Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Mad Men starts in July, so that's technically a summer show.
I didn't know when that show started back. At least I'll have one steady show that I will watch every episode of this summer.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It is hilarious. I think some of the writers from Arrested Development write for that show. I hope NBC sticks with it.
It's probably gone after next season because CBS put Big Bang Theory against it on Thursday, and it shares a good portion of the same audience. I don't care for BBT though, so I'm on Team Community.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's probably gone after next season because CBS put Big Bang Theory against it on Thursday, and it shares a good portion of the same audience. I don't care for BBT though, so I'm on Team Community.
BBT would be so much better without the laugh track. Or that just may come from my pure hatred for laugh tracks.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is ********. I hope you're wrong.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community already had bad ratings before this happened. It came as a shock to some that it was renewed in the first place, so I hope it can survive the move.

I've been saying for a while that the BBT move might kill it, so here is to hoping that NBC switches their Thursday night lineup. They should move The Office to the same slot as BBT if they want to be competitive in there. Anything else is going to get killed. Especially Outsourced, which looks downright AWFUL. I think that Outsourced will get canned asap and that'll force them to stick with Community, at least for the entire second season.

ps: BBT is a horrible show. It isn't funny at all. I've literally sat through entire episodes without laughing at all. Just terrible.

ps2: As far as summer shows (these are just the ones I was interested in):

Futurama (Comedy Central, June 24th)
Hung (HBO, June 27th)
Entourage (HBO, June 27th)
White Collar (USA, July 13th)
Covert Affairs *NEW* (USA, July 13th)
Psych (USA, July 14th)

This might be helpful for someone!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/28...premiere-dates

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 06-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a massive dork and it doesn't do anything for me, so I'd go with the fact that BBT tries to portray geeks to common people. I still don't understand how it became a ratings juggernaut and the biggest comedy on TV overnight though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a massive dork and it doesn't do anything for me, so I'd go with the fact that BBT tries to portray geeks to common people. I still don't understand how it became a ratings juggernaut and the biggest comedy on TV overnight though.
It's a combination of things.

1. It's on CBS
2. Old people love them some CBS
3. Old people usually have terrible taste

Now, that's not to say BBT is terrible. Personally, I don't find it funny or entertaining. But my parents ******* love it and never miss an episode. Old people have nothing better to do at night than watch tv.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
It's a combination of things.

1. It's on NBC
2. Posters love them some NBC
3. Posters usually have terrible taste

Now, that's not to say Community is terrible. Personally, I don't find it funny or entertaining. But the posters here ******* love it and never miss an episode. Posters have nothing better to do during the day/at night than watch tv.
You can do that for any show discussed on this forum lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You can do that for any show discussed on this forum lol
True, but the changes you made wouldn't explain why a show is successful. In fact, a lot of shows liked on here often are short lived.

My point was, old people love CBS and don't really care what's on it, they have nothing better to do but watch.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've died if Community didn't get renewed. I am very undecided on how I feel about the season finale but I know I would've been greatly upset if the show just ended like that.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur, have you finished BSG yet?

By the way, where were all you BSG fans back in 2004-2007? I remember posting a BSG-thread after the fantastic season-2 finale and it got like 10 posts and died. I think Comahan was with me, but you are all poseurs apparently.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone is a poser if they get to the show after it originally airs? I didn't know that.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

By the way, where were all you BSG fans back in 2004-2007? I remember posting a BSG-thread after the fantastic season-2 finale and it got like 10 posts and died. I think Comahan was with me, but you are all poseurs apparently.
Hey **** you!!!!! I have been firmly on the Battlestar Galactica train for years. I'm on OG fan.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

Peefs and myself have slowly been forcing BSG upon people over the past few years. We're the reason that DG, Fenikz, Vidae, Sarf, etc has a new favorite show ever~

But yea, its a slow process. Just getting people to look past the name takes a loooooooong time of convincing

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's still not better than The Wire (amongst a few other things).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
But yea, its a slow process. Just getting people to look past the name takes a loooooooong time of convincing
Ya like a year !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
It's still not better than The Wire (amongst a few other things).
And you say we overrate Firefly?!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Firefly's a damn good show, but it's not at an all time great level. I don't see how The Wire is overrated in the least, as it has no real down point and no obvious flaws.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And you say we overrate Firefly?!
Do not compare The Wire to Firefly. Firefly was very good for one season but it never came close to having the same effect on me as The Wire. Even with Fillion and Tudyck The Wire still has better characters and is full of better acting. The Wire is iconic in its brilliance and will go down as one of the greatest television shows ever. Firefly was a flash in the pan that would have ended up being a solid show if it had continued but it never came close to matching the ******* epicness of The Wire.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wire was the catalyst for my hate of cop drama. The Wire is soo good people would say, but I watched a season and it pretty much didnt interest me at all. After that no more lame ass cop shows.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
The Wire was the catalyst for my hate of cop drama. The Wire is soo good people would say, but I watched a season and it pretty much didnt interest me at all. After that no more lame ass cop shows.
Jesus man. The first season can be tough but after watching it over again it is really fantastic. Season 2 is pretty sweet but seasons 3 and 4 of The Wire is some of the best television ever you judgmental prick. Go back and give the show another shot! Listen to me, my taste in television is impeccable.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Jesus man. The first season can be tough but after watching it over again it is really fantastic. Season 2 is pretty sweet but seasons 3 and 4 of The Wire is some of the best television ever you judgmental prick. Go back and give the show another shot! Listen to me, my taste in television is impeccable.
Not happening, ever. Below zero percent probability. I didnt like it when I first started it and I certainly wont like it now that I have a large bias against it.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Not happening, ever. Below zero percent probability. I didnt like it when I first started it and I certainly wont like it now that I have a large bias against it.
Well at least yo admit to your large bias against it. I can respect that.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Community already had bad ratings before this happened. It came as a shock to some that it was renewed in the first place, so I hope it can survive the move.

I've been saying for a while that the BBT move might kill it, so here is to hoping that NBC switches their Thursday night lineup. They should move The Office to the same slot as BBT if they want to be competitive in there. Anything else is going to get killed. Especially Outsourced, which looks downright AWFUL. I think that Outsourced will get canned asap and that'll force them to stick with Community, at least for the entire second season.

ps: BBT is a horrible show. It isn't funny at all. I've literally sat through entire episodes without laughing at all. Just terrible.

ps2: As far as summer shows (these are just the ones I was interested in):

Futurama (Comedy Central, June 24th)
Hung (HBO, June 27th)
Entourage (HBO, June 27th)
White Collar (USA, July 13th)
Covert Affairs *NEW* (USA, July 13th)
Psych (USA, July 14th)

This might be helpful for someone!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/28...premiere-dates
I forgot all about Entourage. It's coming back for a new season?!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Also going to throw my support into the **** The Big Bang Theory ring. I have not laughed once watching that show and it seems like every fan of the show I meet is an incredibly he douchebag. Aagain I am discouraged by the shittiest of shows being the most popular cough Two and a Half Men cough.