Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True Blood last night was pretty lousy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was of the same mind. I thought that the episode was entirely set-up for the next few, which I expect to kick all kinds of ass. It was pretty slow. And where the hell did Alcide go? Isnt he a huge part of the books?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The old man from Pawn Stars is awesome they should have a show just on him giving his two cents on stuff I would so watch.
Always wondered about Pawn Stars, they seem to be doing really really well in a business noted for operating on very thin profit margins but in a down economy a lot of people pawn & sell things there that they wouldnt otherwise. It's pretty contrived too, they set up obviously hostile situations between the family members who can't make it seem believable (b/c they're not actors, I know), like Big Hoss always spending megabucks on something that seems high risk like the wrecked helicopter & getting an asschewing from Dad & Granddad, & the too many fat jokes & one-liner smartass remarks from Hoss' fat friend, he's just not that smart or witty so they're written for him by the HC writing staff. BTW I always thought the Harrison family & employees in the Vegas pawn shop wore all black to intimidate their customers. One of the best moments was when that jerk brought in the grenade (still live? oh ****!) & Rick Harrison got a menacing & coldblooded expression on his face in split second & told him "Get that thing out of my store," that one didn't seem rehearsed at all. When disappointed customers walk off pissed off b/c they can't get their price that seems genuine.

More fascinating to me is the similar History Channel show American Pickers, they seem much more genuine & sincere. All their visits are prearranged, the peole they're picking from all have to sign something allowing them to appear on camera with teh History Channel. Love their picker jargon too, like "honey hole," & all the interesting detailed trivia about the collectibles on which these pros are authorities, not just collectors themselves. They are operating on a thinner margin than a Vegas pawn shop.

Best hook in both shows is the negotiating by Harrison & Wolfe & Frank with customers, you can tell they're pros & running bottom line-driven cash businesses, when the $ comes out that's when you see their edges shine on camera with the tension there.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-24-2010 at 01:17 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I was a week behind in True Blood and finally watched Russell's epic news take over. That is easily the best 3 minutes of television I've seen in a long time.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

totally forgot there was a True Blood episode this week because of work. I love **** like that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just started watching Pawn Stars about a week ago. Became hooked pretty damn quickly. I'm watching it as I type this. haha. Great show.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
totally forgot there was a True Blood episode this week because of work. I love **** like that.
Might as well just skip it and read the cliff notes from it. The Sam flashbacks were the dumbest thing the show has ever done, and that is saying something.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just started watching Pawn Stars about a week ago. Became hooked pretty damn quickly. I'm watching it as I type this. haha. Great show.
Ya, it's addicting.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, it's addicting.
No joke. And they put like 7 epsiodes in a row on. I watched everyone that was on today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't gave American Pickers a chance you might like it as well, it kinda has the same vibe, obviously the biggest difference being they go looking for stuff and instead of people bringing stuff to them
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah I'll check it out...i saw the promos for it. The taller guy seems like an a-hole...but i've never seen it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah I'll check it out...i saw the promos for it. The taller guy seems like an a-hole...but i've never seen it.
He can kinda come across as a know it all at times but you could say the same thing about Rick on Pawn Stars, I like Pawn Stars better but enjoy both shows.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you haven't gave American Pickers a chance you might like it as well, it kinda has the same vibe, obviously the biggest difference being they go looking for stuff and instead of people bringing stuff to them
My dad hates that show. He says all the time that he is surprised the district attorney that is in the area where they shoot doesnt press legal action. If you notice, they almost always go to the elderly's homes and try to buy stuff from them when they dont know the value. In Pawn Stars they are actually looking to sell the item and know what is coming.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can kinda come across as a know it all at times but you could say the same thing about Rick on Pawn Stars, I like Pawn Stars better but enjoy both shows.
I like Rick on Pawn Stars. He is the one guy that seems to really know a lot of the stuff. Chumlee is still the best though. :)
Old 08-24-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya this weeks True Blood was really uneventful. But I honestly wasnt surprised at all, the last episode and the season overall has been so good that I knew a let down episode was going to be coming. Im hoping that theyve done and got that out of the way for the season and pure awesomeness is back on hand.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of American Pickers, they've got to be *** for each other right?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Might as well just skip it and read the cliff notes from it. The Sam flashbacks were the dumbest thing the show has ever done, and that is saying something.
you thought they were dumb? I didnt mind them, Sam's character has no depth, and they're trying to develop him. Outside of Maryann we dont know a whole lot about him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
My dad hates that show. He says all the time that he is surprised the district attorney that is in the area where they shoot doesnt press legal action. If you notice, they almost always go to the elderly's homes and try to buy stuff from them when they dont know the value.
Give me a break they don't hold a gun to anyone's head and force them to sell anything, I have seen many times were they even gave someone more then their asking price just to make it more fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I like Rick on Pawn Stars. He is the one guy that seems to really know a lot of the stuff. Chumlee is still the best though. :)
O I like Rick, just saying he can come across as a know it all which can rub some the wrong way.

Last edited by Splat : 08-24-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Speaking of American Pickers, they've got to be *** for each other right?
They go to great lengths to point out that This would look great on my ladyfriend, or talk about GFs, but they spend all that time on the road together so you do wonder.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walking Dead!!!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=593569611001
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray for Tuesdays! Covert Affairs (it's actually growing on me), White Collar, Warehouse 13. I declare epic win. Thursday is quite awesome as well. Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Futurama.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is heroes still on tv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It got canceled because it sucks (and low ratings).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
is heroes still on tv?
Why would that **** still be on?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Season 1 was amazing I still don't know what the hell went wrong with Heroes.