Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Family Guy is already unfunny...and I will forever hate it for what it did to The Simpsons.
Lol I still watch it from time to time and yea Simpsons was my life when I was little.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
for what it did to The Simpsons.
The Simpsons hasnt been that great for about a decade now.

The first 9 seasons were epic. Especially season 5.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The Simpsons hasnt been that great for about a decade now.

The first 9 seasons were epic. Especially season 5.
After Matt went off to do Futurama and made that great, **** happened.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im having scrubs withdrawals.. after watching like 5 episodes a day from ep 1 to the current episode I want to watch more but there are no more to watch

:(
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
After Matt went off to do Futurama and made that great, **** happened.
Dont forget that Conan was one of the main producers and even wrote 4 episodes.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have respect for Seth McFarlane the person, but I've never been into Family Guy. I just think it's a tacky show now, it was much cooler when it was cancelled. It's better than a lot of shows on TV though, which may or may not say much.

Which brings me to my first career brain aneurysm...I watched Howie Do It. I'm quite certain that this show is like an hyperbolic Jaywalking segment. They spoofed "Antiques Roadshow" in which they convinced someone who will undoubtedly die from low brain activity that a fellow "Howie worker"'s urn that consisted of his wife's ashes, actually shattered. They also convinced people they were drinking ****...literally. Of course last but not least, they convinced an even bigger dumbass than the first guy that he was trapped in a cell for 365 days as part of a new reality show.

I understand in the moment you can get caught up and mixed up, but I'm pretty sure the human race deserves to die in 2012 because of shows being greenlighted like this.

Sincerest apologies to those who are fans. Really.

In other news, NBC is great on Thursday nights still.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Futurama is still my favorite cartoon to date...it's so damn clever. Brilliant in my eyes. I need to check out all the movies yet. Bender's Big Score was decent and Beast with a Billion Backs was pretty bad. I havent seen the other two yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Futurama is still my favorite cartoon to date...it's so damn clever. Brilliant in my eyes. I need to check out all the movies yet. Bender's Big Score was decent and Beast with a Billion Backs was pretty bad. I havent seen the other two yet.
Okay, I may expect to be laughed at for this but whatever.

Did anyone else feel insanely depressed at the end of Jurassic Bark?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post

I tear up everytime.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My friend and I talk about it all the time...saddest Futurama moment by far. I used to turn it off everytime, so I didnt have to see poor Seymour. :(

Atleast he's alive in Bender's Big Score again. Granted it's the past but, still. They should have just brought him back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-06-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
My friend and I talk about it all the time...saddest Futurama moment by far. I used to turn it off everytime, so I didnt have to see poor Seymour. :(
Yeah, I get way too overwhelmed there. I end up petting my dog Kramer afterwards too and now I just turn it off. It's such a depressing song too.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Luck of the Fryish is pretty emotional too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
I have yet to listen to "Don't You Forget About Me" the same way again.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think the difference between Futurama/The Simpsons and Family Guy is that the former shows bring about a decent emotional connection to the characters. Plus the jokes are vital to the plot too.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 02-06-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the difference between Futurama/The Simpsons and Family Guy is that the latter shows bring about a decent emotional connection to the characters. Plus the jokes are vital to the plot too.
Well here's the typical episode of Family Guy.

-Chris has a crush.
-Peter says "Man, it's better than the last crush he had!"
:Flashes back to Chris making an incestous shuffle to a family member"
-Stewie wants to kill Lois.
-*** joke regarding Stewie.
-Meg is hated.
-Someone viciously hits Meg.
-"Too Soon?" joke that's more stupid than insulting. "What's the deal with that dead goose that died 'cause of that plane?!?"
-Brian wants to have secks with Lois.
-Story ends with Chris's crush..dying.

The other shows have better writing and you can tell.

Did anyone ever see Mission Hill? Love(d) that show.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well here's the typical episode of Family Guy.

-Chris has a crush.
-Peter says "Man, it's better than the last crush he had!"
:Flashes back to Chris making an incestous shuffle to a family member"
-Stewie wants to kill Lois.
-*** joke regarding Stewie.
-Meg is hated.
-Someone viciously hits Meg.
-"Too Soon?" joke that's more stupid than insulting. "What's the deal with that dead goose that died 'cause of that plane?!?"
-Brian wants to have secks with Lois.
-Story ends with Chris's crush..dying.

The other shows have better writing and you can tell.

Did anyone ever see Mission Hill? Love(d) that show.
Mission Hill was great in it's run. Great music in the show and Stogie the Dog FTW

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Mission Hill was great in it's run. Great music in the show and Stogie the Dog FTW
Jim was great too! It was ridiculously appealing to the eye as well, I like the way it was written and drawn. I'm pretty certain it was one of the last real "drawn" shows out there which is a shame IMO. It was immature but it was also funny in that regard.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim was great too! It was ridiculously appealing to the eye as well, I like the way it was written and drawn. I'm pretty certain it was one of the last real "drawn" shows out there which is a shame IMO. It was immature but it was also funny in that regard.
Jim was hilarious. Brian Posehn fit the character to a tee.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Since I didn't watch Mission Hill (shocking since I watch everything humanly possible that gets raved about), I'll just bring up the fact that I just bought the entire Batman Animated Series. Good stuff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Jim was hilarious. Brian Posehn fit the character to a tee.
Oh man without a doubt, I loved the episode with the hot pants.

Brodeur-I'm shocked you haven't. It's hilarious. Kudos on Batman though, but here's the first half of the pilot. You can just youtube "Mission Hill" if you want to see any of the rest and the other episodes.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I never liked that one...I've seen a bunch of episodes but, it never clicked with me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Mission Hill was great in it's run.
I loved that show. The over-usage of "d-bag" made it even better.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh I blame the producers for what happened to the Simpsons. They did whatever they could to continue putting it on TV. They were out of ideas. So lets just bring in celebrity guest stars as much as possible to generate ratings. Then they made Homer soooooo pathetic. He would end up crying in a corner every episode. He was always sort of pathetic in the way he was so stupid and got into crazy situations, but they turned him into depressingly pathetic.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Even moreso yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Meh I blame the producers for what happened to the Simpsons. They did whatever they could to continue putting it on TV. They were out of ideas. So lets just bring in celebrity guest stars as much as possible to generate ratings. Then they made Homer soooooo pathetic. He would end up crying in a corner every episode. He was always sort of pathetic in the way he was so stupid and got into crazy situations, but they turned him into depressingly pathetic.
It's like they took the worst parts of Homer and amped them up. How is watching/hearing Homer angrily moan for 15 straight seconds funny? They accentuated and drew out his worst nuances.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember the name but the episode where Leela meets her parents for the first time was a good one too. Great song during that flashback montage.

Edit: Leela's Homeworld, that's the one.

Last edited by Paul : 02-07-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote