Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When in doubt, always go with The Wire.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really enjoyed Dollhouse (especially the finale, which I thought was amazing) but I don't think it comes close to Firefly. Even Topher, who is one of my favorite tv characters of all time, would be behind three characters on Firefly (Mal, Wash, Jayne).
The Epitaph episodes really were pure sex.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really enjoyed Dollhouse (especially the finale, which I thought was amazing) but I don't think it comes close to Firefly. Even Topher, who is one of my favorite tv characters of all time, would be behind three characters on Firefly (Mal, Wash, Jayne).
Calm down man friend!

Actually yea I'd take them all over Topher. Or maybe just Mal and then a tie between Topher/Wash/Jayne. Yea that.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
The Epitaph episodes really were pure sex.
I actually thought The Attic was the best episode of the show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Paul won, thank God.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Calm down man friend!

Actually yea I'd take them all over Topher. Or maybe just Mal and then a tie between Topher/Wash/Jayne. Yea that.
After thinking about it, I'd DEFINITELY take Mal and Wash over Topher, but I think Topher and Jayne are tied. That looks better.

1. Mal
2. Wash
3a. Jayne
3b. Topher

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Breaking Bad or The Wire. Which one should I watch first?
The Wire x 10
Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good episode of Tue Blood. Big fan of angry Sam but ******* hell the writers really need to find a way to write off Bill and Tara because it is painful to watch them on screen.

Gotta love Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston won at the Emmy's. Glad the incredible work they both did this season got recognized.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Good episode of Tue Blood. Big fan of angry Sam but ******* hell the writers really need to find a way to write off Bill and Tara because it is painful to watch them on screen.

Gotta love Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston won at the Emmy's. Glad the incredible work they both did this season got recognized.
Yeah, True Blood was good this week, but god I just want Tara to die so badly. Arlene too, shes so ******* whiny its unbelievable. But as per usual, Russel and Eric save the show.

As far as Breaking Bad goes, I still think Aaron Paul outacts Brian Cranston on that show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah, True Blood was good this week, but god I just want Tara to die so badly. Arlene too, shes so ******* whiny its unbelievable. But as per usual, Russel and Eric save the show.

As far as Breaking Bad goes, I still think Aaron Paul outacts Brian Cranston on that show.
You're crazy man. Jessie Pinkman is a brilliant character and Aaron Paul does an incredible job but Walter White is easily one of my all time favorite characters in any kind of medium. Cranston puts on a ******* clinic each episode. Rewatching the show really gave me an appreciation for how ******* nuanced his performance is. Breaking Bad really is an amazing show and I think it should have won best drama despite how great Mad Men is as well.

Speaking of Mad Men holy **** Don Draper really is a mess. Really great episode. It really is refreshing to see a network actually try to make great television and understand that great TV tends to lead to great ratings.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:26 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Breaking Bad or The Wire. Which one should I watch first?
I'll say The Wire just by the fact that it is already over so you can see the end and not be angry to have to wait X amount of time for the next episode.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Sam's storyline is ******* terrible and he's a much worse character than Bill most of the time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think Sam's storyline is ******* terrible and he's a much worse character than Bill most of the time.
I have never cared for Sam before but I have to say that after last night I like him a little more. I mean his actions didn't make much sense at all even for a really ******* drunk person but I enjoyed watching him freak the **** out on everyone. I really only hated his character about half the time he was on screen yesterday.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a billion years behind the time but finally got a DVR greatest thing ever...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm a billion years behind the time but finally got a DVR greatest thing ever...
There's something better than a DVR, it's called the internet.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My internet is not in HD.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My internet is not in HD.
Sure it is, if you look for it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Sure it is, if you look for it.
Solution. Hook computer up to large screen (I have a 32 inch LCD LG). Know your streaming sites. Find stream of pretty much any recent episode of anything in HD. Cable is a thing of the past.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Solution. Hook computer up to large screen (I have a 32 inch LCD LG). Know your streaming sites. Find stream of pretty much any recent episode of anything in HD. Cable is a thing of the past.
I just use a PC as a media server but yeah that works too.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stream quality is for the most part always crap. And even if you can find high quality streams it is typically too much for most people internet connections to handle.

I love watching shows on my computer that conflict with my DVR being able to record multiple shows, but I much rather watch them on my nice TV on my couch as opposed to sit in my computer chair and watch them on a screen half the size.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^My face when all the stupid hipster shows win Emmys and Two and a Half Men doesn't win award for Best Show Ever Made^^
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If you think Mad Men or Breaking Bad are hipster shows, you don't know what you're talking about. Then again, Two and a Half Men is for the below average intelligence people with advanced age, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-30-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Stream quality is for the most part always crap. And even if you can find high quality streams it is typically too much for most people internet connections to handle.

I love watching shows on my computer that conflict with my DVR being able to record multiple shows, but I much rather watch them on my nice TV on my couch as opposed to sit in my computer chair and watch them on a screen half the size.
Pretty much this.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished the Sopranos. Great stuff, even the ending. Now to finish The Wire...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big kudos to Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul for winning well deserved Emmys. They were head & shoulders above their competitors.

Also to The Great Al Pacino for his portraying Dr. Kervorkian, & to the Daily Show with John Stewart, now he can rub his Emmy in Colbert's face. And to John Lithgow as Guest Actor on Dexter.

Looks like 30 Rock got snubbed at every category, had to happen.

Tip of the hat also to Joss Whedon's younger brother Zack who wrote/directed half the 1st season of Rubicon including last night's Look to the Ant. Also did 3 episodes of Fringe among others.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0923738/

It's expected of the Whedons, they're 3rd-generation screenwriters.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-30-2010 at 05:09 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote