Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-27-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I just finished Heroes. Can confirm, horrific ending.
Why were you watching Heroes voluntarily? I did it out of necessity to finish, as I survived three brutal seasons prior.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just finished Heroes. Can confirm, horrific ending.
When are you receiving your Purple Heart?

I couldn't watch that show after the second or third epsiode of Season 3 (and wanted to stop watching it midway through Season 2.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I somehow managed to get midway through season three until I could take no more.

Girlfriend hasn't seen The Sopranos so we are binging it. I quite honestly forgot just how great the show is. In the middle of season 3 which makes me happy because I love Ralphie as a character. "She was a ******* whoooore Tony!"
Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I somehow managed to get midway through season three until I could take no more.

Girlfriend hasn't seen The Sopranos so we are binging it. I quite honestly forgot just how great the show is. In the middle of season 3 which makes me happy because I love Ralphie as a character. "She was a ******* whoooore Tony!"
I watched Seasons 2 and 3 of the Sopranos for the first time this summer. Still have to watch the rest. It's a great show, but it has nothing on Mad Men or Breaking Bad.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I watched Seasons 2 and 3 of the Sopranos for the first time this summer. Still have to watch the rest. It's a great show, but it has nothing on Mad Men or Breaking Bad.
What?! The Sopranos aired when mafia-themed media were all the rage, and it was the perfect show. Mad Men is no where near The Sopranos, and I can't put Breaking Bad over it, either. Watching The Sopranos now, it's still amazing.

It's like if The Walking Dead was the perfect show it could/should have been with the zombie craze.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What?! The Sopranos aired when mafia-themed media were all the rage, and it was the perfect show. Mad Men is no where near The Sopranos, and I can't put Breaking Bad over it, either. Watching The Sopranos now, it's still amazing.

It's like if The Walking Dead was the perfect show it could/should have been with the zombie craze.
The Returned is the perfect zombie show, so yes it does exist.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why were you watching Heroes voluntarily? I did it out of necessity to finish, as I survived three brutal seasons prior.
Quote:
When are you receiving your Purple Heart?

I couldn't watch that show after the second or third epsiode of Season 3 (and wanted to stop watching it midway through Season 2.
Yea, a bunch of my real life friends really like the show and were talking about how excited they were that it was coming back for the mini-series thing next year. I was looking for something to watch after I finished Lost so I said why not. I never really got into it but it was the kind of thing that was alright to have on in the background while I'm working as I didn't have to pay super close attention to it. I really liked Hiro, if it wasn't for him there's no way I would have watched past the first few episodes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yea, a bunch of my real life friends really like the show and were talking about how excited they were that it was coming back for the mini-series thing next year. I was looking for something to watch after I finished Lost so I said why not. I never really got into it but it was the kind of thing that was alright to have on in the background while I'm working as I didn't have to pay super close attention to it. I really liked Hiro, if it wasn't for him there's no way I would have watched past the first few episodes.
Hiro was ass after the first season, so it's not like he helped make it any better. I can't think of a single bearable character in the latter seasons.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-27-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thankfully I only was able to watch the first season of Heroes when it was excellent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I had to have watched some of Heroes after the first season, but I think I did a really god job of repressing it because I remember nothing of it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I think I had to have watched some of Heroes after the first season, but I think I did a really god job of repressing it because I remember nothing of it.
Same, I remember the first season being awesome and watching some of the later episodes, but I can't even remember what happened. Something about a carnival I think.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first season of Heroes was so good that I kept watching hoping that it would get good again. Sylar should of been a bad ass brain eater the whole time. **** good Sylar!
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Season 1 was not THAT good. It had a few solid episodes, one terrific episode (Company Man) and had an awful finale that was a prelude to how bad it was going to become.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, the Sylar change was really really stupid.

Sylar's original motive was well-explained and made for a perfectly great villain. Taking things apart to gain knowledge of how they work. That was fantastic. He was even a watchmaker.

He should have always been a rogue entity that every character had to worry about. If they wanted to tone him down a bit, they should have had him focus on acquiring specific powers.

Last edited by nepg : 08-28-2014 at 12:16 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heroes > Supernatural.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Heroes > Supernatural.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, the Sylar change was really really stupid.

Sylar's original motive was well-explained and made for a perfectly great villain. Taking things apart to gain knowledge of how they work. That was fantastic. He was even a watchmaker.

He should have always been a rogue entity that every character had to worry about. If they wanted to tone him down a bit, they should have had him focus on acquiring specific powers.
I hated when he would take powers than get in situations that would be perfect to use them and he couldn't. So much ********.

Also, I might of exaggerated how good the first season was but I was excited for a good series after the first season. Noah was easily my favorite character.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
^^^^

Some of you guys obsess too much over the endings of shows. Why does the last episode invalidate the joy in watching the earlier seasons?

Very rare is the show that is as good at the end as it was in the beginning (or in its prime).
Because the entire narrative arc of The Sopranos is the rise and fall of Tony Soprano. If the last episode ends with him just eating dinner, it's not exactly a ****ing fall, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Because the entire narrative arc of The Sopranos is the rise and fall of Tony Soprano. If the last episode ends with him just eating dinner, it's not exactly a ****ing fall, is it?
The Sopranos would be my favorite show if it actually ended. There was no closure in that ending. I still watch the series once a year.

John Wall
Old 08-28-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Add True Blood to the pool of How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Dexter and Seinfeld for godawful finales.
To be fair, I don't think you can lump Heroes in with the rest. While the show had gone to **** well in advance of the finale, it was supposed to be a cliffhanger to season 5, while the rest were planned ends.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
The Sopranos would be my favorite show if it actually ended. There was no closure in that ending. I still watch the series once a year.
I read a super elaborate explanation of how "the ending" was Tony getting hit by the guy that walks into the restroom. A lot of camera angle interpretation. It was explained quite well actually. Wish i could find it.

For those with some time to kill

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.co...on-of-the-end/

Last edited by MetSox17 : 08-28-2014 at 01:05 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, I refuse to believe Chase said that or said that in a way that was forthright until it comes from the horse's mouth. The whole thing comes off as some stupid ***** trying to make a name for herself. Even after the whole thing has blown over and the truth of Chase's words come out, that bimbo will still be riding the success train of her chicanery.

Last edited by nepg : 08-28-2014 at 01:36 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Sherlock now. Soooo good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I'm happy for Xio for being able to look past the failings of show's finales that undermine the entire series, he just needs to start understanding that this opinion is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-29-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it in almost every live action show about heroes there ends up being some stupid serum or way that lots of people end up getting powers? Pretty sure that was premise in Agents of Shield. Heroes. The 4400. It's so dumb. What makes heroes bad ass and cool is that there are never tons of them and they are unique. For example, Arrow. Yes you get some cameo bad ass heroes and villains but not EVERYONE getting powers.

Random rant.