Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
the office ******* sucks at this point.
I know. That's why I'm so pissed. If those lazy ***** that watch only the Office would branch out a little and watch those other Thursday shows, they would get better comedy and writing, and we would get more of the shows we love!!!!!

Darn them to heck.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more Parks and Rec, Community ?&!?!?!?

**** this ****!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you NBC... **** YOU!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LETS BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN! (nbc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ******* unacceptable. How about moving the shows to a different night before you say the ratings aren't good enough. Jesus christ!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community and Parks and Rec weren't likely to get better ratings on another night. I hate it, but it's the truth.

idk, I'll wait until the upfronts before I start to freak out.

And just somethin to think about: On ANY other network, Community and Parks don't make it past the first or second seasons. If this is the end of both, at least we've gotten this much?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-09-2012 at 12:58 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USA doesn't seem to go for the 30 minute sitcom. They go for the hour long buddy shows. Now if they wanted to make an hour long show based on Troy and Abed..

Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USA has the buddy show down to an art at this point. They don't have any 30 min comedies now but that doesn't mean they couldn't change. Who knows if Harmon and crew would still want to do the show if it's not on NBC though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crossover Community-Psych episode! The immature relationships are too much to handle!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/nbcs...eason-renewal/

If you read that it clearly says that 30 Rock is in for a final season while Community and Parks are likely to get "shortened" seasons, which means 13 episodes instead of 22, but nowhere does it say final for either.

This happens all the time. If both Parks and Community are renewed (which I still think they will be) here is what I predict will happen: They'll be renewed and some of their new comedies (or all) will fail HORRIBLY, so Community, Parks, or BOTH will get a back 9 order.

Last edited by vidae : 05-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god 30 Rock is ending... It used to be decent. Now it is just blah.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The showrunner for Up All Night is leaving to run another show on NBC, so maybe that show is dead in the water now. I expect Whitney to be canceled at this point as well. That opens up some leeway for both Parks and Community.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The showrunner for Up All Night is leaving to run another show on NBC, so maybe that show is dead in the water too. I expect Whitney to be canceled at this point as well. That opens up some leeway for both Parks and Community too.
You got me addicted to both shows... If Parks and Rec and Community die I will need your shoulder to cry on.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, 30 Rock wouldn't be a loss. I've never been a fan. But I would hate to see Community Parks and Recreation canceled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also thought I'd share, stayed at some girls place last night and was trying to flip around to find something to watch after the Celtics game. Her roommate came over and informed me that Big Bang theory was on channel 68. I said that I hated that show, she asked if I wasn't intelligent enough to understand it............. a part of me never came back this morning.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also thought I'd share, stayed at some girls place last night and was trying to flip around to find something to watch after the Celtics game. Her roommate came over and informed me that Big Bang theory was on channel 68. I said that I hated that show, she asked if I wasn't intelligent enough to understand it............. a part of me never came back this morning.
When I told my brother in law that I thought BBT was the worst show on TV, he said it was because I probably didn't understand the math.

I know that feel.

I just wish I knew why people who watched that show thought they were intellectuals. Or why that show was smart at all. Or why that show was on TV at all. Or why CBS, as a network, continued to exist.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
didn't understand the math? what math? the 12 seconds they actually spend talking about anything remotely related to science?

god i hate everyone.
Yes. I explained to him that it was a show created by Chuck Lorre, who created such intellectual POWERHOUSES like Grace Under Fire, Dharma and Greg, and Two and a Half Men. I also pointed out that anyone who thinks The Big Bang Theory is a "smart" comedy at all has their head up their ass.

Lastly I said that if he called me stupid again we'd have problems. We haven't talked about TV shows since.

And if you couldn't tell, my brother in law is a giant douche.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Crossover Community-Psych episode! The immature relationships are too much to handle!
I'd implode
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I just wish I knew why people who watched that show thought they were intellectuals. Or why that show was smart at all. Or why that show was on TV at all. Or why CBS, as a network, continued to exist.
This, times a trillion. I've been in the exact situation a couple of times before, where i bash BBT and get hit with the "oh, well, it's cause you don't understand the nerd humor".

And that was the first time i struck a woman.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really watched Big Bang Theory. But I'm sure it's dumb. I've generally stereotyped all comedies like. I might be forgetting some show, but I believe the only network comedies I watch anymore are Parks & Rec and Community.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I told her that I was insulted by the lack of intelligence on the show and the low level humor which caters to people who don't want to actually think, to which she didn't respond and then tried talking about how she was going to **** some dude to change the subject. This was after me and my buddy awkwardly heard her puking in the bathroom several times for no reason...... just thought I'd get the rest of the story out of they. Or most of it at least.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This, times a trillion. I've been in the exact situation a couple of times before, where i bash BBT and get hit with the "oh, well, it's cause you don't understand the nerd humor".

And that was the first time i struck a woman.
That is my biggest pet peeve with this show. I'm a nerd, I'm not ashamed to admit it, and BBT does not correctly portray nerd culture. You can't just throw in a Firefly or BSG reference every other line and call it nerd humor/nerd culture. That just isn't how it works. And these retards watch the show and go omg I get that reference! lol!!!.. ugh. That show needs to die.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
see, but there's the difference. you're not a nerd to the point of having never seen anything more than 10 feet from your basement. and you're not stupid enough to think that laughing at someone using big words makes you smarter. you're clearly not in the target audience for the show.
These are the nicest words you have ever said to me. I feel like this is a hug it out moment. Am I alone there? You wanna hug it out? That's what it feels like.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
i'd go for a hug, but i think my head only comes up to your waist and that would be awkward. maybe i can just hump your leg or something.
You'll never know until you try.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate BBT, but there are much worse shows on TV.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote