Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Hard to believe the Dark Knight will be on tv in a few minutes already. HBO was prompt on this one. A lot of the time their debut Saturday movie is from like 2007.
Certain smaller movies HBO takes their time to debut because they don't really matter all that much ratings wise. Movies like Harry Potter and TDK get put on quicker these days because they put so much money into acquiring their rights and such.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by Bender's back, baby! New Futurama episodes are in our future

Quote:
Comedy Central has ordered all brand new episodes of Futurama, and the show has officially gone back into production.

An insider told Collider.com that the network has given the series an order for 13 additional episodes to air now that the network has run through all of the series' original episodes and the four full-length DVD movies. This news has sparked rumors that production has officially started again on the series and casting is underway
This makes me nervous. It makes it sound as if they are recasting all the voices
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure there just trying to get all the old voices back. It would be utterly pointless to re-cast everything.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Anyone watch Tosh.0? I'm watching it right now. It's alright...I do like these clip shows every now and then and I love Tosh. He isnt nearly as funny on this show so far, though.
Im pleasantly surprised. Normally stand up comic tv shows arent that good. I like demitri martin but his show was awful. Tosh.0 was better. I wouldnt immediately change the channel like most shows. I think Tosh's style fits alright with the style of show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Writing a good show would be a nice start for him.
when was the last time the Fox networked cared about quality? they only care about ratings. if they cared about quality, I'd be on season 10 or 11 of Futurama.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Im pleasantly surprised. Normally stand up comic tv shows arent that good. I like demitri martin but his show was awful. Tosh.0 was better. I wouldnt immediately change the channel like most shows. I think Tosh's style fits alright with the style of show.
That soda chugging kid's video was on yesterday. haha. eww.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was the first episode of season 2 of True Blood? And how was the Weeds premier? Downloading them now, looking forward to em both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How was the first episode of season 2 of True Blood? And how was the Weeds premier? Downloading them now, looking forward to em both.
The Weeds premiere was good. So far I am liking the direction the season could follow.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
when was the last time the Fox networked cared about quality? they only care about ratings. if they cared about quality, I'd be on season 10 or 11 of Futurama.
FX is an offshoot of Fox and they certainly care about quality.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The Weeds premiere was good. So far I am liking the direction the season could follow.
I didnt really like last season all that much. It kinda trailed off IMO. I love Andy though, he needs more screentime.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First ep of Weeds wasnt bad but it was definitely strange. The show seems to have more of a point to it now, with this being the last season you can sort of see them building up the finale. So while I say it was odd, I do agree that the direction its going is really intriguing.

As for the new True Blood, loved it. That show never fails to entertain. Even though I hate Paquin & Sookie I still love me some True Blood. Im worried about my boy Jason though.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
FX is an offshoot of Fox and they certainly care about quality.
would that be during their playing of the same movies over and over, the reruns of King of the Hill and That 70s Show or DVD on TV?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
would that be during their playing of the same movies over and over, the reruns of King of the Hill and That 70s Show or DVD on TV?
Damages, Rescue Me, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Nip/Tuck........

I was aiming for the original shows angle instead of the **** they rerun constantly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
First ep of Weeds wasnt bad but it was definitely strange. The show seems to have more of a point to it now, with this being the last season you can sort of see them building up the finale. So while I say it was odd, I do agree that the direction its going is really intriguing.

As for the new True Blood, loved it. That show never fails to entertain. Even though I hate Paquin & Sookie I still love me some True Blood. Im worried about my boy Jason though.
Just watched Weeds. Definitely strange. Not really sure how I feel about where its going.

True Blood is still downloading, but Im excited to watch it later. I cant say Im a huge fan of Paquin either, and I am upset that
. That said, I think this season could be really cool. Needs more Eric and vampire drama isntead of so much human/human balogne.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lizzy Caplan :(

Also, I think you will QUITE enjoy this episode..
Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

True Blood was awesome, I'm glad that Lafayette is alive.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True Blood was awesome, I'm glad that Lafayette is alive.
/agree

One of my favorite characters.

I love the directions True Blood is going, as opposed to Weeds. I don't think you could even call Weeds a dark comedy anymore, its a drama with a couple comedic elements. Im becoming less and less enthused with this seasons direction.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Yeah, didnt enjoy the 2nd episode of Weeds at all. Its all over the place now, and it just doesnt captivate me anymore.

First episode of True Blood was ******* awesome. I still think there are alot of useless storylines thrown in and i hope it doesnt become like the 2nd season of Heroes in that way, where they just mashed together characters and storylines for no reason. That said, it was awesome and I cant wait for the next episode.
Quote:
Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barney Stinson makes life more enjoyable.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my God Artie Lang... Norm Macdonald and Lang along with Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel are some of the most hilarious actors/comedians when it comes to making a point or filling a room with "akwardness" and confronting situations.

But damn, Artie Lang is a d-bag. Him on Joe Buck the other night just kinda ruined every thing I liked about the guy. I'll tell myself it's the boose and drugs and NOT his "real" personality. Hmmm

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I though that too. But on the other hand, Joe Buck's a real **** anyways.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

William Shatner was good on Conan.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently bought the 10th anniversary of Sports Night on DVD (was only about $40 on Amazon) and I forgot two things:

1) I forgot how great of a show it is, well written and acted

2) I forgot how much I love Sabrina Lloyd

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I recently bought the 10th anniversary of Sports Night on DVD (was only about $40 on Amazon) and I forgot two things:

1) I forgot how great of a show it is, well written and acted

2) I forgot how much I love Sabrina Lloyd
Aaron Sorkin works magic yo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yeah, I though that too. But on the other hand, Joe Buck's a real **** anyways.
Yeah Buck can come across as pretty arrogant, and he probably is, but still. Joe Buck has been around a long time, and his list of credentials is pretty solid.

For Lang to come on the premiere of his show, talk and act that way, and (IMO) intentionally try to ruin Buck's show and attack him, was just flat out classless.

Lang was on Adam Carolla's podcast yesterday and said he's nearly 3 months sober, so we can't use drugs and alcohol as an excuse....

Buck clearly is working hard to produce a good show for the audience and I'm sure everyone on his team are busting their butts to be successful. Lang dropped a longgggg way in my book.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote