Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still take it to the resolution of the church plotline thing. Seriously, there was ZERO point to that entire thing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I didn't actually watch the show. I was just poking fun at LOST and JJ Abrams.
Nothing to poke fun at. Bashing LOST is just asinine. It's the show all these other shows would kill to be half as good as.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the Lost discussions. Everybody trying to figure things out. I realized that it was 1-18 today (that date sticks out to me every year, unfortunately) and I remembered all of the ridiculous ideas we had about the viral Cloverfield stuff, too. Collective forum theories were generally awesome.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I miss the Lost discussions. Everybody trying to figure things out. I realized that it was 1-18 today (that date sticks out to me every year, unfortunately) and I remembered all of the ridiculous ideas we had about the viral Cloverfield stuff, too. Collective forum theories were generally awesome.
All I remember is I had at least 2,000 posts in the LOST thread, which accounted for like 50% of it. There will never be another show that gave fans that much to discuss. The possibilities were endless.

People who forget that and choose to be upset over the writers not giving them a definitive answer to everything are just idiots. **** those idiots.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
People who forget that and choose to be upset over the writers not giving them a definitive answer to everything are just idiots. **** those idiots.
And now tell us how you really feel!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And now tell us how you really feel!
Those ******* should go ******* **** their ******* faces.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** off Xiomera and admit the writers copped out of answering anything of any importance on that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
**** off Xiomera and admit the writers copped out of answering anything of any importance on that show.
I stopped watching LOST after the 3rd season. I really think the writers wrote the show one episode at a time and forgot half the crap they had included throughout the series which made them leave a lot of stuff open-ended.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I stopped watching LOST after the 3rd season. I really think the writers wrote the show one episode at a time and forgot half the crap they had included throughout the series which made them leave a lot of stuff open-ended.
I watched it all the way through, and I can say that yes that's exactly what they did. Again everything was explained by a light cave. Whats the light cave? The writers don't know, but it's a light cave. Oh and the characters were cool so we can excuse the entire story for being ****.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
There is literally nothing I need to know the answer to.

Seriously, it's the lack of explicit answers that I like. It leaves room to interpret. It doesn't invalidate the YEARS of fan speculation and theorizing. Spelling everything out for people would only disappoint people. Not the other way around.

As for writers writing as the series develops, I hate to break it to you, but every show on network TV does that. If you want a simpleton show with no complexity, then don't watch LOST. It'd be damn near impossible to write a show that was that compelling without adjusting as you went along.

Last edited by Xiomera : 01-18-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh boy, it's this debate again. Look, I didn't hate the Lost end but they clearly should have ended it in a little bit better manner. It's certainly not the worst way to end a series (Seinfeld, Battlestar, The Sopranos probably) or close to the best (The Wire, The Shield).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm done with this debate. I don't know who brought it up, but **** them.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
the worst way to end a series (Seinfeld, Battlestar, The Sopranos probably
WHAT!? I ******* loved that finale!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
WHAT!? I ******* loved that finale!
I thought the first part was terrific, but the second part was stupid and had numerous ridiculous scenes...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Happy Endings was pretty great tonight.

Loved Alex's confusion over what a baker's dozen is and the line about getting ripped off by her baker.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I'm done with this debate. I don't know who brought it up, but **** them.
It gets brought up along with anything else that had awful plots or crappy endings, it just happens. It's like mentioning crappy music and not bringing up nickelback.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It gets brought up along with anything else that had awful plots or crappy endings, it just happens. It's like mentioning crappy music and not bringing up nickelback.
We get it, you don't like the show, but you're in the minority.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, hold on.. who has a problem with Nickleback?

Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've now finished the second generation of Skins. After the first few episodes, mainly because of the gangster gimmick, I thought the second generation had lost a lot of what made Skins Skins, but from that point on the generation gradually improved. The second half of the second season easily matched the best of the first generation.

Overall, I'd say there were a few more things I didn't like about the second generation(Pandora), but it was in total on par with the first. Here's to third living up to the reputation.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins goes Group 1 > Group 2 > Group 3, but it is still enjoyable. I thought Cook was a particular highlight of the second group of kids.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Wait, hold on.. who has a problem with Nickleback?
Everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually a comparatively small number. That's the problem.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
We get it, you don't like the show, but you're in the minority.
I didn't say I didn't like the show(The last two seasons were pretty bad however). I said they copped out on answering anything, and you are certainly in the minority saying they didn't or enjoyed that they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Actually a comparatively small number. That's the problem.
Eh they have gotten pretty infamous with a large crowd of music listeners, other musicians, and celebrities. Ultimateguitar.com pretty much has an article up every day of someone slamming them for something.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I didn't say I didn't like the show(The last two seasons were pretty bad however). I said they copped out on answering anything, and you are certainly in the minority saying they didn't or enjoyed that they didn't.
I don't think I'm in the minority. When the show was actually still in people's thoughts, it was at least 50/50 with those that saw it as a suitable ending.

What things are you most upset they didn't answer? The only one that bothers me is Walt. But the actor aged and they couldn't keep him as a character. I'm not going to blame the writers for a lack of payoff there.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

In its second week on Wednesday, Whitney plunged 20% vs. last week to a series low 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.. Are You There, Chelsea? had a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating down 22% vs. a 2.3 rating last week.

Die die die NBC. Bring back Community.

SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!