Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not as hopeful for The League. The promos and the idea iself do nothing for me. Hopefully all this impressive paperwork you guys are showing make for it to be better than what I'm thinking.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So since I'm the only one who still watches it, needless to say I'm unimpressed with the changes brought about on SNL. First off, I'm saddened to see Casey Wilson go and especially saddened at the departure of Michaela Watkins, whose character Angie Tempura was a favourite of mine. I don't know what is in store for Wilson, however, Watkins earned a starring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Anyways, Lorne countered with the hirings of two UCB alums, Nasim Pedrad and Jenny Slate. Time will tell what will come from these hirings, however Slate has already caused some bad press dropping the F-Bomb during the Biker skit Saturday. Apparently she will not be fired for this major **** up.

Despite this mess, SNL still remains relevant due to the recent popularity of some cast members. Andy Samberg, along with writer friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and their patented digital shorts has established SNL as a major player in the internet viral video. Also in their fifth seasons, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig have become major names in comedy with hilarious supporting roles in Apatowian comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Adventureland, and Knocked Up. However, as these cast members become more powerful in a sense, we are beginning to see the decline of the show's top veterans, mainly Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, and Will Forte, who was almost fired a few years ago and was smartly retained.

Abby Elliott is also a hard body, despite being the daughter of Dom Woganowski......

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Lajoie is in The League? I was looking forward to it before, but now I can't wait.
Yes sir, his first acting role

Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also watch SNL but Lorne thought Watkins was too good of an actress and comedian and she needed her own show. I haven't yet watched the first episode this year but they still have a lot of comedic talent. I still think this year will be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I also watch SNL but Lorne thought Watkins was too good of an actress and comedian and she needed her own show. I haven't yet watched the first episode this year but they still have a lot of comedic talent. I still think this year will be fine.
So develop more characters for her! You could've had another Wiig on your hands in two years!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
So since I'm the only one who still watches it, needless to say I'm unimpressed with the changes brought about on SNL. First off, I'm saddened to see Casey Wilson go and especially saddened at the departure of Michaela Watkins, whose character Angie Tempura was a favourite of mine. I don't know what is in store for Wilson, however, Watkins earned a starring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Anyways, Lorne countered with the hirings of two UCB alums, Nasim Pedrad and Jenny Slate. Time will tell what will come from these hirings, however Slate has already caused some bad press dropping the F-Bomb during the Biker skit Saturday. Apparently she will not be fired for this major **** up.

Despite this mess, SNL still remains relevant due to the recent popularity of some cast members. Andy Samberg, along with writer friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and their patented digital shorts has established SNL as a major player in the internet viral video. Also in their fifth seasons, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig have become major names in comedy with hilarious supporting roles in Apatowian comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Adventureland, and Knocked Up. However, as these cast members become more powerful in a sense, we are beginning to see the decline of the show's top veterans, mainly Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, and Will Forte, who was almost fired a few years ago and was smartly retained.

Abby Elliott is also a hard body, despite being the daughter of Dom Woganowski......
It was ******* terrible on Saturday.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It was ******* terrible on Saturday.
I know I watched the whole ordeal. Megan Fox shouldn't be hosting either. And as much as U2 pisses me off, to do 3 songs? Seriously?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So develop more characters for her! You could've had another Wiig on your hands in two years!
You're going to not like me but I think Wiig is terrible. Everyone loves her and I really don't get it. She makes the same face in every scene and I just want to punch her. Samberg, Hader, and Forte are my favorites by far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're going to not like me but I think Wiig is terrible. Everyone loves her and I really don't get it. She makes the same face in every scene and I just want to punch her. Samberg, Hader, and Forte are my favorites by far.
She carried the female roles on the show pretty much single handedly when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left. That alone is a tough job to handle. Sure many of her characters are the smarmy type but she fits them perfectly. The face I could without, I agree with that notion

Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
She carried the female roles on the show pretty much single handedly when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left. That alone is a tough job to handle. Sure many of her characters are the smarmy type but she fits them perfectly. The face I could without, I agree with that notion
I actually think she has talent but SNL doesn't use her right. I hate her on the show so much even though I do like SNL. She's much better in movies.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I actually think she has talent but SNL doesn't use her right. I hate her on the show so much even though I do like SNL. She's much better in movies.
Totally agreed, her roles in Knocked Up and FSM were hilarious

Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Totally agreed, her roles in Knocked Up and FSM were hilarious
Yes exactly. Target Woman needs to be shot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes exactly. Target Woman needs to be shot.
Gillie can be saved though

Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Darrell Hammond will never be unfunny.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tonight i get my first glimpse of Glee. and i love Modern Family. i think it's great.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is kinda a mix of Jericho and The 4400.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone update me on what happend last night on FF?

I don't feel like watching it on hulu...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post

They will re air it tonight at 7c time on ABC.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They will re air it tonight at 7c time.
I have to work...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Flash Forward is a great idea and really reels you in. Too bad this show is produced in America and having one amazing season isn't a possibility. As long as people are still watching they will keep making new episodes, regardless if they are out of good ideas.

I wish this could have been a mini series, or even a movie. Just 1 season is what Flash Forward really needs.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt see it from the beginning but, I struggled to pay attention during the 2nd episode. I'm not so sure how long I'll be watching.

I agree, that a mini series would probably been the best way to go. That's what I thought it was when it was first announced.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post

Olivia met the guy she dreamed about but he didnt seem to recognize her. His son on the other hand, who she operated on, seems to have seen her in his. After that it was a big blur if you ask me. Joseph Feines just is this dark character for 60 minutes so not sure if i'm going to stay with this one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched both episodes. It's pretty intriguing so I'll probably stick with it for a while.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The second episode had me into it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more hooked than I was. The second episode wasn't as good as the first, but it set up a lot of cool possibilities. I'll keep watching.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote