Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1st season of every new series is "iffy"... Even the great shows took time to come into their own. I love the show and can't get enough of Barney to be honest.

Anyways, I just got to watch Chuck's Monday episode. Was I the only one a bit put off by the 2-3 minute Subway advertisement???? It was just akward. That, and Chuck reallly really is playing the pity card. I get why, but just something I noticed.

Still a great show.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I was more worried if the producers/writers/actors would be willing to do another season. A lot of projects going on with those guys, including the big screen, so even though HBO renewed it heres to hoping everybody involved with EB&D returns to make an epic 2nd season.

Though I read they only plan on making the 2nd season 8 episodes and have a conclusion to the story, ie no 3rd season.
2 and done works even better IMO. I love the show, but I don't think it has much staying power, it would probably get annoying after awhile.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2nd episode of the Unusuals is on tonight!

YES!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
2 and done works even better IMO. I love the show, but I don't think it has much staying power, it would probably get annoying after awhile.
I disagree, I believe the awesomeness that is Kenny Powers deserves multiple seasons of zany hijinks and bullshitery, and I don't think it will really go stale with Will Farrel in the driver seat...forget Blades of Glory and Semi-Pro...they never happened.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished up Season 1 of The Wire the other day. Without ruining it, does it go up or down from here?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Finished up Season 1 of The Wire the other day. Without ruining it, does it go up or down from here?
Season 2 is very different than the first and third seasons. Some very interesting stuff happens in season two that pays off in later seasons and while I didn't love season two as much as the others it really was essential to the show. I would say watch it because after season two I found three to be ******* incredible and easily my favorite of the series. Four is pretty damn awesome as well. When I watched the show I actually stopped a quarter way through season one and didn't watch it again for 3 years but I am glad I finally did. So my answer is way to long but the show does go up in quality.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Season 2 is very different than the first and third seasons. Some very interesting stuff happens in season two that pays off in later seasons and while I didn't love season two as much as the others it really was essential to the show. I would say watch it because after season two I found three to be ******* incredible and easily my favorite of the series. Four is pretty damn awesome as well. When I watched the show I actually stopped a quarter way through season one and didn't watch it again for 3 years but I am glad I finally did. So my answer is way to long but the show does go up in quality.

Interesting. I loved Season 1, but I figured I'd asked with all the **** that went down the end of the season. Wasn't sure if they could keep it up after.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting. I loved Season 1, but I figured I'd asked with all the **** that went down the end of the season. Wasn't sure if they could keep it up after.
I also loved Season 1. The last 5 or so episodes were tremendous. I think you will really love Season 3.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked it a lot but keep in mind that each season isnt exactly like the first. I thought the first was the best but each season is almost like a separate entity.

I hated Clay Davis so much when I was watching it. Every time he was on screen, I wanted to punch him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I am watching the Caprica pilot right now. Lots of nudity in the first few minutes, it was a pleasant surprise.

EDIT: I am three quarters of the way through Caprica and I am loving it. There are some very interesting ideas brought up in the show and I have found it very entertaining.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 04-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I liked it a lot but keep in mind that each season isnt exactly like the first. I thought the first was the best but each season is almost like a separate entity.

I hated Clay Davis so much when I was watching it. Every time he was on screen, I wanted to punch him.

Yeah, he was a douche. Omar's probably been my favorite character up to this point.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I always had an unhealthy obsession with Stringer Bell. He was such a flawed and interesting character.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always had an unhealthy obsession with Stringer Bell. He was such a flawed and interesting character.
String was awesome but my favorite non-cop was definitely Bodie or Omar.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

Stringer's the man. It was great when McNulty saw him in the economics class. And how he constantly rubs his chin. Just great.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I have been watching a lot of Mad Men lately. Brilliant stuff. I am glad I gave the show another shot after initially not really liking the first couple episodes at all. I really should back and watch them again as it has been a year since I saw them. I am almost at season 2 and I have really been loving it. Jon Hamm is ******* brilliant. January Jones as the wife is really incredible. Some of the finest female acting on TV in my opinion. The supporting cast is excellent and the red head is a joy to watch.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"If you have not seen the recent CSI episode, "A Space Oddity," you should. Ron D. Moore and Grace Park make a cameo, and Kate Vernon guest stars. Written by David Weddle and Bradley Thompson, the episode deals with a murder of a man who plans on "reimagining" a popular classic SF show. Sounds familiar."

Hooray BSG.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad...It's gotten to the point where I actually have to mentally prepare myself for this show every Sunday.

Episode Synopsis: Walt and Jesse contemplate an expansion of their business; Hank experiences a hassle in El Paso as he tries to adapt to his new coworkers; Skyler's new job opportunity leads to her reconnecting with an ex-colleague; and Jesse interacts with his new landlady.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm...so Peter killed a cat with a razor on Family Guy just now. I didnt think that was funny at all...so I checked out a Family Guy message board and looks like a lot of people agree with me. That was awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
hmm...so Peter killed a cat with a razor on Family Guy just now. I didnt think that was funny at all...so I checked out a Family Guy message board and looks like a lot of people agree with me. That was awful.
Yeah that will catch some flack from certain groups.. Nothing Seth Mcfarlane does should be taken too seriously. I've kind of strayed from Family Guy, but there are some funny spots in this episode.

Totally got turned off in the "Celebs I don't like list"

To name a couple, Andy Samberg and Dwight from The Office (forehead guy). Love them both.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What has been funny on Family Guy recently?

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if I know. This is first new episode I've seen in a long while. Didnt care for it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Breaking Bad...It's gotten to the point where I actually have to mentally prepare myself for this show every Sunday.

Episode Synopsis: Walt and Jesse contemplate an expansion of their business; Hank experiences a hassle in El Paso as he tries to adapt to his new coworkers; Skyler's new job opportunity leads to her reconnecting with an ex-colleague; and Jesse interacts with his new landlady.
...eh hem 15 minutes. Watch Rock of Love Bus reunion until then, jk.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's got to be the coolest opening I've seen. Like, ever.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
That's got to be the coolest opening I've seen. Like, ever.
How they continue to be completely original every single episode absolutely blows my mind

Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that was another kickass episode.

Looks like things will come together next week. Methinks Walt is getting too cocky

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote