Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not sure what they did to it but as you said it was very noticeable. Seinfeld is the only show that ever worked with a laugh track.
That's not true either. All the comedies back then had them. Cheers, Friends, Frasier, etc. I watch How I Met Your Mother from time to time and I think that has one too but you can't tell.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That's not true either. All the comedies back then had them. Cheers, Friends, Frasier, etc. I watch How I Met Your Mother from time to time and I think that has one too but you can't tell.
Well I don't like Friends or Frasier. Cheers is alright but it didn't age that well. HIMYM is not as bad because it's actual audience laughter. They use it sparingly as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget That 70's Show. Had a laugh track as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The comments about laugh tracks made me think of this.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
That 70's Show <3

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But this one makes sense as every show in the seventies had a laugh track and they want to recreate that feel.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those around who enjoy Misfits, you might want to check out 'Fresh Meat'. If you've watched Inbetweeners it is very similar to that. Also watch Skins and IT Crowd.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HATE laugh tracks so much...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBC ratings for Thursday

Community: 1.7
Parks: 2.0
Office: 3.9
Whitney: 3.2

A few thoughts-

Big Bang got a 4.8 during the first half hour and a 5.0 during the second half hour against Community and Parks respectively. Really?

Whitney is lucky the Office is their lead in but I expect Whitney's rating to drop every week. Seriously, why didn't NBC put Up All Night or Free Agents in that timeslot? They would be both better off there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All we can do is pray for Community and hope they want to make sure they can sell it in syndication.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1.7 is higher than I thought it'd be.. and yeah, expect Whitney to taaaaaaaaaaaank hardcore. I'm guessing low 2s next week.

edit: It's interesting to note that both Community and that awful show Outsourced did better in it's post-Office slot than Whitney did. That show is doa I think.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-23-2011 at 12:18 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We should have done a fantasy season based on what shows get cancelled or renewed like they did on Grantland.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna know why NBC doesn't consider moving its comedies to a different night. Or at least shift them all back 30 minutes to not go head to head with BBT.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitney was atrocious. If you're gonna be an unfunny comedy show, you better at least have some attractive people on the show.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why NBC is content to lead off against TBBT with Community? Throw The Office in that slot and actually compete instead of getting absolutely killed.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We should have done a fantasy season based on what shows get cancelled or renewed like they did on Grantland.
People read the stuff on Grantland? My mind is blown.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
People read the stuff on Grantland? My mind is blown.
I don't read every article posted but they have some good stuff from time to time. Keep an open mind.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Grantland quite a bit.

I'm on it every day. What exactly is there not to like?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The one woman writer from NY is a Giants and Mets fans so I'm naturally in love. I'm not sure what she looks like though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I like Grantland quite a bit.

I'm on it every day. What exactly is there not to like?
Every article seems almost identical. I've just gotten tired of Bill Simmons and his clique. I used to really enjoy his stuff, now I don't find it as entertaining.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't get why NBC is content to lead off against TBBT with Community? Throw The Office in that slot and actually compete instead of getting absolutely killed.
That's exactly why they do it though, instead of competing against a known juggernaut they'd rather monopolize a later time slot. I agree with you, because I love Community, but it's a pretty common strategy in television. The more time slots you can monopolize, the better chances an advertiser is going to choose you during that time slot, the more money to be made. It's annoying, but it's the way the game works.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Every article seems almost identical. I've just gotten tired of Bill Simmons and his clique. I used to really enjoy his stuff, now I don't find it as entertaining.
Simmons only puts out one article per week. I'm not really a fan of his.

But there are some really great writers contributing stuff.

I guess it's the journalist in me that appreciates Grantland a little more. I enjoy some long-form sports articles. I also like their Grading the Trades blog post every few days.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great montage, or greatest montage?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

RUM HAM! RUM HAM!

God that was a good episode. As soon as Mac and Frank started talking about who would have the knife when **** went down I started dying laughing and just didn't stop.
Quote:
Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RUM HAM! RUM HAM!

God that was a good episode. As soon as Mac and Frank started talking about who would have the knife when **** went down I started dying laughing and just didn't stop.
That might have been my favorite episode since The Nightman Cometh.