Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complete list of all Fall premiere dates for this upcoming TV season:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-dates/100804/

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bored to Death coming back is a decent birthday present.

Psych and Walking Dead return in that same week. The only way that week could be better was if Community was also premiering and it was happening right now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with the Walking Dead? Did the main character get canned, or was that someone else on the show? I heard something about it, but have yet to see it. I want too, though. The first season is like $20...I could always get it by other means as well. First epidsode looks like a blatant rip off of 28 days later, and it's tough to add anything to the over used zombie "genre", I still want to check it. I also want to see that Spartacus one. There are a bunch of shows I need to check out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm enjoying Alphas a lot and hope it gets renewed! If a show like Eureka can get so many seasons...
This is the last season for Eureka, it didnt get renewed. So far Alphas seem ok. Just as long as they keep making Warehouse 13 I'll be happy. I love that show.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What's the deal with the Walking Dead? Did the main character get canned, or was that someone else on the show? I heard something about it, but have yet to see it. I want too, though. The first season is like $20...I could always get it by other means as well. First epidsode looks like a blatant rip off of 28 days later, and it's tough to add anything to the over used zombie "genre", I still want to check it. I also want to see that Spartacus one. There are a bunch of shows I need to check out.
The first episode is tremendous, the rest.......not so much. Pretty much the opposite with Spartacus, which starts up really weak and really hits a groove about midway through the season. Of course both shows have serious issues, what with Walking Dead S2 becoming a total on set debacle and Spartacus having issues that have to do with Whitfield.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You shut your mouth Corey. The Walking Dead and Spartacus are great throughout!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The first episode is tremendous, the rest.......not so much. Pretty much the opposite with Spartacus, which starts up really weak and really hits a groove about midway through the season. Of course both shows have serious issues, what with Walking Dead S2 becoming a total on set debacle and Spartacus having issues that have to do with Whitfield.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first 4 episodes of Walking Dead were great. The last 2 were meh. I have high hopes for season 2, what is this about bad stuff happening to the cast/crew/writing staff?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darabont stepped down as showrunner or something. I can't remember exactly what happened or why, but I'm not too worried about a drop in quality.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Walking Dead is amazing...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you going to seriously say that The Walking Dead stayed great throughout? Because it didn't, at all (except the series was almost saved by Noah Emmerich being goddamn awesome in the last episode). And Spartacus was great by the end, not sure the problem here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a neat twist to the Walking Dead would be to have a mysterious, menacing type that the zombies don't see or bother.

I imagine an awesome scene where various cast members are up in some building looking down at the teeming masses of dead through a window or from a rooftop, then one of them notices someone looking straight at them. He's looking at them and is obviously not a zombie, but the dead walk past him or ignore him. He stares, unsettling and expressionless, at the group. One likely idiot shouts something at him like "Hey, don't you see all those walkers? Get out of there!" The hordes all turn to the noise and rush the building. The strange man continues to stare for a moment, then turns and walks away.

A scene like that would make me flip out with holy WTFness. And I don't know where it would go but it would be a bit of a different take on the zombie genre.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you going to seriously say that The Walking Dead stayed great throughout? Because it didn't, at all (except the series was almost saved by Noah Emmerich being goddamn awesome in the last episode). And Spartacus was great by the end, not sure the problem here.
I would say that I greatly enjoyed every episode of The Walking Dead more than just about every other show I saw throughout the year.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shut up, you suck.

He killed a rapist, it's extremely important that he killed a person who very much deserved to die. He was a good human being who made a mistake, and he deserves a bunch of aw shucks moments after having to go through what he did.
He probably should have killed JP's dad and the meth dealers too then, would that have been okay? Buddy was kind of a dickbag, sic Landry on his ass! 'Lance, this guy deserves to die, I've spent 3 years turning you into a man!' I guess they would have had to get him a little emotional first, then it would be fine. :) Loooove youuu
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He probably should have killed JP's dad and the meth dealers too then, would that have been okay? Buddy was kind of a dickbag, sic Landry on his ass! 'Lance, this guy deserves to die, I've spent 3 years turning you into a man!' I guess they would have had to get him a little emotional first, then it would be fine. :) Loooove youuu
Rape is far worse than any other crime, and he did it without thinking. He didn't go in with a premeditated agenda to kill the guy, he just snapped because the dude tried to rape the girl he loved AGAIN. I cannot see a hatred for a guy that killed a rapist, I can't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The premiere of walking dead was the worst episode, skip it and just ******* watch 28 days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The scene with Larry and Susie from tonight's Curb episode was so absolutely positively high-larious
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
The scene with Larry and Susie from tonight's Curb episode was so absolutely positively high-larious

Btw I have found a new goto pump up speech.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my DVR set for SOA since I need to watch two more episodes of season three.

I think I'm going to avoid this thread till I catch up just to be safe...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

The IT Crowd is pretty good stuff.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES McGee! I've watched every episode of the IT Crowd at least 4 times.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Alphas was renewed for a second season by SyFy! Yay!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Woot woot. Gary needs to be a pimp and get himself a ******.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Did the super strong FBI agent stop being so inept? I watched the first episode and got really annoyed with his character. Super strong, but incapable of doing anything right.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

edit: Oh, I read that wrong. He is still in it and his character is a bit more badass now.