Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This was my first thought too. Who the hell is going to watch Community at 8:30 on a Friday?
It's probably a top 2 or 3 show for me and I'll stop probably watch most episodes on DVR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This was my first thought too. Who the hell is going to watch Community at 8:30 on a Friday?
Fringe got 3 seasons on a Friday, so that's not all that bad. Plus, I'll still watch since I don't give a rats ass about having a social life.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, okay. Married with kids... I guess I can't relate to that mindset anymore.
I'm home pretty much every Friday night. What about DVRing the show?

As for Grimm, I agree with Brody's assessment. I like it and keep up with it but it's solid at best.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Groaaaaaaaan, why do studios insist on screwing good shows? For god sake people get some taste in good television and watch these shows. Arghhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ you people are unbelievable. A few days ago you were sure that Community was being renewed for a final season, and they renewed it without saying the word final anywhere, and now you're upset about the day that it's on?

Suck it up. If you go out friday, DVR it. Community is not a ratings juggernaut. Moving it to Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday will NOT improve the ratings. The ratings are what the ratings are and they're not going up significantly, period.

I will enjoy the show as long as its on no matter what the night. Some people are just never happy.

As for Grimm, it's not a great show, but it's entertaining enough for me to DVR and watch. I was happy that it was renewed. It's hard to get a second season these days.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think NBC moved Community to Friday anticipating that they'll cancel it next year. I think they'll end up ordering the number of eps they need for syndication and call it a day.

Let's be real. The ratings suck. There is no point of keeping it on Thursday or moving it to Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, like Vidae said.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that Dan Harmon's contract is up and it's no sure thing he's returning.

Might as well cancel it, if true.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they pick Chevy over Dan Harmon I'm going to be ******* pissed. Chevy is the worst part of this show and he's apparently a giant douche to boot.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part of the show is Ken Jeong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
But I loved him as Senor Chang so much!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What? I love Senor Chang.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chang ruins the show with his very presence. Can they kill him off?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm gonna miss "House." Two weeks, 3 hours left of the series.

Damn.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Chang ruins the show with his very presence. Can they kill him off?
He is great as Senor Chang for like 2-3 episodes a season. After that he just gets annoying.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I saw that trailer last night. It looks like an interesting show but I'd be shocked if it lasted on a primetime network. That is a TNT/sci-fi show. JJ Abrams had a show on NBC last year that was canceled midseason, and I'd be surprised if this were any different. Especially because it'll be on Monday..

I do think it looks cool though. I just don't think it will last.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have access to that video at work, what show is it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't have access to that video at work, what show is it?
revolution on nbc. it has gus as a militia leader so that's awesome. just from the trailer, it seems like a better show than walking dead to me.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohh ok I just read about that. That was one of the shows I was most excited for so it'll be good to see that trailer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I could take a dump in a box, film it, and air it and it'd be a better show than The Walking Dead.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revolution why you gotta go and put up Cubs 2012 WS champs. Not cool. Not Cool.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I saw that trailer last night. It looks like an interesting show but I'd be shocked if it lasted on a primetime network. That is a TNT/sci-fi show. JJ Abrams had a show on NBC last year that was canceled midseason, and I'd be surprised if this were any different. Especially because it'll be on Monday..

I do think it looks cool though. I just don't think it will last.
"The Voice" is its lead-in so it has a chance to stick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I could take a dump in a box, film it, and air it and it'd be a better show than The Walking Dead.
yeah but i doubt 6 million people would watch that.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yeah but i doubt 6 million people would watch that.
If he said it was a zombie dump.....
Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
"The Voice" is its lead-in so it has a chance to stick.
True, but it's also on in the 10 to 11 pm hour. Lead ins are important but so is the timeslot you're in. And so is the type of show you are.

I just don't see a sci-fi show by JJ Abrams lasting on that day, in that timeslot, regardless of the lead in.