Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tom Papa is taking over for all shows starting in July.
I will be killing myself in late June.

If that were true though, at least The Tonight Show would be watchable again. OH SNAP, LENO BURN. Get it? I'm saying that as much as I dislike Tom Papa, he'd be an upgrade over Jay Leno on The Tonight Show.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Futurama has a lot of really touching moments.
I can't even watch Jurassic Bark anymore. When Seymour lays down and closes his eyes after waiting for Fry at Panucci's for all those years...

Eh hem, okay I'm alright.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I can't even watch Jurassic Bark anymore. When Seymour lays down and closes his eyes after waiting for Fry at Panucci's for all those years...

Eh hem, okay I'm alright.
Do you need a hug? As long as I'm promised one after Luck of the Fryish.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you need a hug? As long as I'm promised one after Luck of the Fryish.
I could argue endlessly that "Don't You Forget About Me" playing after Fry discovers the writing on the tombstone is more emotional than when it rolls at the end of The Breakfast Club.

I'll Bob Huggins anyone who tears up during that scene, you especially.

...Lila's oxygen runs out and Fry hooks his tank up to hers. Futurama has taught me what love really is.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-05-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I could argue endlessly that "Don't You Forget About Me" playing after Fry discovers the writing on the tombstone is more emotional than when it rolls at the end of The Breakfast Club.

I'll Mike Huggins anyone who tears up during that scene, you especially.

...Lila's oxygen runs out and Fry hooks his tank up to hers. Futurama has taught me what love really is.
It's Bob but that's beside the point. All of these go to further the point that Futurama >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy and anyone who says otherwise deserves to be beaten.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's Bob but that's beside the point. All of these go to further the point that Futurama >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy and anyone who says otherwise deserves to be beaten.
Damnit, we almost had a moment there.

Following Futurama, I dipped into the world of Family Guy for a while. As ashamed as I am to admit that, if it wasn't for my experience with the scam that is Seth McFarlane, I wouldn't have the appreciation that I do.

I'm not sure what to expect from its return on Comedy Central. But as long as they play episodes in order, without bouncing **** around or skipping weeks because of sports and that like FOX did, I'm in.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Futurama is the best show ever. Yeah, I said. Bite my shiny metal ass.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is on AMC right now...

Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yeah Splat.
I woke up too late though and missed most of it....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Derek Jeter's girlfriend and Friday Night Lights' alum Minka Kelly is on Parenthood right now. Quite the babe.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Justified needs to become serialized now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Justified needs to become serialized now.
Is it still not? I really thought the Nazis were going to be a legit season long storyline.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Is it still not? I really thought the Nazis were going to be a legit season long storyline.
So did I, but I guess they won't be until later on. Until them, it's just another procedural, which is incredibly disappointing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hate Guy Fier, if just for his abysmal hair style and his doucheness. I don't watch the Food Network but I'll just say it anyway.
Dude is straight out of Smash Mouth cover band.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So did I, but I guess they won't be until later on. Until them, it's just another procedural, which is incredibly disappointing.
It's true I thought it was so badass the first few, but last week the magic was gone. Motion required!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the latest The Pacific. Continues to disappoint.

It's probably a good series in it's own right, but I keep comparing it to BOB.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just watched the latest The Pacific. Continues to disappoint.
it's based on two books, which I read back in 2006 for a 20th century military history class. so, I happen to like it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having the same problem with it. I DO like it, but if you compare it to Band of Brothers, you'll most likely be disappointed.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So there's going to be a Star Wars comedy series starring Seth Green.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it's based on two books, which I read back in 2006 for a 20th century military history class. so, I happen to like it.
I like it a lot as well. I'm not disappointed in the least

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So there's going to be a Star Wars comedy series starring Seth Green.
I actually think this is pretty viable. I mean it's not like it's even remotely possible to take Star Wars seriously anymore anyway.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I actually think this is pretty viable. I mean it's not like it's even remotely possible to take Star Wars seriously anymore anyway.
I just have no idea how this is going to work though. Very interesting though that's for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just have no idea how this is going to work though. Very interesting though that's for sure.
I have no idea how Seth McFarlene keeps getting shows but he does...so why not give Seth Green another one.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sure we'll see something that's kind of a distant cousin to Red vs. Blue.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Futurama is the best show ever. Yeah, I said. Bite my shiny metal ass.
It doesn't look very shiny.

Anyways, does anyone know if Community is on hiatus like the Office or does it return tomorrow?