Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When Psych is on it's the best show on television.
At least vidae was semi-right, that is just never true and I like Psych.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This also. And I will take Always Sunny at its best over P&R as well, but I will probably be alone on that one.
You're right, because IASIP is awful. Putting it up against Community or P&R is a joke.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
At least vidae was semi-right, that is just never true and I like Psych.
Naaa you're just never right lately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Rob gets a 4.1 while Parks gets a 1.9 in he same time slot. What the **** is wrong with this country? It's really unbelievable.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So Rob gets a 4.1 while Parks gets a 1.9 in he same time slot. What the **** is wrong with this country? It's really unbelievable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a CBS comedy. It'll get great ratings.. that's how TV works. Stupid braindead writing makes you a hit, but great writing with amazing characters gets you in the toilet or canceled.

Most of the people who watch TV are ******* morons.

Rob is up against American Idol next week anyway, so it'll drop because a) American Idol is still a ratings JUGGERNAUT and b) Rob sucks.

Last edited by vidae : 01-13-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate the world. Can Parks just migrate to a network that it can get viewers on?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also the ratings gathering system is stupid. Older people in more established households are going to watch CBS comedies with laugh tracks. These are the people Neilsons uses to pull in their data. I'd bet the actual number of viewers of Community, especially if you count Hulu viewers, is a lot higher.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's no secret that the Nielsen ratings data is antiquated, but until someone comes up with something more fitting with the times it's all they have to go on.

Unfortunately it is rather skewed but what can you do?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's no secret that the Nielsen ratings data is antiquated, but until someone comes up with something more fitting with the times it's all they have to go on.

Unfortunately it is rather skewed but what can you do?
Arbitron ratings used to determine radio ratings is more antiquated than Nielsen ratings which says something.

And I agree with you that most of the people that watch tv are morons. I only watch a select # of shows (Mad Men, Community, HIMYM, Happy Endings, The League, etc) but can't stand most of the crap that's out there.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost 100% certain that there's going to be some massive scandal that comes out dealing with CBS fixing its ratings. I refuse to believe that members of the same species are that ******* low that they like/enjoy/tolerate such utter ****.

Not that I have much room to complain since I never watch shows live on TV. Always stream commercial free... So I guess I'm part of the problem.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

A&E is doing a show called Bates Motel, which is a prequel to the movie Psycho. That sounds.....well that's something.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-13-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw last night's P&R and I literally lol'ed for like 5 minutes at the ice walking scene.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A&E is doing a show called Bates Motel, which is a prequel to the movie Psycho. That sounds.....well that's something.
Man, that sounds dumb.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Rob gets a 4.1
Try 13.5.

(didn't see it, but I was just blown away with 13.5 million people making that mistakes.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

13.5 million people but 4.1 in the all important 18-49 demo.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Man, that sounds dumb.
Kathy Bates is staring as the mother ..
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm a fan of Kathy Bates as an actress, but mehhhh.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Alright, AMC apologists ... here's one for you:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-k...-murder,67575/

Apparently, "The Killing" will NOT reveal who killed Rosie Larson til the bitter end of Season TWO now. So, not only were we lied to and deceived once, but now it happens AGAIN!?

Get this Veena Sud ***** a clue, ok?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When Psych is on it's the best show on television.
Quote:
Best Community episodes >>> Best P&R episodes
Quote:
This also. And I will take Always Sunny at its best over P&R as well, but I will probably be alone on that one.
I can almost agree with all of these. The highs were amazing on Always Sunny, but not as much lately. Psych might be the best, with Community having the highest peaks. There hasn't been an infallible comedy in 6 years, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen episodes of Parks and Rec sporadically and am now trying to watch all of the episodes in order. I had heard that the beginning of the series is pretty rough, but damn, I wasn't expecting it to be as brutal as it is. When does it get better?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I have seen episodes of Parks and Rec sporadically and am now trying to watch all of the episodes in order. I had heard that the beginning of the series is pretty rough, but damn, I wasn't expecting it to be as brutal as it is. When does it get better?
It's just season 1 that is rough, after that it is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I can almost agree with all of these. The highs were amazing on Always Sunny, but not as much lately. Psych might be the best, with Community having the highest peaks. There hasn't been an infallible comedy in 6 years, though.
Yaaaaay, more IASIP supporters. I will not allow vidae's smear campaign to tarnish it's stellar reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank God. I am stopping for breaks in the middle of every episode right now.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very true sir. The show gets progressively better and better.