Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
It's funnier than the office, family guy and the daily show, on par with the others in your list. Chuck's up there to.
I watched Chuck for the first time before Heroes this week and I didn't find it funny at all. The only part I laughed at was when the Bus clotheslined a dude. I also checked out Burn Notice for the first time and it was a lot better than I expected. It earned a spot on my DVR.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-04-2009 at 03:12 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I second that, I don't really like the show. The Office, It's Always Sunny, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, South Park, Family Guy, Colbert Report, Daily Show, and possibly Two and a Half Men are all funnier than 30 Rock.
I hate the Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men (the latter especially), How I Met Your Mother is insanely overrated on this board, IASIP had a very mediocre season, and Family Guy can blow me. I can live with the others in your list, but I don't really consider Daily Show/Colbert Report as actual shows when it comes down to it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life on Mars tonight

LOM >>>>>>>>> LOST
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I burned through Seasons 1 and 2 of lost pretty quick...just starting the third season, and its pretty ******* addictive...I never have any idea what the hell is going on
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I hate the Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men (the latter especially), How I Met Your Mother is insanely overrated on this board, IASIP had a very mediocre season, and Family Guy can blow me. I can live with the others in your list, but I don't really consider Daily Show/Colbert Report as actual shows when it comes down to it.
I like the CBS block, big bang theory's good nerd humor, charlie sheen and the kid are great together on 2 and 1/2 men and NPH makes How I met your mother awesome. It's always sunny did have a mediocre run, but they're always patchy for me. I still consider those in the top tier of comedies because there's no show on tv that has me laughing my ass off throughout an episode. South Park still has some great moment but they haven't had a great episode inlike two seasons.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but I don't really consider Daily Show/Colbert Report as actual shows when it comes down to it.

Do you consider them infomercials?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Do you consider them infomercials?
I didn't mean it that way. I meant I see them as daily comedy shows like I see Colbert so I don't use them as a comparison piece for weekly shows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daily Show/Colbert are different in my eyes as well because writing a show like that for 4 days a week is pretty tough along with a different kind of comedy. It's why both of those shows have large writing staffs and you have to hold them in a different category as a show like 30 Rock or Psych.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the CBS block, big bang theory's good nerd humor, charlie sheen and the kid are great together on 2 and 1/2 men and NPH makes How I met your mother awesome. It's always sunny did have a mediocre run, but they're always patchy for me. I still consider those in the top tier of comedies because there's no show on tv that has me laughing my ass off throughout an episode. South Park still has some great moment but they haven't had a great episode inlike two seasons.
Have you seen Breast Cancer Show Ever this last South Park season? Easily one of my favorite episodes.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Have you seen Breast Cancer Show Ever this last South Park season? Easily one of my favorite episodes.
I forgot about that, that was an awesome episode, not sure if it was great though.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chinese invasion one was awesome.

Quote:

Two and a Half Men has started to go downhill, but Charlie sheen and the kid are awesome, along with Berta. Anytime Berta is on the screen it is constant laughter.

Sheldon is just hilarious in BBT, I can't stop laughing at his ridiculousness.

NPH is the best character in a comedy right now. Without him, the show would be nothing. This season isn't as good as previous seasons, but it is still one of my favorite shows.

The season finale for Sunny was awesome. Nightman/Dayman was just pure genius. The part about stealing the "boys hole" had me cracking up.

Family Guy is awesome while in a certain state of mind... It is probably the lowest on that last list. But when you just want to veg out and watch something that you don't have to think, it is great.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Chinese invasion one was awesome.

Two and a Half Men has started to go downhill, but Charlie sheen and the kid are awesome, along with Berta. Anytime Berta is on the screen it is constant laughter.

Sheldon is just hilarious in BBT, I can't stop laughing at his ridiculousness.

NPH is the best character in a comedy right now. Without him, the show would be nothing. This season isn't as good as previous seasons, but it is still one of my favorite shows.

The season finale for Sunny was awesome. Nightman/Dayman was just pure genius. The part about stealing the "boys hole" had me cracking up.

Family Guy is awesome while in a certain state of mind... It is probably the lowest on that last list. But when you just want to veg out and watch something that you don't have to think, it is great.
Only two disagreements with this post, I can no longer get drunk enough to find family guy funny and NPH is tied for the best character in a comedy right now with Alec Baldwin.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scrubs is the best show ever.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only two disagreements with this post, I can no longer get drunk enough to find family guy funny and NPH is tied for the best character in a comedy right now with Alec Baldwin.
Drunk is not the state of mind I was talking about. I meant one of a more natural persuasion.

I just don't find 30 Rock that funny, but maybe I have just seen bad episodes.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Scrubs is the best show ever.
It used to be, the last few seasons haven't been as good. Although this one is shaping up to be the best in a few years, IMO.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Colbert's parody of the Bale incident with Steve Martin is brilliant.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Drunk is not the state of mind I was talking about. I meant one of a more natural persuasion.

I just don't find 30 Rock that funny, but maybe I have just seen bad episodes.
Yeah I don't find family guy funny at all in that state of mind.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you fortunate enough to have Showtime, i highly emphasize watching The United States of Tara

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally the best comedy is joined with one of the best dramas. Jon Hamm on 30 Rock!

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tracy and the Wall Street guys = priceless

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA is on tonight, get in!

Ramsay is amazing. I love his shows.

You guys ever get any of his stuff apart from Hells Kitchen?
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I can't wait for the Star Wars live-action show thats suppose to premiere this year. It's gonna between Episode III and Episode IV and George Lucas said that it's going to be like Deadwood meets the Sopranos. I think he also said it is going to be on HBO.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Las vegas on tnt is a good show. Family guy will always be very funny. Umm Scrubs is also a very funny show
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
Las vegas on tnt is a good show. Family guy will always be very funny. Umm Scrubs is also a very funny show
Family Guy is already unfunny...and I will forever hate it for what it did to The Simpsons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote