Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Chuck was on the top of Yahoo's list of tv shows in trouble. And now I am sad.
Because of ratings I'm assuming? That's really weird. I thought it was doing well. It's probably my favorite show on TV.

Where did you find that list?

edit: Found a list they (yahoo) made but Chuck wasn't on it. Weird.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-10-2009 at 01:25 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Because of ratings I'm assuming? That's really weird. I thought it was doing well. It's probably my favorite show on TV.

Where did you find that list?

edit: Found a list they (yahoo) made but Chuck wasn't on it. Weird.
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-show...might-not--228

On their front page.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must be blind. Good find.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Life too, so I hope both return.

edit: They didn't say why, weird.

Last edited by vidae : 04-10-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chuck goes from NBC, then so do I.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya its been rumored Chuck is going to get canceled for awhile now. I also heard some rumblings that it might get picked up by Sci-Fi.

I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast. There are plenty of roles they could use him for in that series. His acting is a perfect mesh with Whedon's writing.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Ya its been rumored Chuck is going to get canceled for awhile now. I also heard some rumblings that it might get picked up by Sci-Fi.

I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast. There are plenty of roles they could use him for in that series. His acting is a perfect mesh with Whedon's writing.
Baldwin is PERFECT where he is now. No one could play Casey as well as he does.

Regardless, I hope Chuck isn't canceled. It's one of the only shows I actively watch rather than dvr'ing or catching it online.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like Chuck, but I REALLY want to see Adam Baldwin reunited with Joss Whedon and join the Dollhouse cast.
I have some bad news for you. Dollhouse is on that list too.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three days later and I still find myself thinking about the last Rescue Me episode. Pure excellence and Ive got to be honest, I didn't even like Dennis Leary before this show aired. Always felt he was a Bill Hicks wannabe but he is REALLY great in this show.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I have some bad news for you. Dollhouse is on that list too.
Dollhouse has had a large increase in ratings the last 3 weeks. Its doing well in the death slot, something that hasn't had a successful show since the X-Files. That Yahoo list didn't mention the ratings at all, simply saying that they were still iffy on its quality. I think a 2nd season will be the make or break for the show.

On a non-cancellation note about Dollhouse, this is when the show is suppose to get good. A lot of the actors have made mention of this. Fox basically forced Whedon to make the first 5 or so episodes stand alones that followed their cookie cutter philosophy. The last couple of weeks you've seen a lot more Joss in the dialogue and the episodes are starting to follow one another. Tahmoh Penikett said the same thing, that around episode 5-6 is when the show really comes into its own and the real story begins.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great episode of Dollhouse tonight. Won't give anything away, but it's really starting to get good.

Also, anyone catch Southland? I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I wasn't a big fan of ER though so at least there is something decent to watch Thursday night.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh snap, Walt's getting in deep... I'm ADDICTED

Breaking Bad Preview tonight 10/9c:
Walt, who has lied and told Skyler that friends Gretchen and Elliott have been paying for his cancer treatments, has to engage in some more serious prevarication in an attempt at extrication. Walt's sit-down with a befuddled and confused Gretchen provides the episode's searingly dramatic highlight. While all of that is going on, Jesse decides to take matters into his own hands after two drug-addled losers jack Skinny Pete and make off with Jesse's cash and stash. The hour ends with a scene of crushing finality.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walt you tricky bastard.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes, what a sick episode.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Breaking Bad continues to be full of all sorts of awesome.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to watch Breaking Bad. I am tempted to watch it on this older computer tonight but at the same time I would much rather watch it on my 32 inch TV. That would mean waiting until tomorow though and I am so addicted I am not sure I can do that.

Also, the last Dollhouse episode was great. The show is really getting good and the premise is such that I can't see the show getting stale anytime soon. I just hope it lasts.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 8 episodes into the first season of The Wire. As of right now, I'd take the Shield over it.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I can't wait to watch Breaking Bad. I am tempted to watch it on this older computer tonight but at the same time I would much rather watch it on my 32 inch TV. That would mean waiting until tomorow though and I am so addicted I am not sure I can do that.

Also, the last Dollhouse episode was great. The show is really getting good and the premise is such that I can't see the show getting stale anytime soon. I just hope it lasts.
Definitely not a show you wanna watch on your computer if you can help it.. It's like watching the Dark Knight on a laptop. Sure you get to see the movie, but you don't get to be part of the "experience".

Old 04-13-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dollhouse has had a large increase in ratings the last 3 weeks. Its doing well in the death slot, something that hasn't had a successful show since the X-Files. That Yahoo list didn't mention the ratings at all, simply saying that they were still iffy on its quality. I think a 2nd season will be the make or break for the show.

On a non-cancellation note about Dollhouse, this is when the show is suppose to get good. A lot of the actors have made mention of this. Fox basically forced Whedon to make the first 5 or so episodes stand alones that followed their cookie cutter philosophy. The last couple of weeks you've seen a lot more Joss in the dialogue and the episodes are starting to follow one another. Tahmoh Penikett said the same thing, that around episode 5-6 is when the show really comes into its own and the real story begins.
Here's hoping Dollhouse doesnt go the way of also Friday Fox Network night death spot series Firefly, he has a long history stretching back to Buffy with smokin' hot Eliza Dushku, you know the syndrome: reruns ad infinitum on SciFi, DVDs of the single-yr. series (& the feature film Serenity) only owned/rented by the small but fanatical following, then becomes relegated to its own subculture. Whedon is too highbrow & philosophical in his scathing social commentary for Middle America, too damn bad, they don't know what they're missing. I've always been proud to include myself among that Joss subculture, even submitting Buffyspeak dialect items to slang dictionary websites, I'm just wired weird that way.... once I shared an ofice with 2 equally fanatical Whedonites & we quoted one-liners from Firefly all day... hey, it beat working
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles had one of the best season (series?) finales I've ever seen. It was amazing.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
The Sarah Connor Chronicles had one of the best season (series?) finales I've ever seen. It was amazing.
Would be lame if they ended the series like that though. But at the same time, would be weird to see where they would go.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would be lame if they ended the series like that though. But at the same time, would be weird to see where they would go.

Haha, it's true. Even in The 4400, she was never really "human".
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Haha, it's true. Even in The 4400, she was never really "human".
And I think Cameron was more normal than her character in Firefly, River I believe. Now there was a bat **** nuts broad.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
And I think Cameron was more normal than her character in Firefly, River I believe. Now there was a bat **** nuts broad.
River may have been bat **** nuts, but her character in Serenity was just totally badass.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
River may have been bat **** nuts, but her character in Serenity was just totally badass.
I wasnt a huge Serenity fan, I think they changed up the personalities of a lot of characters too much for the flick.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flyboy, how's the pron biz?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote