Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-22-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Breaking News about American Horror Story

http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1215396p1.html
YES! I've been having this conversation with my friends for awhile now and thought that it would be great if each new season was just focused on a different horror story with new characters. Very happy to hear this, although I'm still disappointed with the lack of explanation they gave in the finale of season one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
YES! I've been having this conversation with my friends for awhile now and thought that it would be great if each new season was just focused on a different horror story with new characters. Very happy to hear this, although I'm still disappointed with the lack of explanation they gave in the finale of season one.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
God damned Dexter is so ******* terrible. I ******* hate when a good show with an awesome ******* premise goes from absolutely exhilarating to the absolute ******* TRASH that it is now. ****, ****, ****. **** the Dexter writers, and Jennifer Carpenter. God dammit is she an awful ******* actress. I cannot stand her ******* character anymore. The worst part? I have to ******* watch next season to know how they handle the stupid ******* twist that should have happened 2 ******* seasons ago.

...****.

Also, I am going to catch up on Bored to Death. Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome. Ted Danson is the man.

Also, Friday Night Lights is more awesome then Breaking Bad. YEAH I SAID IT!

EDIT: And Kat Denning and Lake Bell have awesome tits. But Lake Bell is the definition of a butterface. Seriously. Ok thats all.
Are you serious with hating on Jennifer Carpenter? She is by far the most interesting character left on Dexter (that includes Dexter now), and she did very very well this season compared to everyone else.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you serious with hating on Jennifer Carpenter? She is by far the most interesting character left on Dexter (that includes Dexter now), and she did very very well this season compared to everyone else.
Seriously? I find her character as annoying as ever. She's still so insecure and just...jittery. I get uncomfortable just watching her. Plus, the "pottymouth" aspect of her character is SO forced. They just insert random profanity in the middle of her sentences to make her sound badass, but she just sounds stupid. Don't even get me started on the stupid ******* incest storyline that gets done in every single ******* show or movie to ever feature an adopted sibling. So damn annoying.

Plus, she's a brutal actress. Saying she was the best this season, in a group of absolutely terrible performances, is like saying she's the smartest kid with down syndrome. Not impressive, even if I did agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i thought the 2nd half of the season was starting to get pretty lame, but I actually thought that the season finale was pretty good and salvaged a storyline that was getting old to me. I wasn't planning on watching season 2 next year, but I really have no idea what to expect now so I'll give it a shot.
The finale was all over the place. It was a mess. It was like they forced three episodes into one. Possibly my least favorite episode of the series so far.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally finished up Dexter and Boardwalk.

Dexter:

Boardwalk:

Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't focus on Dexter, he's ******* boring and that means more of his inane inner commentary.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't focus on Dexter, he's ******* boring and that means more of his inane inner commentary.

Should we focus more on Deb-Laguerta's struggles? Or the Qunn-Batista relationship? Or the tech nerd who has a weird fascination with Dexter? Everything else is ******* awful.

I do agree though, I want Doakes back.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss him too :(

Old 12-23-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter just needs to go back to actually ******* using dark humour and start embracing camp hardcore. I don't care if it alienates some people who want stunning drama, thats not what the show is, and the only actor on the show who might be semi-capable of pulling it off is Hall and whoever they pay to be the villain (idk if you call Miguel a villain for season 3 though) every year. If the show went in a more comedic angle they could probably use literally every single one of their cast members more effectively except for Laguerta who needs to be killed off in the worst way.

At this point, I don't even know if it matters though, it isn't going to get more than the two seasons its already apparently signed up for, and Michael C. Hall is probably just laughing to the bank every monday morning with his million dollars per episode. It feels like they're probably just milking the cash cow now. I'll still watch it (although I don't even have cable let alone showtime so its not like it matters) probably just for something to do after football on sunday nights. The only other sunday show I watch is BrBa and I have no idea how long of a break they're taking between seasons, I just hope it isn't a year and a half again.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting either The Tudors or American Horror Story tomorrow, you people decide.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm starting either The Tudors or American Horror Story tomorrow, you people decide.
natalie dormer makes the tudors. watch until she leaves the plot. AHS is pretty awesome, unlike any other tv series that i've seen.

and homeland has me hooked. damien lewis is a god. i love his face.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The Tudors. AHS is stupid.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHS was really good until the last episode...which was just sloppy.

I liked the show a lot, but don't see how it'd hold my interest beyond the one season. Especially since the writers have already spoiled the entire series by revealing their plans for the show... The whole point of a "Horror Story" is the suspense...not knowing what's going to happen next.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm a big fan of AHS. I recommend that.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
AHS was really good until the last episode...which was just sloppy.

I liked the show a lot, but don't see how it'd hold my interest beyond the one season. Especially since the writers have already spoiled the entire series by revealing their plans for the show... The whole point of a "Horror Story" is the suspense...not knowing what's going to happen next.
I'm honestly glad that they aren't going to try to milk more seasons out of this same story line. The variety gives them more options, so they can explore new themes and ideas.

When I first heard this plan it reminded me of The Twilight Zone, one of my favorite tv series of all-time, where each episode is a totally new story. Anythings better than watching another show go to **** because it went on for too long like Dexter.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watched all of homeland over the weekend. why is it so awesome.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i watched all of homeland over the weekend. why is it so awesome.
so did i. and it is certainly awesome
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I agree with the both of you. Homeland is excellent.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Starting Homeland as we speak, so you assholes better not be lying to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-26-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Starting Homeland as we speak, so you assholes better not be lying to me.
the acting is impeccable, although danes gets annoying at times. damien lewis is god. i was thoroughly engaged throughout the season. try not getting hooked. and the sex scenes do not hurt one bit.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:34 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fully caught up on Sons of Anarchy now. I must say, i agree with you who have said that they aren't very good at season finales.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Finder looks like such a Psych ripoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The Finder looks like such a Psych ripoff.
I thought of that as well. Mentalist and now this one ripping off one of the best most fun shows on TV.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And they both pale in comparison to Psych, but we already knew they would. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote