it in order, but it's always better IMO.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone besides me watches it but season 4 of Haven is on Netflix.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

I currently have episodes 203-207 of Under the Dome saved to watch, is it worth it?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished Lost. Seasons 3 and 4 were probably my favorites. The first season didn't really captivate me and even after Season 2 I wasn't wholly invested but once the conflict with the Others went into full steam, I started to get more and more invested. I'm satisfied as a whole. Maybe I'm looking at things differently but...what was the uproar about the Light Cave all about?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Maybe I'm looking at things differently but...what was the uproar about the Light Cave all about?
You're looking at it differently, yes. Picture yourself having five years of speculation and waiting under your belt, and then being given that crap as an explanation for the smoke monster and everything.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never watched LOST simply because I wanted to know the mystery of the island. That's what my long-standing defense of the show always hinged upon. If the mystery was everything to you, then I understand some of the criticism. But the show was also one of the best-ever shows at creating a huge cast of interesting people and fleshing them out. I also preferred that some things went unanswered so as not to invalidate all of the theories people built up in their heads. That was 50 percent of the fun of watching — the show invited a previously unprecedented level of speculation in the days between episodes and the months between seasons. Lindelof and Cuse chose to put a nice bow on the show? I can deal with that.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I never watched LOST simply because I wanted to know the mystery of the island. That's what my long-standing defense of the show always hinged upon. If the mystery was everything to you, then I understand some of the criticism. But the show was also one of the best-ever shows at creating a huge cast of interesting people and fleshing them out. I also preferred that some things went unanswered so as not to invalidate all of the theories people built up in their heads. That was 50 percent of the fun of watching — the show invited a previously unprecedented level of speculation in the days between episodes and the months between seasons. Lindelof and Cuse chose to put a nice bow on the show? I can deal with that.
I agree that half the fun of the show was speculating on what was going on. But people wanted answers on what was really going on.

As for the characters, they did do a good job at fleshing out a wide variety of characters. Some you loved (Locke, Hurley), some you loved to hate (Ben).

But they whiffed on making you love, or even like, a lot of the main characters. So much so that many gave up on the characters, and kept watching for the mythos.

Some were hated because they were annoying, like Michael (WAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!) and Claire (My baby!!!). Some because they were stupid (Jack). Some because they were annoying and stupid (Kate). Best example of Jack was the end of season 4.

Hurley: He moved the island!
Jack: No he didn't.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lost could have been an all time great show but it fell far below it's early promise. Srsly, the show is kinda trash.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your face is kinda trash. I still love Lost, and it has some incredible episodes of TV (The Constant, Ab Aeterno, most of season 4, Pilot), but the direction the last two seasons took was not the most inspiring thing ever. The flash sideways in the last season were pretty goddamn pointless in the grand scheme of things, and took a show revolving around Science vs Faith entirely to the Faith camp.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Lost... The Leftovers is starting to get some direction. Characters are starting to get fleshed out, and it seems like they might start moving forward with the story. If you haven't been watching week to week, I'd still wait, but it does have potential. Being based on a book that I haven't read, it's bound to move in some direction at some point.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Lost could have been an all time great show but it fell far below it's early promise. Srsly, the show is kinda trash.
Trash? Seriously?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Trash? Seriously?
Yes. The show is trash. The first season is ok, and some of season four. The light cave garbage is just stupid and anyone who defends it are blind to the problems of the show.

God damnit, where is Justin to back me up here?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yes. The show is trash. The first season is ok, and some of season four. The light cave garbage is just stupid and anyone who defends it are blind to the problems of the show.

God damnit, where is Justin to back me up here?
Why would the whole thing be invalidated by one portion of the finale though?

What word do you use to describe worse shows? Trash is how most people describe CBS procedurals.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all suffered through the HIMYM finale, okay.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:36 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Lost. I probably won't ever watch it again, but it was a good show. They mucked up the last two seasons pretty bad. I don't think their ideas were awful, but the execution of those ideas were crap.

For a show that managed so much crap going on at once so well for so long, they really sucked when the show was down to focusing on a handful of characters.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Lost. I wasn't interested just for the mythological aspect of it either. I've watched it through three times so obviously story and characters are compelling enough. Then again, I'm the worst so take my opinion as you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Lost until there was a smoke monster. At which point I promptly turned off the TV and never went back.