Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Adams is ******* great. I got goosebumps when they first said "God save our American States!"

******* greatness.

Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe : 06-27-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just started watching mad men from the beginning, after done with season 1, i understand now why this has won so many awards

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
must... fight... urge.. to disagree with an extensive post.... ahhhh

ignoring inaccuracies, I enjoyed that mini-series almost as much as Generation Kill

Well, yes... nothing is going to be 100% accurate. But for the 1st time, i am teaching about the Am Revolution (in Summer School) and i am appreciating our founding fathers in a whole new light.

Watching John Adams is helping with that appreciation/my learning.. my post wasn't just about that show... i should have clarified that.

Still a great mini-series.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Adams is definitely worth a watch through. Paul Giamatti is great in it and pretty much anything else hes in for that matter.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've put off watching Veronica Mars until now and I just caught the pilot but thewb.com is only hosting the first season until tomorrow (6/29) so my question is, does it get better? I liked it, but does it get progressively better as season one goes on? If so I'd buy it but the entire series is $100 and I wanna make sure it's still good later on.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen a bunch of episodes...a great deal, actually but, I cant really get into True Blood. It's just so hokey and takes itself too seriously at time. Laughably corny moments. It's entertaining but, it has its ups and downs, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone going to watch Hung in a couple of minutes?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Doing so now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
It's being dvr'd!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I was robbed of a Tom Jane wang shot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-28-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haaaaaaaa.

It was a pretty good show.

He's got some ugly youngins.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Hytner was perfect as the motivational speaker

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
So I've put off watching Veronica Mars until now and I just caught the pilot but thewb.com is only hosting the first season until tomorrow (6/29) so my question is, does it get better? I liked it, but does it get progressively better as season one goes on? If so I'd buy it but the entire series is $100 and I wanna make sure it's still good later on.
You can find the whole series for cheaper than 100. Whenever Walmart carries it the show is around 20 bucks each season. It does get progressively better and I would guess that about halfway into the first season you will be hooked. Season 2 I thought was even better than 1 and 3 was good but not near as good as the other two.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Veronica Mars is good, definitely worth a watch. It isnt as good as some would make it out to be, but its a really interesting show and it is very unique. I will admit, I am a big Kristen Bell between VM and her character on Heroes. Its a little formulaic, and when they broke that trend in Season 3, I actually enjoyed it. Absolutely worth a watch though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Veronica Mars is good, definitely worth a watch. It isnt as good as some would make it out to be, but its a really interesting show and it is very unique. I will admit, I am a big Kristen Bell between VM and her character on Heroes. Its a little formulaic, and when they broke that trend in Season 3, I actually enjoyed it. Absolutely worth a watch though.
Yes, because your opinion that it is not as good as some make it out to be is absolute and correct...
Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to watch John Adams as I hear rave reviews, but will I still enjoy it if I'm not a patriotic person?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You can find the whole series for cheaper than 100. Whenever Walmart carries it the show is around 20 bucks each season. It does get progressively better and I would guess that about halfway into the first season you will be hooked. Season 2 I thought was even better than 1 and 3 was good but not near as good as the other two.
You liked Season 2 better than 1? I thought Season 2 got way off focus and absurd at times, even though I enjoyed it. The first season is one of my favorite seasons of any show ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
You liked Season 2 better than 1? I thought Season 2 got way off focus and absurd at times, even though I enjoyed it. The first season is one of my favorite seasons of any show ever.
Season 2 is way out there for sure. I just loved how they went ultra dark with the show. It was absurd at times but I but into that because I felt it was a stylistic choice. Season 1 is just so ******* fantastic but I have such a great time watching season 2.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I loved the Virtuality pilot. It has the potential to be an incredible series, I just hope Fox doesn't do what Fox does and cancels it too soon.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the premier of Hung. Thought it was alright. Definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it would be alot more comedy and alot less drama...That said, its the first episode, and I have faith in Tom Jane. I mean, hes Tom Jane. I am at least interested to see where it goes from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what was the best part about Hung?

He actually just wants his kids back.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I want to watch John Adams as I hear rave reviews, but will I still enjoy it if I'm not a patriotic person?
As a fellow non-patriot, yes.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
As a fellow non-patriot, yes.
I'm just interested in history and I really enjoy it.

Plus, Abigail Adams is a pretty good MILF.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I think so. But you won't enjoy this.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I loved the Virtuality pilot. It has the potential to be an incredible series, I just hope Fox doesn't do what Fox does and cancels it too soon.
I've been meaning to watch this. It looks like it could be a good pairing on Friday with Dollhouse now that Terminator is gone. I'm a fan of Nikolaj Coster Waldau (I really liked New Amsterdam, but I was probably the only one alive who did..) and would like to see that stick on Fox.