What a stupid mistake to renew The Killing. I honestly can't believe they did that.
This post will be spoilery so click at your own peril!
The writing is so ******* awful, how is Linden a lead detective? There are a few things that just don't jive.
1) If Rosie had been at the casino for months doing this escort thing, why did she have the ferry time written on a piece of paper? She'd probably know the last ferry home by then. It's just a way to move the plot and that's it.
2) The Aunt reads a message board post about a guy who took a girl down to the riverfront and talked about drowning.. then her niece is killed that way.. and doesn't think it's important to tell the police? I doubt they would have charged her with anything, but even then, wouldn't you want to help find out who killed your niece? That saves us a month of episodes about Bennett that we didn't need.
3) Mitch, as a character, is flat out ******* awful and has been from day one. Her character is all over the place. She screams at her husband about how he let Bennett go, he killed our daughter and you let him go blah blah, so he goes and does something about it and then she sits there and bitches at him about how she knew "that guy" would come back? YOU wanted that guy to come back and do what you couldn't do. What ****** writing.
Stan could have stopped her from talking and told her that the money was for a house, but he didn't. Why? It's just stupid.
4) I don't care about the Larsen family at ALL. The only character that seems believable at all is Stan, and he's borderline. Mitch is awful, so is the Aunt.. and when you're watching a show about a family in crisis, a family on the edge, you should at least care about them. I don't. That brings me to my next point..
5) If you're watching a show that is largely character driven, MAKE THE CHARACTERS INTERESTING. For my money, the only character I find interesting at all is Holder. I could literally do without any of the rest of them.
6) So they found a skull on the waterfront site and.. what? That completely torpedoes a Mayoral race? Why? And they're out there working late at night, in the rain? What?
7) Last point and then I'll stop rambling: They did it again.. something stupid and implausible to keep the plot moving: why did Linden HAVE to go to Richmonds house to tell him to be wary of Drexler? That is a phone call or email, not a visit at 10-11pm. Why? Because she HAD to hear the emails being sent. That is it. Gee, we can't seem to figure a way to move the plot.. oh, I know, we'll have a Detective go to a (previous) suspects house to warn him about someone he associates with for no other reason than to hear a sound when he receives an email!
Also, if you delete your account with the escort service, why not the email associated with said account?
edit: I forgot. The strongest episode of this season, on a show about the murder of a young girl, was the episode that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CASE AT ALL. Give me a break.
edit2: Ugh, I just remembered that Rosie was found in that chemical that was in Bennets place, but they haven't touched on that at all since then? Why even bring it up then? Just to keep people guessing? Ugh ugh ugh.
I know that was a long winded rant, but so many things about this show just piss me off. You can't fix bad writing. I think it's safe to say I won't be tuning in to another season of this.
Is anyone else watching Franklin and Bash? I'm really enjoying it so far. I've always been a fan of legal procedurals and when you add in attractive women and comedy, it's even better. Last night's episode wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still solid.
Originally Posted by SolidGold
Originally Posted by Monomach
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.
Just finished watching all the episodes of Community. Incredible show. Abed is hilarious, and even funnier when he's teamed up with Troy.
I recently started on Parks and Recreation. Not as incredible. Too say the least.
You gotta give Parks and Rec a chance. I tried to watch it in season 1 and didn't really enjoy it so I stopped watching. But then I came back for season 3 and it's definitely hit its stride and become one of the funniest shows on TV. Now I have to go back and watch the first two seasons.
I didn't care for the first season either.. but watched it all when it was done and thought it was ok. It gets a lot better in season two, and season three was so good that it was the 1b to the 1a of Community.
I'm rewatching season2 right now on Netflix and it is fantastic.
So Falling Skies sucks. Nothing but lame cliches and boring scene after boring scene. I wish someone would make a good alien invasion movie or TV show. I don't want to know the back stories of the dime-a-dozen, physically attractive characters, who manage to maintain fantastic hair in apocalyptic conditions.
I might catch **** for this but anyone else here like The Glades on A&E? It's not the best detective show, nor can it hold a candle to a show like Psych but it's still an enjoyable watch for me.
The Glades is ok. The characters are likeable (for the most part, Longworth is kind of annoying sometimes) and it's solid for a summer show. I watch it, but if I never saw another episode again I'd be ok with it.
WOW. THAT was the ******* ending to s1 of The Killing? Are you ******* kidding me? Jesus christ.
For the people who watched this god damn show for 13 weeks, this episode was an insult.
Yeah, put me in the group who will definitely not be watching the next season.
That ending was dumbfounding in its idiocy. It was a twist based off literally nothing. A surprise that materialized out of no where. How can that possibly be taken seriously? There was absolutely no motive. There was no rhyme or reason given in 13 episodes or even so much as hinted at. That was a twist for shock value that had no intellectual grounds for happening.
Shame on you, AMC. Can't wait to not watch Season Two.