Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Have you seen that Celebrity Poker showdown show on (I think) either FX or Bravo? It was a few years back and not very good. 5-6 celebs would come together to play and the winner moved on to a TOC with winnings going to charities.

Dule Hill was on their a couple times, and even when not in character the guy his hilarious. Oddly enough the first time I remember seeing him before I became a Psych addict was in Holes, hah.
I have seen the show, but not with Dule Hill. It absolutely makes sense that Hill is hilarious. He just seems like the type of guy that is very easy going and has a good sense of humor in all situations. I don't necessarily think he could succeed on his own, but as a complementary actor I think he's great.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Noooo way, don't take it that way. We were talking about shows being based on relationships (Jim/Pam and Chuck/Sarah). I'm a major Psych fan and saw his Avatar was Dule Hill. I guess the point was Shaun and Gus have an unmatched chemistry in the way Turk and JD did...If they ended up together I'd love the show either way. Their "guy love" (Scrubs) is what makes Psych so flipp'n hilarious.
I think a foursome with Rachel Leigh Cook and Maggie Lawson is the best ending possible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chemistry between Hill and Roday is absolutely perfect. They play off of each other so well. It makes the show for me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 hours of Chuck in 2 nights. I'm pumped!

Btw, next weeks episode title is fantastic. Chuck vs. Operation Awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was an Awesome episode of Chuck.

;)
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

Anyone watch House tonight? Ending reminded me sooo much of The Departed.

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

;)

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad returning March 21st. Pumped for the episode. The show is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Maybe my favorite currently on TV.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Looks like I have to watch the 2nd season before March then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Breaking Bad returning March 21st. Pumped for the episode. The show is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Maybe my favorite currently on TV.
Holy ****! I was in the belief that it wasn't returning until the fall. I can't wait! Such good news.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Holy ****! I was in the belief that it wasn't returning until the fall. I can't wait! Such good news.
Check out the AMC website for three promo vids. They are only 16 seconds each but got me even more pumped.

Yes Brodeur, you need to watch season 2. It defied my expectations and I liked it even more than season one.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Check out the AMC website for three promo vids. They are only 16 seconds each but got me even more pumped.

Yes Brodeur, you need to watch season 2. It defied my expectations and I liked it even more than season one.
Woah. That could be epic.

And I'll second that about season 2. It was all kinds of awesome.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

It's next on my list at this point. Not sure when I'll start it but soon enough.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite how great Psych, The Office, Chuck and ANY other show can be...Breaking Bad is far and away my favorite television show.

I cannot believe it is coming back so soon. What a spring full of shows. How are we supposed to do anything productive during the week?

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

;)
More like..Captain Awesome. giggle.

Wait did I ruin it? Damn it!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Good evening everybody, I am the new host of Last Call with Carson Daily."
-Conan O'Brien

Awesome. Oh my God, his monologue is 30 seconds in and it's hilarious.

"NBC is expected to lose 200 million dollars next month at the Winter Olympics...Is it just me, or is that great news?"

Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Morgan Freeman's stone face on Colbert was amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

...Wow if Conan could keep that edge for every night, he would be #1 all the time.

"I could leave TV all together and join a classier entertainment organization like hardcore pornography"

Old 01-12-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another great Chuck episode. I love Captain Awesome.. but then again I love just about every character on that show. Two things that sorta irked me:

1. Chuck was being a little dick to Captain Awesome for most of the episode. I chalked it up to him not wanting his family in his spy life for their safety. Did anyone else catch his attitude?

2. Episodes without Morgan, Jeffster and the Buy More aren't as good to me. I love that whole group and feel that they bring a lot to the table. Oh well.

Overall I feel like something is.. missing from the show. I can't quite put my finger on it though. Still a great show and a kickass episode, just a thought.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Good evening everybody, I am the new host of Last Call with Carson Daily."
-Conan O'Brien

Awesome. Oh my God, his monologue is 30 seconds in and it's hilarious.

"NBC is expected to lose 200 million dollars next month at the Winter Olympics...Is it just me, or is that great news?"
I'm suprised NBC is letting him take shots like that. They're probably getting high ratings though so they don't care I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm suprised NBC is letting him take shots like that. They're probably getting high ratings though so they don't care I guess.
I don't know if it's in Conan's best interest to stay with NBC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conan's been shafted

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Compared with NBC’s average in the time-period last season, last night’s “Chuck” is up 18 percent in 18-49 rating (2.6 vs. 2.2, live plus same day) and up 14% in total viewers (7.322 million vs. 6.409 million).

If I'm NBC, with their ratings, I'm doing backflips for these numbers, up against some very tough competition. This is looking pretty good for a fourth season so far. Granted it's only three episodes in, but the episodes are progressively getting better.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will probably be the 3 highest rated Chuck episodes of the season, sans the finale possibly.

Its been off the air for awhile & they had really been advertising the hell out of it leading to the 3 eps. Not to mention 3 eps in 2 nights is easier to get into than 3 eps over 21 days.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The good thing is that it seems to have attracted some new fans. Whether or not they stick with the show throughout the season is yet to be determined but let's just say I'm positive about the direction going forward.

Not to mention that a group of people who have seen the first five episodes have all said that they get better and better as it goes on. The first episode was really for the new Chuck fans and last nights and the ones going forward will be more back to normal.