Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-10-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
My roommate has been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother. I don't get why everyone loves it. I don't find it funny at all.
It used to be good. Not it sucks.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Seppia naked made me happy.
Just thinking about it, how bad did Glabur just play Seppius lol? He killed Seppius and stole his men, and now he's banging Seppia who Seppius was obsessed with.

Glabur is a *****, but gotta give him a touche on that one.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Awesome episode of Spartacus. Gannicus has made his decision and it was crazy seeing the guys face getting chopped off and his brain sliding out. Finally got to see Seppia naked .
Gannicus is awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Gannicus is awesome.
I agree, probably my favorite character right now.

Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Spartacus is such an awesome show. Keeps getting better and better. Gotta love kill shots like the one Spartacus did on that massive guy.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided to try and watch the American version of Skins. The ****'s the point of a shot-by-shot remake?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I decided to try and watch the American version of Skins. The ****'s the point of a shot-by-shot remake?
I have not watched one second of the American version and I don't plan on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Just thinking about it, how bad did Glabur just play Seppius lol? He killed Seppius and stole his men, and now he's banging Seppia who Seppius was obsessed with.

Glabur is a *****, but gotta give him a touche on that one.
Honestly, the best villain in the show is Ashur and it's not even close. I have to imagine he is going to be the major antagonist heading into next season. Although he could just as easily be dead next episode.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I have not watched one second of the American version and I don't plan on it.
Don't. I knew it would be worse, but I thought it would be at least an original storyline.

Instead it's the same exact story, same exact scenes, same exact shots, just much shittier. Literally nothing more than a shittier version of the first season, so no reason to watch instead of the actual first season.

BTW, if you weren't aware, this is the last generation of Skins. Guess it had to end at some point. With the third generation being a clear step-downwards compared to the first two, perhaps it'll prevent a truly ****** fourth generation. Thought it's format(replacing generations every two seasons, relying on young writers/actors) would keep it afloat longer, but it what it is.

http://www.mediaspy.org/report/2012/...-by-channel-4/

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Don't. I knew it would be worse, but I thought it would be at least an original storyline.

Instead it's the same exact story, same exact scenes, same exact shots, just much shittier. Literally nothing more than a shittier version of the first season, so no reason to watch instead of the actual first season.

BTW, if you weren't aware, this is the last generation of Skins. Guess it had to end at some point. With the third generation being a clear step-downwards compared to the first two, perhaps it'll prevent a truly ****** fourth generation. Thought it's format(replacing generations every two seasons, relying on young writers/actors) would keep it afloat longer, but it what it is.

http://www.mediaspy.org/report/2012/...-by-channel-4/
I got the feeling that it would be the last. I still enjoy the format, and the show is fun and all, but it has run its course. Plus I have no doubt they'll replace it with something good.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shameless was awesome once again as expected. Is anyone keeping up on Luck?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Paley Center did an interview/Q&A with the cast and some of the writers/EPs on Community if anyone is interested to watch it. It's an hour and change but it's really funny and pretty cool.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...aleyfest-panel

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Honestly, the best villain in the show is Ashur and it's not even close. I have to imagine he is going to be the major antagonist heading into next season. Although he could just as easily be dead next episode.
I don't think that's really possible because of two things:

1. Ashur really doesn't care about capturing Spartacus, he just is helping Glabur to try and get a higher place in Rome. If Glabur we're to die what purpose would Ashur have? He is no use to anyone else.

2. Ashur is not a part of the senate. How will he move up in the world? He just doesn't have the resources to become the main antagonist.

The show is about to get really tricky because I'm pretty sure it has been approved for a 3rd season... but what are they going to do? If they kill Glabur in the season finale which is probably going to happen because they killed Batiatus in the first season finale, what could they do?

In real life history after they kill Glabur, Crassus come from Rome and just blows the rebels off the face of the earth with like 100,000 troops. How can they possible make a season out of that? I doubt they want to kill off Spartacus..

I could be completely wrong though, maybe they show the rebels losing and end the series that way. I'm pretty sure season 3 has been approved right?

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are those Community webisodes being released this week or are they already out?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't think that's really possible because of two things:

1. Ashur really doesn't care about capturing Spartacus, he just is helping Glabur to try and get a higher place in Rome. If Glabur we're to die what purpose would Ashur have? He is no use to anyone else.

2. Ashur is not a part of the senate. How will he move up in the world? He just doesn't have the resources to become the main antagonist.

The show is about to get really tricky because I'm pretty sure it has been approved for a 3rd season... but what are they going to do? If they kill Glabur in the season finale which is probably going to happen because they killed Batiatus in the first season finale, what could they do?

In real life history after they kill Glabur, Crassus come from Rome and just blows the rebels off the face of the earth with like 100,000 troops. How can they possible make a season out of that? I doubt they want to kill off Spartacus..

I could be completely wrong though, maybe they show the rebels losing and end the series that way. I'm pretty sure season 3 has been approved right?
Please. Writing could easily explain away any of these issues. Ashur is clearly being portrayed as a major villain, so I don't see how hard it would be to shift the focus from Glabur to him. Again, what happened in reality is not relevant. This has never been portrayed as a true story. Using character names as one thing, but using that as anything more than background information is not relevant.

Ashur is incredibly smart and quite a charismatic guy who knows how to manipulate people to do what he wants. He has been that way since season 1. I can easily see him ramping that up.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Are those Community webisodes being released this week or are they already out?
They're on the site.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three days until Community! *dance*

Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait. I've missed that show so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started watching Friday Night Lights today. Living here in Texas, I can easily relate to so much of this show, as a high school teacher, there is nothing I hate more than high school kids who act like they are a bad ass.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well it is about DAMN TIME BRENT!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well it is about DAMN TIME BRENT!
needed to pause to A) come on here and have a few beers but also B) tell you to eat weenis, vidae.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
needed to pause to A) come on here and have a few beers but also B) tell you to eat weenis, vidae.
I thought we were best friends? :(

Old 03-12-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought we were best friends? :(
We're in The Best Friends Gang, that's different. Also, we need to plan the next long con.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Two days until Community!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I decided to give a look at Game of Thrones...I did not regret it!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being Human last night was awesome...