Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Especially because it's an answer to the question 'do you remember the last time we were in Rome?'

Stellar but if we're talking random gags I still have to go with Angel spazdancing.

Becoming has a Sarah McLachlan song and this line: "It's a big rock. Can't wait to tell all my friends. They don't have a rock this big."
Smashed has RACK and is thus amazing but you seem to not recognize that. Rack > all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whose rack?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Smashed has RACK and is thus amazing but you seem to not recognize that. Rack > all.

WTF BRODEUR you know HOW I FEEL MAGIC=Drugs omgzzzz hooked on magic what an original thought completely not transparent doesn't DESTROY WILLOW'S ENTIRE ARC which was previously using her power as a controlling egomaniac vs. being hooked on CRACK it's just CRACK it's the worst afterschool special of all time screw rack and screw season 6 aarggghghh
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Whose rack?
Terrible character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

'You taste like strawberries'

ugh Marti Noxon.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
'You taste like strawberries'

ugh Marti Noxon.
I Robot You Jane is worse and she wrote that too I think. Speaking of which, BUFFY AND RILEY RELATIONSHIP START on LOGO channel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I Robot You Jane is worse and she wrote that too I think. Speaking of which, BUFFY AND RILEY RELATIONSHIP START on LOGO channel.

She does have one good episode to her credit, and even that is a sappy mess. 'I Only Have Eyes for You.' At least it is somewhat clever and a good ghost story.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just pretend Riley was never on Buffy.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
She does have one good episode to her credit, and even that is a sappy mess. 'I Only Have Eyes for You.' At least it is somewhat clever and a good ghost story.
What's My Line, Surprise, (Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered), I Only Have Eyes for You, The Wish, Dead Man's Party, Consequences, The Prom, Forever, and the Season 6 premiere are all pretty good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

What's My Line: ghost written by Joss

Surprise: Crap. Only works because it's paired with Innocence, written by Joss.

(Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered): Okay I love this ep.

I Only Have Eyes for You: Sappy mess, but still pretty good.

The Wish: **** my point is deflating rapidly.

Dead Man's Party: Crap.

Consequences: Grrl power crap, don't be blinded by Faith/The Mayor

The Prom: Craaaaap

Forever: Biggest waste of Boreanaz of all time, ripoff of the monkey's paw.

and the Season 6 premiere: Merely OK. Loses points because as showrunner she destroyed the entire season.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i remember is that i like season six because buffy and spike are doing it all the time

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Surprise is not crap you ass, Dead Man's Party has ZOMBIESSSSSSS, and The Prom has the very amazing Jonathan speech.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Surprise is not crap you ass, Dead Man's Party has ZOMBIESSSSSSS, and The Prom has the very amazing Jonathan speech.

Surprise...I guess. It gets shot out of the water by Innocence. Dead man's party...where everyone acts like a total ass to Buffy for no reason, and a neighbor in a mask is the bad guy? The zombies are nifty but es no bueno.

I do love Jonathan.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Surprise...I guess. It gets shot out of the water by Innocence. Dead man's party...where everyone acts like a total ass to Buffy for no reason, and a neighbor in a mask is the bad guy? The zombies are nifty but es no bueno.

I do love Jonathan.
She shifted her responsibilities onto them and since Wesley wasn't there to kick some ass, they were too useless to do anything and thus got mad and stuff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
She shifted her responsibilities onto them and since Wesley wasn't there to kick some ass, they were too useless to do anything and thus got mad and stuff.
Still feels OOC for me. However, Oz.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My NFLDC username came from Max Perlich who played Whistler on Buffy for a few episodes back in '98.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
My NFLDC username came from Max Perlich who played Whistler on Buffy for a few episodes back in '98.
You can join our trendy club and I don't just throw those invites around to any one...

:)
Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I hoped that was why you were named Whistler.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You can join our trendy club and I don't just throw those invites around to any one...

:)
I justify my fanhood of Nerf Herder by letting everyone know they provide the opening sequence or credits of the show. My loyalty to Joss Whedon has forced me to enjoy Angel and Dollhouse, and I definitely think he deserves the credit for making the demon-monster-end-of-the-world genre more than cheesy "hack."

Drew Goddard and David Fury wrote for Buffy, and you better believe they have moved on to something called Lost. What's that tell you? Hush, The Body, The Gift, Seeing Red, Conversations with Dead People, Grave, and Chosen are some of the best.

I'd go to battle with Willow, Xander, and Giles any day...Wow, now I'm sad. If you haven't seen Whedon's "Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," it's funny ****.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-29-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you that liked the first four episodes, this is a reminder that V is returning Tuesday the 30th (tonight for most of us) with all new episodes. It hasn't been on for four months, but all the episodes are on hulu and nbc if you want a refresher!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Running pithy Buffy commentary....

