Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm glad we agree vidae.
We have never agreed!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Parks and Rec on the free trial of Netflix?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parks and Rec was great this week. There's a legitimate chance that Ron Swanson is the funniest character on TV. I can't think of many people to give him a run for his money outside Charlie Kelly, Shawn Spencer and Archer. Ruxin is also pretty hilarious on The League but he's probably not on their tier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damned NFLDC and its double posts.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 09-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Is Parks and Rec on the free trial of Netflix?

First two seasons are on Netflix, the third you can get with the free trial for Hulu (which I of course forgot to cancel after a week.)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

EDIT: It didn't work the first time I typed it out!
Quote:

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 09-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who APS thinks the funniest characters on TV are?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been drinking.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He's been drinking.
I think that is a given.

so who watched Terra Nova? I DLed it but want to know if it's worth watching.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The next few weeks of SOA should be pretty intense.

Last edited by Splat : 09-28-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The theme song for New Girl is horrible.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only watched the first half of Terra Nova, I like it so far, enough to give it a chance.

It is pretty weird how Parks and Rec was so bad at first but really pulled itself up out of the crap pile and into top comedy greatness. I almost want to go back and see why it was so bad at first but that would mean I'd have to watch the old episodes again. I think Ron Swanson was less involved and Andy was less of a lovable moron and more of a douche.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leslie Knope was horrible as well. they made her way to dumb at first. The only character that kept me watching was Tom Haverford.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently rewatched seasons 1-2 on Netflix and s1 is still brutal, but it is weird how they instantly flip a switch from s1 to s2.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Yeah I won't lie, when people told me to watch Parks and Rec, I wasn't sold after Season 1. But season 2 really picks it up and it's one of the stronger comedies on TV.

I'm finally catching up on Breaking Bad after listening to all you bastards talk about it for so long. Season 1 was really slow to start and didn't really grip me, but I have to say Season 2 is a hell of a lot better. I still think Aaron Paul outacts Bryan Cranston regularly though, he's the best part of the show.

And New Girl was funny last night too, except the new guy Winston is way worse then Coach was. He's not funny at all.
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah I won't lie, when people told me to watch Parks and Rec, I wasn't sold after Season 1. But season 2 really picks it up and it's one of the stronger comedies on TV.

I'm finally catching up on Breaking Bad after listening to all you bastards talk about it for so long. Season 1 was really slow to start and didn't really grip me, but I have to say Season 2 is a hell of a lot better. I still think Aaron Paul outacts Bryan Cranston regularly though, he's the best part of the show.

And New Girl was funny last night too, except the new guy Winston is way worse then Coach was. He's not funny at all.
Yeah he needs to step his game up immediately. I didn't think it was possible but I think I might like Zooey even more after watching this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's about damn time that you're watching Breaking Bad, it's only the best show on TV. And I will have to agree about Aaron Paul. It's funny because I read an interview with the creator Vince Gilligan and he said that in episode 9 of season 1 that Jesse was going to be killed off, but the writers strike forced them to end the season earlier than anticipated.

And yeah, that new guy is just ok, but this show might suffer a lot because of Coach going back to Happy Endings. The new guy really didn't do much at all except get in the way. I hope he'll be better from here on out.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crap. I was really afraid of this. It was SUCH a bad move letting Coach go. Y U NO BUY OUT HE CONTRACT?!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I recently started watching Friday Night Lights because I saw a random episode on TV and thought, "Meh, nothing new is on TV and I have no other shows to catch up on." (This was like a month ago)

I watched the first season...pretty awesome. Only a few complaints with the storylines, but overall seemed like it was going places.

Watched the 2nd season...decent to good. Partly because the writer's strike shortened it, but even so the storylines were just not good.

Started season 3...because of the writer's strike, the 2nd football season just abruptly ends and they spend the start of 3 explaining what happened that we missed. Dumb. Then, I really couldn't care less about anything that's going on. I made it about half way and haven't continued and don't know if I will.

Basically, I think the writer's strike really screwed it, but even before the storylines we getting too widespread (like the worthless Landry-Tyra storyline). So much potential wasted.

Also, something that really made me go, "Ok, this is just BS now." Riggins and Lyla are both seniors in season 3. You honestly expect me to believe A. that Riggins was only a soph in season 1 and B. was best friends with a senior? Ok, I can buy Street dating a soph. as a senior. But no way in hell was Riggins only 15 when season 1 started.

/random discussion and rant

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 09-28-2011 at 12:33 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season 3 is great, screw you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So I recently started watching Friday Night Lights because I saw a random episode on TV and thought, "Meh, nothing new is on TV and I have no other shows to catch up on." (This was like a month ago)

I watched the first season...pretty awesome. Only a few complaints with the storylines, but overall seemed like it was going places.

Watched the 2nd season...decent to good. Partly because the writer's strike shortened it, but even so the storylines were just not good.

Started season 3...because of the writer's strike, the 2nd football season just abruptly ends and they spend the start of 3 explaining what happened that we missed. Dumb. Then, I really couldn't care less about anything that's going on. I made it about half way and haven't continued and don't know if I will.

Basically, I think the writer's strike really screwed it, but even before the storylines we getting too widespread (like the worthless Landry-Tara storyline). So much potential wasted.

Also, something that really made me go, "Ok, this is just BS now." Riggins and Lyla are both seniors in season 3. You honestly expect me to believe A. that Riggins was only a soph in season 1 and B. was best friends with a senior? Ok, I can buy Street dating a soph. as a senior. But no way in hell was Riggins only 15 when season 1 started.

/random discussion and rant
It's called a victory lap, hello. Or do they not have those in the States?
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's no season 1.

It wasn't terrible, but the writer's strike pretty much ruined the show. I don't know if it's the same writers after as it was before, but there was just so much I didn't care about by season 3.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's called a victory lap, hello. Or do they not have those in the States?
Victory laps don't happen in season 3 of a 5-season long already not great show.

Also, the move to a non-network channel certainly didn't help. I know it was aired later on NBC, but it was still a non-network show.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

For my money the best seasons of the show were 1, 4 and 5. You'd really be doing yourself a disservice by not finishing it out. Michael B Jordan was epic as Vince.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delocated is one of the b est shows on [adult_swim]

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote