Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care about any of the shows but, I did hear that CBS picked up Medium.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so mad that nbc cancelled Earl. one of very few shows i watched.

in the last couple years, NBC has:
cancelled The West Wing
cancelled Scrubs
fired my friend
cancelled My Name is Earl

if it weren't for the office, i'd have no use for that miserable network.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post

cancelled The West Wing
cancelled Scrubs
fired my friend

Why did they fire your friend?
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

cancelled The West Wing
cancelled Scrubs
fired my friend

West Wing had basically run its course and Scrubs was guaranteed to be picked up by ABC and NBC couldn't afford it anymore. As for Earl, I stopped watching during this season because it just didn't do anything for me anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.
I enjoyed The Unit, anytime you combine President Palmer and the T-1000 it's gonna be good times.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

cancelled The West Wing
cancelled Scrubs
fired my friend

My name is Earl was cancelled? Ah man I didn't know that!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
West Wing had basically run its course and Scrubs was guaranteed to be picked up by ABC and NBC couldn't afford it anymore. As for Earl, I stopped watching during this season because it just didn't do anything for me anymore.
As soon as NBC fails at existing and cancels Chuck, I'll probably be done with NBC too.

Remember everyone, this is the network that canceled the original Star Trek.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Criminal minds 2 hours tonight!!! yayay

missed last week so I'm watching it now, but I can't find the ending :( ******* youtube has the first 4 parts, and no ending
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Name is Earl had a great run, it was time though.

If any network really deserves some hellfire, it's Fox. My friends and I still pop in a dvd of firefly from time to time. Sigh...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished re-watching "Firefly" for the, yes, 3rd time. It is epic awesomeness and really, everyone should watch it. Such an awesome genre mix of Sci Fi and Spaghetti Western. Its wicked awesome, and even though its only 14 episodes (which is oh so shameful), they are a great 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Just finished re-watching "Firefly" for the, yes, 3rd time. It is epic awesomeness and really, everyone should watch it. Such an awesome genre mix of Sci Fi and Spaghetti Western. Its wicked awesome, and even though its only 14 episodes (which is oh so shameful), they are a great 14.
plus a wicked film.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
My Name is Earl had a great run, it was time though.

If any network really deserves some hellfire, it's Fox. My friends and I still pop in a dvd of firefly from time to time. Sigh...
I agree. The show was dragging and the humour got stupider as the show droned on

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please tell me someone else here watches Criminal Minds and can go "wtf?" with me after that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm alone on this one but does anyone else get the urge to change the channel once Michael Bisping and Team UK start talking on "The Ultimate Fighter"? Again.. I might be alone on this.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
plus a wicked film.
I didnt think the film was all that good. They changed characters personalities too much from what they had been on the show. Plus there wasnt even an attempt to give any of the Preachers back story or say who he actually was. Instead it was all about River. But yes, the show was ridiculously amazing.

Im very (VERY) happy that Dollhouse gets another season. Unfortunately its still in the death slot and I don't see its ratings improving much in that slot no matter how good the episodes may be.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
any one else excited for True Blood to start up again?
This guy. Im just really hoping that Lafayette is back, easily one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

I also hate Anna Paquin, funny how I still love the show she stars in. I don't like her as an actress and I despise 'Sookie Stackhouse' as a character.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I missed a lot of posts. I'll try to catch up!

Earl had really run its course. I was a huge fan during the first season but really couldn't get behind it since then. Nothing seemed to have changed and I just got bored.

I'm really happy Fox gave Whedon a second season. He's talented and Dollhouse is a really good show, just started slowly because of Fox. And I'm a huge Firefly / Serenity nerd so I absolutely f'ing loved the Tudyk guest spot. I really hope he's there next season, as he was PHENOMENAL in his role in just a few episodes. I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten more work.

Chuck won't be back until March 2010 (still on Mondays at 8pm), but that is right after the Olympics. NBC and Subway look to be putting a lot of power behind Chuck and are using the Olympics to relaunch the show behind a massive, massive audience. When Chuck was properly promoted (superbowl ads) it shot up in viewers from a steady 5-6 million to 8 million. I'm hoping that the increased exposure through commercials and special web content that Chuck will find an audience and we won't be back here hoping it gets picked up again.

Ben Silverman, the head of NBC, flat out stated that the fan participation (through letter writing, purchasing footlongs and sending in packs of nerds) basically "forced" their hand. After the fans, critics and a huge sponsor like Subway got behind it, they had to bring it back.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-21-2009 at 03:08 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont care about any of the shows but, I did hear that CBS picked up Medium.
I read that too. I'm not in love with the show, but I watch it. It's semi entertaining and better than not watching anything. Glad it got picked up somewhere, and will probably fit well right after Ghost Whisperer if you're into that sort of thing.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I didnt think the film was all that good. They changed characters personalities too much from what they had been on the show. Plus there wasnt even an attempt to give any of the Preachers back story or say who he actually was. Instead it was all about River. But yes, the show was ridiculously amazing.

Im very (VERY) happy that Dollhouse gets another season. Unfortunately its still in the death slot and I don't see its ratings improving much in that slot no matter how good the episodes may be.
I really enjoyed the move myself. Sure it wasnt exact same as the TV show, and was much more Sci Fi then Western I felt, but it still had its moments. I agree, alot of the show's unanswered questions still werent answered, but what do you expect them to do? I really wish it had never been cancelled. Still. Awesomeness.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This guy. Im just really hoping that Lafayette is back, easily one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

I also hate Anna Paquin, funny how I still love the show she stars in. I don't like her as an actress and I despise 'Sookie Stackhouse' as a character.
I dont like her either haha. I wish they could have gotten someone attractive/cute to play Sookie. Evan Rachel Wood is going to be in season 2, so that's an improvement.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is anyone else following Deadliest Warrior?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
is anyone else following Deadliest Warrior?
Was that the show that was on right before Ultimate Fighter last night? That was really quite lame, TBH.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont like her either haha. I wish they could have gotten someone attractive/cute to play Sookie. Evan Rachel Wood is going to be in season 2, so that's an improvement.
I'm going to miss Lizzy Caplan. Her character was pure sex.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm going to miss Lizzy Caplan. Her character was pure sex.
Lizzy Caplan in general is pure sex. She is so hot.
Quote:
Old 05-22-2009, 04:40 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Lizzy Caplan in general is pure sex. She is so hot.
That would be true.