Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Doesn't stop 9/10 of Hollywood.
I think this actually happened

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Direct tv has pissed me off again. And little do they know I have nothing better to do than call them since there's no pirates game tonight.

They're whole propaganda has been that Viacom wants us to pay more for the same channels. Well direct tv why should I pay you the same thing for less channels.

And get your **** together and get on board showtime anytime. It's 2012 how can you not be on that?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Direct tv has pissed me off again. And little do they know I have nothing better to do than call them since there's no pirates game tonight.

They're whole propaganda has been that Viacom wants us to pay more for the same channels. Well direct tv why should I pay you the same thing for less channels.

And get your **** together and get on board showtime anytime. It's 2012 how can you not be on that?
Tell me how it goes and how much less I can haggle my bill down too.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To celebrate the cult-favorite sci-fi drama’s 10th anniversary, Science Channel is shooting a new one-hour special chronicling the Firefly cast reunion at Comic-Con this week.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
To celebrate the cult-favorite sci-fi drama’s 10th anniversary, Science Channel is shooting a new one-hour special chronicling the Firefly cast reunion at Comic-Con this week.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
All hail commie, the bringer of great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Forest Whitaker is one of my least favorite actors. Ever.
I'm sure there's a reason for this...well, not really. He's a really good actor, so I'm just going to assume you're racist.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm sure there's a reason for this...well, not really. He's a really good actor, so I'm just going to assume you're racist.
Robots can't be racist.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Robots can't be racist.
Clearly you don't watch Futurama.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forest Whitaker is one of my least favorite actors. Ever.
me too, i blame his damn wonky eye

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Clearly you don't watch Futurama.
Bender Bending Rodriguez is the exception, not the rule.
Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forest Whitaker eye...

Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
me too, i blame his damn wonky eye
I hate the wonky eye and also hate him in pretty much everything he has done.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I hate the wonky eye and also hate him in pretty much everything he has done.
He was great in The Shield, The Last King of Scotland, Platoon, Phone Booth, the highlight in an otherwise blah Vantage Point, and awesome in smaller roles like Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Yes, he has a defect in his eye but he's still an awesome actor and by all sources a good dude.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Brodeur, I just finished season 5 this morning/last night. The first three seasons were solid, it really starts to hit it's stride by S4 and S5 elevated to another level. I imagine 6 and 7 will just continue to get stronger.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Oh Brodeur, I just finished season 5 this morning/last night. The first three seasons were solid, it really starts to hit it's stride by S4 and S5 elevated to another level. I imagine 6 and 7 will just continue to get stronger.
The last two episodes of S7 are perhaps the best two episodes of anything ever. But on the whole, I prefer S6 and 7 to the rest of the series truthfully, so many intense sequences and some of the best TV acting I've ever seen from Walton Goggins.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-11-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Managed to get 14.99 off the bill for direct tv. One of my friends works in their sales dept and she said call and ask got the retention dept and they gave me a small discount.

Not too bad considering I don't really watch any of the channels.

I wanted to watch Political Animals but now that's 4 things Sunday's at 10. My dvr can't even handle tv right now. Obviously breaking bad has first priority.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The last two episodes of S7 are perhaps the best two episodes of anything ever. But on the whole, I prefer S6 and 7 to the rest of the series truthfully, so many intense sequences and some of the best TV acting I've ever seen from Walton Goggins.
I agree with you. Those last two eps of the show are pretty much perfection. Goggins kills it times 1000 and the show ended perfectly. The Sheild and Six Feet Under easily have my favorite series finales.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was great in The Shield, The Last King of Scotland, Platoon, Phone Booth, the highlight in an otherwise blah Vantage Point, and awesome in smaller roles like Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Yes, he has a defect in his eye but he's still an awesome actor and by all sources a good dude.
Good Morning Vietnam as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forest Whitaker is the ******* man. I hated his character in The Shield but loved hating him so I give him a lot of respect for that performance. I think The Last King of Scotland is at this point in his career his best work.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shield was pretty much perfect TV.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Speaking of perfect TV, four more sleeps until Breaking Bad is back. Every person who is not up to date on the show needs to remove their thumb from their ass and catch up.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
The Shield was pretty much perfect TV.
Agreed. Nearly every episode was perfection.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Though nearly a year ago it was announced that creator Mitch Hurwitz would be cooking up an all-new season of the brilliant, cancelled-too-soon comedy series Arrested Development, fans would be forgiven for being leery about the reality of these new episodes actually happening.  It seems like Hurwitz, producer Ron Howard, and the show’s stars have been talking about the ongoing development of the elusive Arrested Deveopment movie ever since the show went off the air, and we’ve yet to see that come to fruition.

Plans are firmed up for a brand new season of Arrested Development to air on Netflix in 2013, setting the stories of our characters up for the eventual feature film.  Now AD die-hards can rest a little more comfortably, as Howard and star Jason Bateman recently shared some pictures of the writers room for the new season and Hurwitz, with Bateman revealing that production on the fourth season of Arrested Development begins in four weeks.  Hit the jump for more.

In just two Tweets, fears of the Netflix season of AD falling apart have all but been qualmed.  Ron Howard shared the following message along with the picture of Hurwitz:

Bateman and Howard both tweeted a picture of the duo alongside series mastermind Hurwitz, with Bateman adding that production begins in a month:

Taken at AD mission control, today! All systems are go. Filming for the new episodes starts in four weeks. Woo! twitter.com/batemanjason/s…

Though plans were made and schedules were firmed up, the many promises made regarding the Arrested Development movie had me a little worried that the series might not actually happen or would be delayed.  It’s doubly reassuring to have this confirmation from the three main creative heads behind the show, and I essentially blue myself once I peeped the corresponding images.  The bonus season of Arrested Development will air on Netflix in 2013.
http://collider.com/jason-bateman-ar...-update/179103
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Thank you for that Bert. I am so ******* excited.