Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah but you give everything a 3 episode chance.
That seems to be a common misconception around these parts. I don't just watch any show and give it three episodes. I watch the shows that look interesting to me and give them three episodes. You can't base what a show is about based off the pilot, but three episodes usually seems to do the trick.

Like, I didn't watch Whitney or that Chelsea show because they both looked awful, but I gave a three episode shot to Awake which I liked.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Flashforward, Alcatraz, Awake, many others.
I wouldn't put Alcatraz in the same category yet. I still haven't watched the season finale though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I wouldn't put Alcatraz in the same category yet. I still haven't watched the season finale though.
Well, it was canceled, so you have plenty of time to catch up. :D

Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Like, I didn't watch Whitney or that Chelsea show because they both looked awful, but I gave a three episode shot to Awake which I liked.
Awake was good until they made it some conspiracy that his captain was in on. To me that completely ruined what I found interesting about the show and I stopped watching.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Awake was good until they made it some conspiracy that his captain was in on. To me that completely ruined what I found interesting about the show and I stopped watching.
Meh, you kinda knew it was coming though. I don't LOVE Awake, but I like it, even with the conspiracy stuff. It's a shame it was canceled but it isn't one of those shows that I'll be really bummed over.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Dammit! I was a big fan of the main characters boobs.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh, you kinda knew it was coming though. I don't LOVE Awake, but I like it, even with the conspiracy stuff. It's a shame it was canceled but it isn't one of those shows that I'll be really bummed over.
I was personally hoping he was actually living in two separate timelines. I know that isn't "realistic" but that is part of the point. It takes skill and balls to make a show like that. It's one of the reasons I like Fringe so much.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-15-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Fringe (from what little I've seen) did it so much better than Awake did, but I think they also had more leeway. You KNEW Fringe was going to have weird out there moments or ideas, whereas you didn't really.. expect them from Awake. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Dammit! I was a big fan of the main characters boobs.
We all were sir. We all were.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Catching up on PnR and season 4 is amazing. Watching Ron watch Tom bowl is amazing.
The only Parks and Rec I've seen until recently is season three. I just finished season one last night. It wasn't as bad as some on here have claimed it to be, but it is a far cry from how good the show is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The only Parks and Rec I've seen until recently is season three. I just finished season one last night. It wasn't as bad as some on here have claimed it to be, but it is a far cry from how good the show is now.
No one HATED the first season, we just all recognize that it is by far the weakest season. Every season since then has been gold, but they started off slow.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright folks, it's your turn to pick the next tv series i watch in its entirety on netflix! I know, i know this is very exciting for everyone involved (myself included) and it brings along great pressure for those brave enough to accept the challenge.

Here's some of the series ive watched just to give you some idea of what i like: bsg, mad men, firefly, lost, soa, californication, and futurama.

Winner shall be inundated with positive rep for many weeks to come. Thanks in advance and good luck!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Fringe (from what little I've seen) did it so much better than Awake did, but I think they also had more leeway. You KNEW Fringe was going to have weird out there moments or ideas, whereas you didn't really.. expect them from Awake. Does that make sense?
Sure. I just think it's a lot more boring to go the conspiracy route. It really seemed like they were going to make it more interesting than that. To me anyway.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Alright folks, it's your turn to pick the next tv series i watch in its entirety on netflix! I know, i know this is very exciting for everyone involved (myself included) and it brings along great pressure for those brave enough to accept the challenge.

Here's some of the series ive watched just to give you some idea of what i like: bsg, mad men, firefly, lost, soa, californication, and futurama.

Winner shall be inundated with positive rep for many weeks to come. Thanks in advance and good luck!
Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, Dollhouse. BOOM.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh i have watched bb too my bad forgot about that one. One of my faves obvs

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Homeland, Games of Thrones and Being Human (US).

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post

Parks and Rec, Psych

Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deadwood. .
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure. I just think it's a lot more boring to go the conspiracy route. It really seemed like they were going to make it more interesting than that. To me anyway.
Psych!!!!!!!

Or breaking bad.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Not only was it cancelled, it was ******* terrible.

I watched the first five episodes and that was five too many. So many ******* problems.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

themaninblack:

If Breaking Bad isn't the next show you choose, you've picked wrong.

Besides, if you watch that and catch up, you can enjoy Season 5 with us all when it airs in July and August.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

luther

thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He already said he had watched breaking bad. Stop with this.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
He already said he had watched breaking bad. Stop with this.
Was just about to post this, haha.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, Dollhouse. BOOM.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote