Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
And what did you guys think of Terra Nova?
It's all right. I have watched the first two nothing special but I will keep watching for now at least.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terra Nova was ok. The pilot episode was better than the second one, but it's good enough that I'll keep watching.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Have any of you manly men watched "the X Factor". I actually have, because this cpu is in my living room and my mom likes to watch this show in here. ha. It's pretty damn cheesy, but I'd be lying if some of them werent talented.

I've never been one to hate on these shows too much, because I can appreciate some actual vocal talent. I for one, loved me some Making the Band 4. lol. But yeah, half of the good ones probably belong to some sort of low-level record lable, regardless of what is portrayed to the viewer. And the judges all know who is good before they even come out, or atleast Cowell does, because he cant act for ****. And even some of the auditioners are obviously acting. It's a big cheesefest.
I'm a big fan of singing competitions, but yeah, certain portions of the show are huge cheesefests. I only half pay attention to it when it's on, and just really tune in when there's a talented singer. One of my favorites of last week;
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that girl was pretty good. Kind of goofy, but I heard her a couple of times, she was good every time.

I thought this girl was pretty damn amazing...

I also like that Marcus kid...

Among others...It doesnt really have my full attention, either. So I tend to forget about these people after the show ends. But there are some good ones. Listening more than watching, my back is to it, the majority of the time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pickle Party will prevail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Terra Nova was ok. The pilot episode was better than the second one, but it's good enough that I'll keep watching.
I agree with this. It's enjoyable enough to me. I have some problems with the fiction concerning Terra Nova so far, but I'll keep watching in the hopes that they answer some of my questions. Plus dinosaurs are cool.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How were the comedies tonight? Haven't watched them yet because of the baseball game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the LEGOs comment in Community hit close to home

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How were the comedies tonight? Haven't watched them yet because of the baseball game.

Community, Parks and Rec, and even the Office were awesome.

I missed IASIP and The League.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found out about Happy Endings. Last 2 weeks have been really good. Great cast. I tried getting back into Modern Family and luckily ran into Happy Endings which i think is better.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Community, Parks and Rec, and even the Office were awesome.

I missed IASIP and The League.
Ok that's good then. I watch all regularly but IASIP. I don't know what the LEGO's comment was yet but I'm sure I'll love it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the x factor with my mom now, which is awkward because I'm being a cynical asshole and she's talking about how good everyone is. A couple of them are good, but most are just bad and fun to make fun of. Like right now there's a couple of pubescant skater-looking kids who sound like they're singing in their 9th grade talent show.

I'll admit I'm a terrible singer, but at least I have the decency to spare everyone from hearing my ****** voice.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parks and Rec has been on fire this year.. Community was good tonight and good overall this year, but it doesn't touch Parks and Rec.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on tonight's episodes: Parks > Community = the Office.

Parks was great and I thought Community and the Office were good.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I believe someone has said this before but Community has the higher highs and lowers lows while Parks is consistently at an above average level. I like Community better just because I think the writing is "smarter."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I believe someone has said this before but Community has the higher highs and lowers lows while Parks is consistently at an above average level. I like Community better just because I think the writing is "smarter."
I'd agree with that. Community is always good and Parks and Rec is always great, but the amazing episodes of Community are on another level.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The end of The League was absolute gold. I was rolling.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I'm gonna put my thumb through your eye you little *****!"
Old 10-07-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Just found out about Happy Endings. Last 2 weeks have been really good. Great cast. I tried getting back into Modern Family and luckily ran into Happy Endings which i think is better.
I watched my first episode of Happy Endings last night. It was pretty funny. I'll continue watching to see if it maintains.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Parks and Rec has been on fire this year.. Community was good tonight and good overall this year, but it doesn't touch Parks and Rec.
Trying to power through the first season of Parks and Recs and so far I'd say I've laughed maybe 3 times(think I'm 4 or 5 episodes through).

I know everyone on here says that it just magically improves but it's just so hard to see it right now, I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot less of the really annoying blonde chick and a lot more of Rashida, the indian and Ron Swanson(I knew his name before I watched an episode!) because they really are the stars... but yeah first season is really ordinary, like bad even.

But what do I know, I've all but given up on Curb Your Enthusiasm in the 2nd season, just don't find it funny 95% of the time and gave up on Louis in the first season because I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times and both these are meant to be good. Just hoping that Parks and Rec comes good though and I went in not expecting much from the first season and even then I'm underwhelmed by it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I didn't really like the first season of Parks and Rec at all.. I kept dvr'ing it but I didn't even watch the show until half way through the second season and it goes from meh Office rip-off to the best show of the night.

Stick with it. You'll be glad you did.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I didn't really like the first season of Parks and Rec at all.. I kept dvr'ing it but I didn't even watch the show until half way through the second season and it goes from meh Office rip-off to the best show of the night.

Stick with it. You'll be glad you did.
I second this, wogs you have to stick with it. Just power through. If you have a laptop or ipad just sit and post on NFLDC or something while it's on and kind of absorb it. The 2nd season is SO much better.

I am very happy with The Office so far this year. I thought it would take a big nosedive without Michael but I think him leaving has forced the writers to get creative again instead of falling back on its own established gags.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Trying to power through the first season of Parks and Recs and so far I'd say I've laughed maybe 3 times(think I'm 4 or 5 episodes through).

I know everyone on here says that it just magically improves but it's just so hard to see it right now, I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot less of the really annoying blonde chick and a lot more of Rashida, the indian and Ron Swanson(I knew his name before I watched an episode!) because they really are the stars... but yeah first season is really ordinary, like bad even.

But what do I know, I've all but given up on Curb Your Enthusiasm in the 2nd season, just don't find it funny 95% of the time and gave up on Louis in the first season because I don't think I laughed more than a couple of times and both these are meant to be good. Just hoping that Parks and Rec comes good though and I went in not expecting much from the first season and even then I'm underwhelmed by it.

Just keep watching. Season 1 made me quit watching, only to give it another try midway through season 2. It's not even the same show. They changed Leslie's character to be more plausible. And it's had a ridiculous run of hilarity since then. Gotta watch.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The change really is remarkable. Enough so that I think it is worth it to slog through season 1 just to appreciate that much more how great the show has become.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The change really is remarkable. Enough so that I think it is worth it to slog through season 1 just to appreciate that much more how great the show has become.
I rewatched Season 1 last month just to see if my opinion of it had changed.

Well, it hadn't. It still sucked, but Season 2-4 are so good that I find it unfathomable that it got off to such a bad, unfunny start.