And channeling your inner 15-yr-old HS girl.

Quote:
That is where his character grew up dammit.
Wesley came back protagonistic b/c Quinn oh-deed on H in Hollywood & Angel didn't have budget to hire a new actor.

And Brod's new avatar with the silent floating evil necroids from one of the Top 10 episodes of BtVS (What's My Line?) were some of the the most evil ever in Buffyverse history, gave me nightmares. In that avatar they look like meth head Max Headrooms though, still disturbing.

The magic addiction episodes were bitchin' -- And not b/c of Rack or the teen addiction trendiness linkage, but the return of the very comely Elizabeth Allen who had returned to human form after being a rat in Willow's room for her sophomore & junior yrs. She was also a highlight of that 1st season when monsters hatched from Bad Eggs, fratboys sacrificed HS dates to lizard gods, vampire massacres in the hallways were explained as "scavenger hunts" & kids turned into hyenas & ate their principal. We got some of that back in the famous Class Protector umbrella award prom speech from Jonathan.

And the early yrs. were festooned with killer babes like Jenny Calendar ("That isn't where I dangle it..."), Elizabeth Allen, Belinda Clarke (also guesting in a Firefly episode) as a Black Widow, & Charisma Carpenter in those eye candy spandex blouses & cheerleader skirts 2 sizes too small getting all the good sexual innuendo one-liners.

Quote:
I justify my fanhood of Nerf Herder by letting everyone know they provide the opening sequence or credits of the show.
I justify my Star Wars slur-named Nerf Herder fanboy status by stating for the record that their Buffy Theme is the closest piece of music I have ever heard depicting male orgasm, outside of Beethoven of course. Chk out BtVS: The Album exec. produced with personally selected songs by Whedon, 1999, it has Garbage, the underrated punk rendition of The Devil You Know by punkers Face to Face,Alison Krauss, & the designated early seasons BtVS house band Velvet Chain. If you listen to the Nerfs playing the theme in your vehicle whiel driving you are guaranteed to violate your state's motor vehicle code in many many ways, it's an autonomic nervous system response & you're helpless to resist.

Speaking of which --
Quote:
The Prom: Craaaaap
C'mon, CCSD, you teared up like everybody else when Buffy danced with Angel to the Sundays' Wild Horses. It was only the zenith of the Buffy-Angel relationship.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
And channeling your inner 15-yr-old HS girl.

Wesley came back protagonistic b/c Quinn oh-deed on H in Hollywood & Angel didn't have budget to hire a new actor.
Naaah Quinn didn't OD until a couple years later, but there were plenty of reports that he was trouble on the set and that's why he was aced. Our gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState

The magic addiction episodes were bitchin' -- And not b/c of Rack or the teen addiction trendiness linkage, but the return of the very comely Elizabeth Allen who had returned to human form after being a rat in Willow's room for her sophomore & junior yrs. She was also a highlight of that 1st season when monsters hatched from Bad Eggs, fratboys sacrificed HS dates to lizard gods, vampire massacres in the hallways were explained as "scavenger hunts" & kids turned into hyenas & ate their principal. We got some of that back in the famous Class Protector umbrella award prom speech from Jonathan.
I would never question Allen's hotness, or the hilarity of her random guest spots post ratness, but come on. At one point she is caught in Buffy's house stealing...motherwort or something. The magic addiction 'metaphor' was the most transparent in the history of the show, it's embarrassing to watch.

Quote:

I justify my Star Wars slur-named Nerf Herder fanboy status by stating for the record that their Buffy Theme is the closest piece of music I have ever heard depicting male orgasm, outside of Beethoven of course.
Nerf Herder rocks. I used to play their albums on my radio show. Ultimate collegenerdygrungerock band outside of maybe 'me first and the gimme gimmes.'

Quote:

C'mon, CCSD, you teared up like everybody else when Buffy danced with Angel to the Sundays' Wild Horses. It was only the zenith of the Buffy-Angel relationship.
I admit it...but that episode was still crap! Oh no a dog at the prom. The B/A zenith was totally Angel feeding off Buffy at the end of graduation day 1, speaking of transparent metaphors.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wesley is the guy !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Didn't Whedon kill Glenn Quinn off because he wanted to show that he'll kill a major guy off even that early?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Didn't Whedon kill Glenn Quinn off because he wanted to show that he'll kill a major guy off even that early?
That's the cover story, the bottom line is he figured out he had hired a junkie.

Fun fact: Doyle was written in the original pilot as Whistler, Angel's kickstarter in the season 2 buffy finale. But they couldn't get Max Perlich back for some reason.