Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-25-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six Feet Under finale was pretty ******* fantastic.

Brodeur knows I also love The Shield finale.

I thought the Breaking Bad finale was great.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I thought the Breaking Bad finale was great.
I liked that and the BSG finale; the 30 Rock one was total fan-service and I loved it.

The Fringe final season was a bit out there, but I liked it. I hope more people give that show a watch in coming years.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The Fringe final season was a bit out there, but I liked it. I hope more people give that show a watch in coming years.
Overall it was solid, but the season was a cluster ****.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I liked that and the BSG finale; the 30 Rock one was total fan-service and I loved it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scrubs had an incredible finale for a comedy.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Scrubs had an incredible finale for a comedy.
I hope you mean what they intended as the finale and not that tacked on unnecessary season because Bill Lawrence is artistically bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I hope you mean what they intended as the finale and not that tacked on unnecessary season because Bill Lawrence is artistically bankrupt.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
What shows do you think actually had good finales?
Buffy
ST:TNG
Futurama
King of the Hill
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What shows do you think actually had good finales?
The Wire
FNL
Cheers
MASH
BSG (predictable or not)
Star Trek TNG
The Wonder Years
The Office
The Sopranos (arguably)

I know I'm forgetting a bunch...

I've heard The Shield is great, but I never got into that show because my father used to make me watch The Commish when I was a kid and FX had some really bad programming when the show started, so I didn't trust it.

I need to watch Six Feet Under at some point.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battlestar's finale ******* sucked. Angels, Jimi Hendrix, all loopholes explained by 'God' cliche, etc.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Wire
FNL
Cheers
MASH
BSG (predictable or not)
Star Trek TNG
The Wonder Years
The Office
The Sopranos (arguably)

I know I'm forgetting a bunch...

I've heard The Shield is great, but I never got into that show because my father used to make me watch The Commish when I was a kid and FX had some really bad programming when the show started, so I didn't trust it.

I need to watch Six Feet Under at some point.
Yeah uhh, predictability wasn't the issue with BSG. I like the Friends, Frasier, Office and 30 Rock finales, and they weren't exactly full of twists.

So years and years of quality FX programming isn't enough evidence?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Battlestar's finale ******* sucked. Angels, Jimi Hendrix, all loopholes explained by 'God' cliche, etc.
You my boy, Shiver.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psych had a great final. It's actually one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is far more accurate.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Full-Hou...l-1086245.aspx

Full House coming back?

Will there be a very special episode where the Tanner clan holds an intervention for Stephanie's meth problem?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Full-Hou...l-1086245.aspx

Full House coming back?

Will there be a very special episode where the Tanner clan holds an intervention for Stephanie's meth problem?
They've been trying to get it back together for at least a one-time show for years now. Not quite sure how they'd do it. The Katsopolis twins alone would be 22-23 by now.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

I was always under the impression Stamos, Saget, and Coullier would only do it if it wasn't that TV-G crap the original show was.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am completely ok with this coming back as an X-Rated late night Skinimax show.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This one is far more accurate.

Which proves Futurama is indeed the greatest show ever. DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus **** the 4th episode of Luther is heavy. That interrogation scene, man. I was wrecked.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck to America's favorite lush, Chelsea Handler. Her late night show "Chelsea Lately" ended last night.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Add True Blood to the pool of How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Dexter and Seinfeld for godawful finales.
I just finished Heroes. Can confirm, horrific ending.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In an interview with Vox, David Chase answers the question fans of the hit show have been asking since it ended in 2007

Writer Martha Nochimson gave the Internet the gift of knowledge Wednesday, helping to provide the answer to a question fans of the hit HBO series The Sopranos have been asking since the show ended: Is Tony Soprano dead?

Many concluded that in the anticlimactic final scene of the iconic show, the New Jersey mob boss, played by the late James Gandolfini, was offed by the mysterious man in the Member’s Only jacket. It only made sense that he died in the end, given his actions as a gangster, but the vagueness of the series’ end made speculation about Tony’s true fate far too easy.

So, is he dead?

From Nochimson’s article on Vox: “He shook his head ‘no.’ And he said simply, ‘No he isn’t.’”
Source: http://time.com/3197008/sopranos-tony-alive/

And that should knock the Sopranos off the greatest series ever list. The ending only works if Tony dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^

Some of you guys obsess too much over the endings of shows. Why does the last episode invalidate the joy in watching the earlier seasons?

Very rare is the show that is as good at the end as it was in the beginning (or in its prime).