Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm almost done with the first season of Dexter....holy **** this show is ridiculous.

Almost finished with season 3 here.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just destroyed the 1st four seasons of Dexter in like a week. I need a new TV show to pick up......any ideas? I was thinking Mad Men or True Blood.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Just destroyed the 1st four seasons of Dexter in like a week. I need a new TV show to pick up......any ideas? I was thinking Mad Men or True Blood.
I just burned through Chuck in a few days...definitely a fun show and easy to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the earlier seasons of Weeds, haven't seen the latest though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both great shows. True Blood is pretty brutal for the first 5 eps but really picks up after that and has become one of my favorite shows. Mad Men is slow at times but most of the time just so incredible. Can't go wrong with either shows but I would watch True Blood first as season 3 starts before season 4 of Mad Men.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between True Blood and Mad Men you have to pick Mad Men.

Veronica Mars never hurts...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

Artie Lange: Jack and Coke on CC Secret Stash right now.
Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Veronica Mars or Chuck! Both phenomenal shows and just FUN to watch. Chuck is more on the comedy/action stuff though, if you're into that sort of thing.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out the new sig.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm addicted to Triple D, but I can't stand when he uses "on point" so much haha.

He featured a local KC place on one of his shows and I went and the food was as good as he claimed. It's so bad for you but if I'm out real late I'll go in and get breakfast.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished season 4 of Dexter

Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck is corny, oh so corny, ******* cornballs.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Check out the new sig.
I have been the places in the DFW area that he went to. Only one was as good as he made it sound.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I just finished season 4 of Dexter

Stuck on a desert island and only three shows to watch in eternity

this is a tough decision for me...

1.) Seinfeld
2.) Psych
3.) Burn Notice
Old 01-24-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if you get new episodes, Id go with Psych, the writers always seem to have something new and find ways to keep the story moving and add new little quirks to it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well if you get new episodes, Id go with Psych, the writers always seem to have something new and find ways to keep the story moving and add new little quirks to it.
i agree and i was born in '86 and still appreciate all the 80's references

my favorite.

http://www.tv.com/video/10524/101/59369/
Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THAT is why Psych is so good. Not only is the writing spot-on every week, but the episodes are an hour long. The quick-witty-smart-humor and the way Shaun and Gus play off each other completely puts that show on another level for me.

It's still a travesty The Mentalist was able to rip off the Psych plot and get on a primetime network.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Chuck is corny, oh so corny, ******* cornballs.
I think corny is part of what makes Chuck a fun show. They could try to make it an action/drama, but THEN it wouldn't be half as interesting. The humor might be cheesy at times, but I can't fight it. Draws me in every week.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have been the places in the DFW area that he went to. Only one was as good as he made it sound.
I've only been to Gizzards. It was ******* epic tbh, except the Triple D burger was gross.

I am going to Pittsburgh in March so I plan on hitting up a few of the spots there
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

My #1 by a landslide.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I think corny is part of what makes Chuck a fun show. They could try to make it an action/drama, but THEN it wouldn't be half as interesting. The humor might be cheesy at times, but I can't fight it. Draws me in every week.
Yeah I know a few people who follow it religiously, I just don't see the "wow" factor that all these chuck groupies see. For a comedy, it's not that funny, especially in comparison to some of the other shows on television, and the action part of the show is very cheesy and poorly done. I don't hate the show, I just don't think it lives up to all this praise people on here give it. Especially when the person who asked for show recommendations said they just finished a great series (Dexter FTW) and they want a new show to fill the void, prepare for a let down of epic proportions if you are replacing Dexty with Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
THAT is why Psych is so good. Not only is the writing spot-on every week, but the episodes are an hour long. The quick-witty-smart-humor and the way Shaun and Gus play off each other completely puts that show on another level for me.

It's still a travesty The Mentalist was able to rip off the Psych plot and get on a primetime network.
I bought Psych on dvd a year or two ago, watched the first 5 or so episodes, and I liked the premise, and the show in general but my main gripe was that to that point all the episodes were just stand alone episodes, there was no season long story line that kept you around. It reminded me of Veronica Mars only if she just did her little detective work without any of the main season long storylines like "who killed lilly kane?"

Last edited by ccB : 01-24-2010 at 02:39 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn not a single interesting show on tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Started watching Buffy Season 1 last night and am on my usual mission of watching a show as quickly as possible. Something tells me it won't be as easy as watching The Wire on my winter vacation in 2 weeks.
You should watch Angel instead, its a lot better.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Damn not a single interesting show on tonight.

You should watch Angel instead, its a lot better.
So true. I watched Buffy again after not seeing it since it first aired and I thought it was just alright. Angel on the other hand was pretty ******* awesome.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So true. I watched Buffy again after not seeing it since it first aired and I thought it was just alright. Angel on the other hand was pretty ******* awesome.
Ya watching Buffy and no longer being a 12 year old who was ridiculously in love with Sarah Michelle Gellar I realized the show is just too cheesy & campy. Angel walks the line between campy & awesome much better.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Ya watching Buffy and no longer being a 12 year old who was ridiculously in love with Sarah Michelle Gellar I realized the show is just too cheesy & campy. Angel walks the line between campy & awesome much better.
I really wish the show would have gone on for a couple more seasons. The Angel/Spike dynamic in season 5 was brilliant.